The candidates who are aspiring to be the part of the IIST can follow up this article. Indian Institute of Space Sciences and Technology (IIST) only offers admission in B.Tech Avionics, Aerospace, and Dual Degree Program. If you are planning to study space science at IIST then this article will help in understanding the admission process, eligibility criteria, selection process, chances of getting admission and more details about the Admission in IIST.
Indian Institute of Space Science (IIST) was established in 2007. Even in the infant stage, the Institute gained a place among the best college in India. It is a government aided institute which is also a deemed university. It is located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India and is completely dedicated to study and research in outer space. So, if you are planning to lead the next ISRO space mission then this is the right place to be.
IIST conduct the 4-year regular B-tech course every year, so, whoever candidate who are interested to be part of IIST, should go through below important dates.
The Candidates willing to apply for B-tech program have to make sure that they meet up the eligibility criteria set up by the institute.
- The candidates who belong to Indian origin can only apply for IIST.
- Candidates of General and OBC cast must be born on or before 1st October 1993, and students who fall under SC, ST and PD must be born on or before 1st October 1988.
- The candidate must have the authentic proofs to verify their age.
- The Candidate must secure 75% in their 12th board exam. The percentage can be relaxed in the SC, ST and PD up to 65%.
- The Candidate who is applying must qualify anyone requirement:
- 10+2 conducted by the any recognised central/state board, recognised by the Association Of Indian Universities(AIU),
- Intermediate or two-year pre-university exam by any recognised board.
- Vocational Higher Secondary examination
- Senior secondary school examinations conducted by National Institute of open schooling with minimum 5 subjects.
- The candidates who desire to be part of B-Tech At IIST then they have to secure minimum prescribed marks by category.
- For General Category 20% marks and minimum 5% marks in each subject (Physics, chemistry and maths).
- Other Backward Classes: Non Creamy layer- 18% in aggregate and 4.5 in three subjects.
- For SC, ST and Pd: 10% marks and minimum 2.5% marks in each subject (Physics ,chemistry and maths).
The number of seats in IIST is disclosed and decided by the institutes itself, the candidates who interested to be part of Institutes first have to clear the eligibility criteria.There are only three courses in space science which the institute offers but not all the aspirants aim for the same course. Check the details on your own and know your chances of admission.
IIST Course and Seat Matrix – There are total three UG engineering courses offered by IIST. The total intake capacity is 140. Candidates may check the details from the table below:
|B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering||60|
|B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
(with specialisation in Avionics)
|B.Tech + M.S/M.Tech (Dual Degree)||20|
- Click Here to check the detailed seat matrix.
Reservation of Seat
As per the reservation policy of Government of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions (CEI), candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories and the corresponding percentage of reservation are as given below:
- Scheduled Castes (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 7.5%
- Other Backward Castes Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) – 27%
- Persons with Disabilities (PD) – 5% (Horizontal Reservation)