|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay has announced the admission in MBA Programmes for the academic year 2017-18. MBA Admission 2017 will be done on the basis of CAT Score result. Get here complete detail of IITB MBA Admission 2017 such as application, admission criteria and other information on this page below.
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2017
Admission to Master of Management course in Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) IIT Bombay commences in the month of January 2017. Online application forms will need to be filled by the candidates desirous of taking admission in Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
Schedule for the IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2017 is given below.
|Online Submission Begins on
Online application starts (Domestic Candidates)
|09 Jan 2017
12 Jan 2017
|Last date for applying online||31 Jan 2017|
|Shortlist of candidates selected for WAT/PI||15 Feb 2017|
|Online selection of slots for WAT/PI starts||16 Feb 2017 (Tentative)|
|Online selection of slots for WAT/PI ends||18 Feb 2017 (Tentative)|
|Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal interviews||02 – 05 Mar 2017|
|Final list of selected candidates||02 May 2017 (Tentative)|
IIT Bombay has declared the result of MBA Programmes for the academic year 2017-18 as per the schedule. Candidates can check the same by entering “SOM Registration” & “CAT Registration ID”. Direct link for the same is also be provided below for the candidates.
IIT Bombay has announced the names of Shortlisted candidates for WAT & PI. Candidates can check the same by entering “SOM ID & CAT ID”. The direct link for the same is also provided below for your convenience.
Candidates can apply online to admission in MBA programme in IIT Bombay from the official website as per the schedule. Before applying online candidates are advised to must ensure their eligibility criteria and other conditions.
- Application fee of Rs. 1600 for General/NC-OBC male applicants, Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD male applicants.
Take Online Application Printout by clicking on ‘Print Form’ option only after final submission and payment of application fees. The Online Application Printout has the information filled in by you in the online application. It also gives your Registration ID. Note down your Registration ID.
For Candidates who have made Online Payment please verify that the Online Application printout contains the online payment transaction details at the end of the form.
- Candidates do not need to post any hard copy of document to the institute now.
- Candidates must bring the printout of the online application form, original and self-attested copies of certificates ( for School board examinations/ University degree(s)/ work experience and internship/ achievements in extra-curricular activities) and any other relevant documents on the day of WAT-PI if shortlisted and called for WAT/PI.
Applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A four year Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10 , from the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- CA/ICWA, with a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline having secured 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10.
- Those appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. The admission in such cases will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as stated in (1) or (2) at the time of joining the course.
The prospective candidates are required to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016 conducted by IIMs every year. The candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview in the first week of March (2nd to 5th March, 2017) based on their Composite Score, which is calculated as per the short listing criteria.
The candidates have to apply for CAT 2016 and admission to Master of Management programme of SJMSOM separately. The IIMs have no role in the selection of candidates for admission to the Master of Management programme offered by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay.
There are few scholarships being offered in SJMSOM. Based on the student’s performance in the semester exams approximately 20% of the students are beneficiary of the various scholarship which comes from various endowment funds (like that of ICICI, etc). Besides, a few other scholarships are available centrally from IIT-B. SC and ST candidates are exempted from paying the tuition fees.
- SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition Fees
- *Students not staying in Hostel are exempted from the payment of Hostel Fees
- **Other Specified fees includes Library, Teaching Aid, Computational Facilities etc.
- Students who were permitted Temporary Withdrawal from the programme are required to pay Rs. 2000/ as continuation fee per semester 8.
The candidates are required to appear for online CAT 2016.
After the CAT 2016 results are declared, the applicants are required to complete the online application form. Candidate will have to scan and upload the following documents (as per size and dimensions specified) along with the application form:
- Passport size photograph
- Graduation Certificate / Copy of latest semester mark sheet (for students still appearing for the final semester or yet to receive Graduation Certificate)
- Caste certificate
- Physically disabled certificate for applicants with disability.
- CAT scorecard
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) between 02 & 05 Mar 2017. Shortlisted candidates are required to book the slots for WAT and PI as soon as the shortlist is released. The slot booking dates are from 16 to 18 Feb 2017 (Tentative).