IIST B.Tech Admission 2018 has begun, the candidates who are aspiring to be the part of the course can follow up this article. Indian Institute of Space Sciences and Technology (IIST) only offers admission in B.Tech Avionics, Aerospace, and Dual Degree Program. If you are planning to study space science at IIST then this article will help in understanding the admission process, eligibility criteria, selection process, chances of getting admission and more details about the Admission in IIST.
Indian Institute of Space Science (IIST) was established in 2007. Even in the infant stage, the Institute gained a place among the best college in India. It is a government aided institute which is also a deemed university. It is located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India and is completely dedicated to study and research in outer space. So, if you are planning to lead the next ISRO space mission then this is the right place to be.
IIST Admission 2018
IIST conduct the 4-year regular B-tech course every year, so, whoever candidate who are interested to be part of IIST in 2018, should go through below important dates.
|Release of Admission Brochure|
|Opening of Online Registration||05 Jun 2018|
|Closing of Online Registration||18 Jun 2018|
|Last date for remitting Registration fee||19 Jun 2018|
|Online publication of IST UG Admission Rank List|
|Online filling-in of Choice (preference) of branch of study||21 to 27 Jun 2018|
Seat Allotment Schedule: Click here to check the revised seat allotment schedule.
For Further Details, the candidate can visit the Official website www.iist.ac.in.
Online Seat Allotment Process
A candidate who secures a confirmed seat during a seat allocation round, has to accept the seat by performing the following process:
- PAY: He/She has to pay a sum of Rs.48400/- through online as the total fee for the first semester, before the specified date/time.
- UPLOAD: He/She has to upload the scanned image of all the mark sheets and certificates, before the specified date/time.
- REPORT: He/She has to report to the any of the 15 specified ISRO centres for verification of original certificates/mark sheets, before the specified date/time.
- Click here to check the important instructions regarding round 4 of seat allotment
- Click here to check information regarding Seat allotment.
- Click Here to check the round 3 seat AE allotment.
- Click Here to check the round 3 seat EC allotment.
- Click Here to check the round 3 seat DD allotment.
- Click Here to check the Important information regarding counseling.
- Click Here to check the round 1 seat allotment.
- Click Here to check the round 1 AE allotment.
- Click Here to check the round 1 EC allotment.
- Click Here to check the round 1 DD allotment.
- Click Here to check the instructions for withdrawal from allotment rounds.
- Click Here to check the list of reporting ISRO Centres.
The Candidates willing to apply for B-tech program have to make sure that they meet up the eligibility criteria set up by the institute.
- The candidates who belong to Indian origin can only apply for IIST.
- Candidates of General and OBC cast must be born on or before 1st October 1993, and students who fall under SC, ST and PD must be born on or before 1st October 1988.
- The candidate must have the authentic proofs to verify their age.
- The Candidate must secure 75% in their 12th board exam. The percentage can be relaxed in the SC, ST and PD up to 65%.
- The Candidate who is applying must qualify anyone requirement:
- 10+2 conducted by the any recognised central/state board, recognised by the Association Of Indian Universities(AIU),
- Intermediate or two-year pre-university exam by any recognised board.
- Vocational Higher Secondary examination
- Senior secondary school examinations conducted by National Institute of open schooling with minimum 5 subjects.
- The candidates who desire to be part of B-Tech At IIST then they have to secure minimum prescribed marks by category.
- For General Category 20% marks and minimum 5% marks in each subject (Physics, chemistry and maths).
- Other Backward Classes: Non Creamy layer- 18% in aggregate and 4.5 in three subjects.
- For SC, ST and Pd: 10% marks and minimum 2.5% marks in each subject (Physics ,chemistry and maths).
The Candidates who are interested in applying for the B.Tech then have to fill the application form, that will be released by the Institue. First, the candidates will have to register by submitting the JEE Advanced Roll Number and Date of Birth. Only then the candidates will be able to access the application form and fill details in it. The last step to submit the form will payment of application fee.
- Male candidates in GEN and OBC-NCL Rs. 600/- (Six Hundred only)
- Female candidates in GEN and OBC-NCL Rs. 300/- (Three Hundred only)
- All SC, ST, PD candidates Rs.300/-(Three Hundred only)
Candidates who are desirous to join the undergraduate programmes in IIST must apply separately for admission to IIST by registering at the online application portal. Candidates should appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2018 for admission.
Category-wise IISTAdmission Rank list will be generated only for those eligible candidates who have registered online for the admission to IIST and paid the registration fee.
Please note that IIST Admission Rank list will be prepared based on their aggregate marks scored in JEE(Advanced)-2018.
Tie Break Criteria
The following tie-break rule shall be applied in case of same marks:
- Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics.
- If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher marks in Physics.
- If there is a tie even after this, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who secured higher rank in JEE(Main)-2018 examination, in the respective category.
Online choice Filling by Candidate
- The registered eligible candidates whose name appears in the IIST UG Admission rank list have to visit our admission portal admission.iist.ac.in and login with their IIST Registration No. and password.
- They have to select their choice of branch of study in the order their preference. At the end of the date/time allotted for this purpose, their choices will be automatically locked. Further changing of choices is not possible.
- Students are strictly advised to choose a branch of study based on their interest and preference only. It is NOT mandatory to give all the three choices. Select only those branches in which you are really interested.
- There is NO option to „FREEZE‟ a seat allotment, if you are allotted your second or third choice . You shall be automatically „SLIDED‟ to your higher preference/choice when the vacancy arises during the seat allocation rounds.
The number of seats in IIST is disclosed and decided by the institutes itself, the candidates who interested to be part of Institutes first have to clear the eligibility criteria.There are only three courses in space science which the institute offers but not all the aspirants aim for the same course. Check the details on your own and know your chances of admission.
IIST 2018 Course and Seat Matrix – There are total three UG engineering courses offered by IIST. The total intake capacity is 140. Candidates may check the details from the table below:
|B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering||60|
|B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
(with specialisation in Avionics)
|B.Tech + M.S/M.Tech (Dual Degree)||20|
- Click Here to check the detailed seat matrix.
Reservation of Seat
As per the reservation policy of Government of India applicable to Central Educational Institutions (CEI), candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories and the corresponding percentage of reservation are as given below:
- Scheduled Castes (SC) – 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 7.5%
- Other Backward Castes Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) – 27%
- Persons with Disabilities (PD) – 5% (Horizontal Reservation)
For more details of IIST Admission 2018 candidates can Download Information Brochure.