IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022: Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay releases the application form for MBA Admission 2022 on January 08,2022. The last date of online application is January 31,2022. The institute invited applications for MBA Programmes for the academic year 2021-23. Eligible candidates can fill the application form the official website at som.iitb.ac.in and also from this page. Candidates having 4 yrs Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST category) in aggregate or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 for SC/ST category) out of 10, from the universities and valid score of CAT 2021 are eligible for IIT Bombay MBA 2022 Admission. Get here the complete details of IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 such as application form details, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest: IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 Schedule released. Scroll down to check it.
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022
Admissions to Master of Management course in Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) IIT Bombay Admission 2022 is done on the basis of the CAT valid score followed by the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview. The schedule for the IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 is given below.
|CAT 2021 Results||03 Jan 2022|
|Online Application||8 Jan 2022|
|Last Date for Applying Online||31 Jan 2022|
|Shortlist of Candidates and Slot Selection||17 Feb 2022 (Tentative)|
|Personal Interviews||2 – 6 Mar 2022 (Tentative)|
|Final list of selected candidates||01 May 2022 (Tentative)|
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A four year Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10
- CA,ICWA,CS,CFA or FRM with a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline having secured 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10.
- Candidates in their final year of degree examination can also apply. The admission in such cases will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as stated in above points at the time of joining the course.
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 Application Form
Candidates can apply online for Admission in MBA programme in IIT Bombay from the official website. Candidate will have to scan and upload the following documents (as per size and dimensions specified) along with the application form. The candidates should fill all the mandatory details in one go, otherwise the data will be lost as the session expires in 50 minutes. The data can be edited anytime before the final submission of the form.
The given application fee for IIT Bombay MBA Admission is based on previous year record.
- Application fee of Rs.1600 for General/NC-OBC applicants, Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD applicants
- Only online payment options (SBI online banking, Canara net banking, Credit Cards & Debit Cards) are available.
Following list of the documents required to scan and upload along with the Application form as per the Instructions.
- Passport size Photograph (jpg/ jpeg/ png with size<=40kb)
- Signature of Candidate (jpg/ jpeg/ png with size<=10kb )
- Graduation Certificate/ latest Semester marksheet for the students appearing for final year/yet to receive a graduation certificate ( pdf only with size<=500kb )
- Caste Certificate if applicable (pdf only with size <=500kb)
- Physically Disabled certificate if applicable (pdf only with size <=500kb).
- CAT 2020 scorecard ( PDF Only with size <=500KB )
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 is given below.
- The prospective candidates are required to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021 conducted by IIMs every year.
- The candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview between 2nd to 6th March based on their Composite Score, which is calculated as per the shortlisting criteria.
- The candidates have to apply for CAT 2021 and Admission to Master of Management programme of SJMSOM separately. The IIMs have no role in the selection of candidates for admission to the Master of Management program offered by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay.
Shortlisting Criteria for IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022
Candidates securing a minimum overall percentile score in CAT 2021 as mentioned below in Table, shall be considered for shortlisting for WAT/PI process.
Minimum percentile cut-off score
Note: Non-Creamy Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Person with Disabilities (PWD)
Candidates will be shortlisted for WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI (Personal Interview) process based on their composite scores calculated as detailed below.
Phase 1: Composite score to be used for Shortlisting for WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI(Personal Interview):
The shortlist of candidates selected for this stage is based on candidate’s composite score of different parameters whose weightages are as mentioned below.
|Performance in CAT 2021 (on Overall Scaled Score)||70 %|
|Gender Diversity||10 % *|
|Post Graduate/Professionals||5 % **|
|Work Experience||5 %|
- 10% weightage is awarded to female candidates.
- 3% weightage is awarded to candidates who are Post Graduates (M.Tech/ME, MD, MS, MA, M.Sc., MCA, M.Pharma. , M.Plan, M.Arch, M.Des, M.Stat, M.Com and in Other Commerce/ Economics Post Graduate courses) and 5% to Professionals such as (CA and ICWA).
Phase 2: Final Selection: Merit List preparation:
The final Merit list of candidates selected for offering admission to MBA programme at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay is based on candidate’s composite score of different parameters whose weights are mentioned below.
- CAT 2021 Overall Percentile Score – 42.5 %
- Personal Interaction (WAT & PI) – 42.5 %
- Candidate’s Profile – 15%
As per the previous years Fee Structure, It is expected to be the same for the year 2022- 24.
- Click here to download above fee structure in PDF format.
- Every student, staying in hostel, has to pay a “per semester mess advance” of Rs.27,000/-.
- Students, who will be permitted for temporary withdrawal from the programme, will be required to pay Rs. 2000/- as a continuation fee per semester.
SJMSOM IIT Bombay
SJMSOM is a public business school and part of the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT B). Ranked 11th for its MBA program by the NIRF in 2020 and ranked 42nd for MBA by Economic Times and 1st in QS India Ranking in 2021. It was established in 1995. The institute has successfully maintained an impressive placement record. The institute inaugurated its 2021 placement drive wherein the institute witnessed the participation of 32 recruiters from different sectors of the industry such as TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Indusind Bank, RBL Bank, ITC, Voltas, TVs among others.
Candidates are recommended to keep in touch with the official website and the college for updates on IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022 as the schedule may change as per the prerogative of the institute.
For more details on IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2022, Visit the Official Website: som.iitb.ac.in
Q.1 What is the total number of seats for 2022-24 batch?
Ans : The total number of seats this year is 152(including EWS).
Q.2 When is the PI process for domestic candidates conducted?
Ans : The PI for domestic candidates will held between 2nd to 6th March 2022 (Tentative).
Q.3 Will my request for re-scheduling of WAT/PI slot entertained?
Ans : Only under exceptional circumstances and genuine cases, it may be considered.
Q.4 Do we have to choose a specialization in second year or is it a general MBA?
Ans : It is a general management program. You have the option of choosing electives from SJMSOM as well as other departments in IITB based on your interest.