Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar (IIT Bhubaneswar) has released notification for eligible candidates to admission into Ph.D Programme for the academic year 2018-19. The online submission of application form date has been extended upto November 04, 2018. Candidates are who interested to get admission in the said course at IIT Bhubaneswar for this year can fill their application form in online mode as per scheduled date. Candidates can check the complete information of IIT Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission 2018-19 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
IIT Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission 2018-19
Candidates applying for more than one discipline have to submit separate online application(s) for each discipline along with requisite application fee as applicable. There is no need to send the hard-copy of the application form. However, the candidates are advised to keep a hard copy (print out) of the submitted application form for future reference.The admission in Ph.D Programme in following categories are:
- Institute Scholar
- Sponsored Scholar
- Project Scholar (Projects running at IIT Bhubaneswar)
Schedule for the IIT Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission is given below.
|Opening date for online application||09 Oct 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application|
The candidates are required to apply through online process only accessing the website www.webapps.iitbbs.ac.inon or before the last date prescribed above in the table. Candidates are required to fill all the fields in the application form with specific and valid data. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other conditions before going online application. Candidates can also apply online from the direct link provided below.
Apply Online: Candidates can fill the application form of IIT Bhubaneswar Ph.D Admission 2018-19 from below links.
Application Fee (Non-refundable)
- For General and OBC Candidates: Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only)
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates: Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty Only)
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Online Application and Payment Procedure
- Application form can be filled online accessing the website (http://webapps.iitbbs.ac.in/phd-application/).
- Register to the online-portal by providing your current functioning Email ID.
- Login to the portal by providing the Email ID and password provided at the time of registration.
- Provide correct information in Step 1 to Step 3.
- Review your Data at Step 4.
- If the information are correct then click on SAVE & SUBMIT Button to submit your application.
- If you are a Female Candidate, no Application Fee is required and hence you can take a print of the application form for future reference.
- If you are a Male candidate, Pay the required application Fee as per the following steps.
- Click on the “Pay Application Fee (click here)” Button present at the “User Home” Tab.
- Follow the payment instructions.(click here to download)
- After Successful payment, you will get a SB Collect Reference No.
- Note down the Payment SB Collect Reference No. Click on the “Confirm & Submit Payment Details for ” Button present at the “User Home” Tab and provide data of Fee Payment Mode, Fee Payment Date, Fee Payment SB Collect Reference No. and then submit.
- After completing above steps, you can take a print of the application form for future reference.
Candidates can also check the Online Application SAMPLE FORM from HERE.
The enclosures to be uploaded as part of the application processes are:
- Photo in JPG format with dimension of 200×250 pixels and less than 100Kb.
- Signature in JPG format with dimension of 200×50 pixels and less than 80Kb.
- Mark/grade sheets, certificates and documents starting from Matriculation till highest degree attained.
- Please upload any other relevant documents & certificates related to educational and professional experience.
- No Objection Certificate (In case of Sponsored)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
After successful submission of your application online, your application number will be displayed. Please make a note of the same and include this number in all future communications. The number will also be available in your User Page.
For Institute Scholar
Candidates who possess the qualifications as mentioned below are eligible for admission into the Ph. D. Programme for full-time with Institute Research Assistantship or UGC/CSIR-NET Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or any other doctoral fellowship offered by Govt. of India (GoI), as the case is applicable. A relaxation of up to 5% marks in all academic examination levels is permitted for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
For Sponsored Scholar
The sponsored candidates are not eligible for Institute Research Assistantship; but they must meet the same requisite standards of marks/grades in their qualifying degree and other examinations as mentioned above. They must also be in continuous service for at least three (3) years in any one of the following organizations, where appropriate R & D facilities exist:
- Departments and Ministries of the Government of India or any other government organization.
- Established industrial research and developmental organizations.
- Recognized autonomous bodies and public undertakings.
- Recognized universities/colleges.
For Project Scholar
The scholars working in sponsored research projects at IIT Bhubaneswar can apply for the Ph.D Programme if they meet the applicable eligibility criteria for admission and have at least two years of fellowship tenure remaining, counting from the academic session or semester in which they are seeking admission. If such a candidate intends to be considered for Institute Research Assistantship after the tenure of the project is over, he/she must present a valid GATE score at that point of time or provide the evidence of a valid GATE score used in the year of admission into M.Tech. or equivalent programme.
Programme wise Eligibility Criteria
N.B. 5% relaxation of marks in all academic examination would be granted to the SC/ST/PwD candidates compared to the General/OBC (NCL) candidates. This is applicable to all candidates.
IIT Bhubaneswar Ph.D Programm List
1) School of Basic Sciences:
|Biosciences||Biophysical Chemistry: Protein Chemistry & Spectroscopy, Structure-Function Elucidation of Various Small Heat Shock Proteins Related to Different Diseases (Cataract, Leprosy and Tuberculosis); Biochemistry of the mechanoenzymes ATPases involved in the cellular activities like DNA replication and Protein degradation (ubiquitin-proteasome & Autophagy mediated) and associated disease like Cancer, G-protein Coupled Receptors & Signal Transduction, Chemical and Cellular Biology, Peptide/Protein Design & Engineering, Computational Biology.|
|Chemistry||Coordination Aspects of Homo and Heterometallic Complexes; Metal Based Drug Design, Nanoparticle Based Sensors; Magneto Chemistry of Grid Complexes and Coordination Polymers, Bioinorganic Perspective of Coordination Complexes, Fluorescent Chemosensors, Coordination Complexes as Contrast Agent for MRI; Carbohydrate Chemistry, Synthetic Methods Development, Bioactive Natural and Unnatural Products Synthesis; Supramolecular Chemistry, Molecular Recognition; Metal-Organic and Covalent Open Frame (MOF and COF) Compounds; Biophysical Chemistry: Protein Chemistry & Spectroscopy, Structure-Function Elucidation of Various Small Heat Shock Proteins Related to Different Diseases (Cataract, Leprosy and Tuberculosis); Organometallic, Homogenous Catalysis, Green Chemistry; Theoretical Chemistry, Development of Theoretical and Computational Methods with Application to Electronic Structure, Electron-atom/ molecule Scattering Processes, and Electronically ‘nonadiabatic’ Effects and Dynamics, Design, Synthesis and Characterization of Peptides|
|Physics||Experimental Atomic-Molecular-Surface Physics, nanomaterial, Biomolecules, Nanophotonics, Plasmonics and Fiber Sensors; Large Scale Quantum Simulations of Nanostructures, Quantum Transport in Graphene and 2-Dimensional Layered Structures, Quantum Mechanics and Molecular Mechanics Modeling of Biological Systems, Biophysics; Nanomagnetism, Phase transitions in complex oxides such as Multiferroics, Thermoelectric effects in magnetic nanostructures and topological phases of matter; Energy storage devices, Biosensors; Quantum Dissipation & Decoherence; Experimental High Energy Physics; Quantum Field Theory, String Theory and Black Holes, Soft condense Matter, 2D dilute magenetic semiconductor, photovoltaic and solar cell device|
|Mathematics||Queueing Theory, Stochastic models, Applied Probability, Control of Queues, Complex Dynamics and Fractals, Soft Computing, Optimization Theory, Numerical Methods & Computational Fluid dynamics, Combinational Matrix Theory, Spectral Graph Theory, Functional Analysis, Variational inequalities, Complementarity problems, Data mining and Portfolio Analysis|
2) School of Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences:
|Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences||Satellite and Physical Oceanography,Tropical Meteorology and Monsoon, Atmosphere and Ocean Modeling, Coastal Ocean Dynamics, Atmospheric Aerosols, Climate and Urban Meteorology|
|Geology||Ore Geology, Structural Geology, Seismology and solid earth geophysics, Near surface geophysics, Time-lapse microgravity and Engineering geophysics, Micropalaeontology, Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, Hydrogeochemisty, Geothermics, Environmental Geochemistry, Coal Geology, Coal Characterisation.|
3) School of Electrical Sciences:
|Computer Science||Networks and Security, Cryptography, Software Testing, Formal Verification, Distributed Algorithms, Time-Varying Network Algorithms, Intelligent Transportation Systems, Cyber-Physical Systems, Wireless Sensor Networks, Computer Vision, Mission Learning and Software Engineering, Complex Networks.|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Antenna Design, Microwave Communication, Radar and Sonar Systems, RF Circuit Design, Optical Communication, Fiber Wireless Networks, Cognitive Radio, Wireless Sensor Networks, Digital Signal Processing, Detection and Estimation, Speech Processing, Biomedical Signal Processing, Medical Image Analysis, Image and Video Processing, Biometrics, Analog and Digital VLSI Design, Augmented Reality, Internet of Things and Embedded Systems.|
|Power Systems, Power Transmission and Distribution Protection, Power Electronics and Drives, Power Quality, Renewable and Distributed Generation, High Voltage Engineering, System Modelling and Control, Smart Grid, Power System Operations, Control System and Electric Vehicle.|
4) School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management:
|Economics||Open macroeconomics and Natural Resource Economics. Environmental Economics, Natural Resource Management and Climate Change and Rural Development, Mining Economics, Financial Management, Health Economics|
|English||Commonwealth Studies, Indian Diaspora Literature, Travel Writings/Autobiographies/Memoirs, Indian Writing in English. Postcolonial World Literature, Native North American Literature, Indigenous Literature Written in English, Indian Writing in English, ELT, Cross-cultural Communication, Business Communication.|
|Psychology||Psycholinguistics, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, Neurolinguistics, Positive Psychology and Psychology of Personality, Clinical Psychology, Consumer Behaviour, Cyber psychology (online Behaviour)|
5) School of Infrastructure (Civil Engineering):
- Water Resources Engineering: Hydraulics, Hydrology, Watershed Management.
- Structural Engineering: Structural Dynamics, Concrete Technology, Construction Technology.
- Geotechnical Engineering: Soil Dynamics, Soil-structure Interaction, Ground Improvement, Offshore Geotechnology
- Transportation Engineering: Transportation planning, Traffic engineering, Pavement Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering: Water and Wastewater Engineering, Solid Waste Management, Waste to Energy
6) School of Mechanical Sciences:
Fluid Mechanics, Turbulence, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Large Eddy Simulation, Heat Transfer, Inverse Heat Transfer, Two Phase Heat Transfer, Bio-Heat Transfer, Thermal System Optimization, Radiation Heat Transfer in Participating Medium, Conjugate Heat Transfer, Acoustics, Composite Materials, Sandwich Structures, Fracture Mechanics, Composite Materials, Smart Composite Structures, Vibration, Solid Mechanics, Robotics, Manufacturing, Pulse Heat Transfer in Manufacturing Analysis, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control, Industrial Noise Control, Condition Monitoring, Product Development, Entrepreneurship,Conventional Machining, Modeling & Simulation of Machining Process, Computer Aided Manufacturing, Reverse Engineering, Laser Material Processing, Non-conventional Machining, Multiscale methods for Fracture, Molecular Dynamics; Fracture in Multiphysics problems; structural dynamics.
7) School of Minerals, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering:
Molecular Dynamics modelling of phase formation, Friction Stir Welding, Hybrid joining, Batteries, Polymer-Nanocomposite, Multiferroic oxide solar cells.
Selection lists for Ph.D Admission 2018-2019 at IIT Bhubaneshwar and impotant information regarding for Ph.D Admission 2018 will be released on the official website. Candidates can check the same from official website i.e., www.iitbbs.ac.in or the direct link will be provided below.
Official Website: www.iitbbs.ac.in.