IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020: Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay has released the shortlist for WAT and PI for MBA Admission 2020. The institute invited applications for MBA Programmes for the academic year 2020-22. Eligible candidates could fill the application form the official website i.e iitb.ac.in. Candidates having 4 yrs Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST category) in aggregate or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 for SC/ST category) out of 10, from the universities and valid score of CAT 2019 are eligible for IIT Bombay MBA 2020 Admission. Get here the complete details of IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 such as application form details, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Latest: IIT Bombay has released WAT PI shortlist for MBA Admission 2020. Click here to check the same.
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020
Admissions to Master of Management course in Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) IIT Bombay Admission 2020 is done on the basis of the CAT valid score followed by the Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview. The schedule for the IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 is given below.
|CAT Results||04 Jan 2020|
|Online Application for Admission||06 Jan 2020|
|Last Date for Applying Online||31 Jan 2020|
|Shortlist of Candidates||Available!|
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply online for Admission in MBA programme in IIT Bombay from the official website as well as from the given link below. Candidate should fill all the mandatory details in one go only as the session expires in 50 minutes and failure of this will result in loss of data. Remember that the data can be edited before the submission of the form only. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form
Application Process Over!!
The given application fee for IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 is based on previous year.
- Application fee of Rs.1600 for General/NC-OBC applicants, Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD applicants
- Only online payment options (SBI online banking, Canara net banking, Credit Cards & Debit Cards) are available.
Following list of the documents required to scan and upload along with the Application form as per the Instructions.
- Passport size Photograph (jpg/ jpeg/ png with size<=40kb)
- Signature of Candidate (jpg/ jpeg/ png with size<=10kb )
- Graduation Certificate/ latest Semester marksheet for the students appearing for final year/yet to receive a graduation certificate ( pdf only with size<=500kb )
- Caste Certificate if applicable (pdf only with size <=500kb)
- Physically Disabled certificate if applicable (pdf only with size <=500kb).
- CAT 2019 scorecard ( PDF Only with size <=500KB )
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A 4 yrs Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10 , from the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- CA/ICWA, with a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline having secured 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10.
- Those appearing for the final degree examination can also apply.
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure for IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 is given below.
- The prospective candidates are required to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 conducted by IIMs every year.
- The candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview between 5th to 8th March based on their Composite Score, which is calculated as per the shortlisting criteria.
- The candidates have to apply for CAT 2019 and Admission to Master of Management programme of SJMSOM separately. The IIMs have no role in the selection of candidates for admission to the Master of Management program offered by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay.
Shortlisting Criteria for IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020
Candidates securing a minimum overall percentile score in CAT 2019 as mentioned below in Table, shall be considered for shortlisting for WAT/PI process.
Minimum percentile cut-off score
Note: Non-Creamy Other Backward Castes (NC-OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Person with Disabilities (PWD)
Candidates are shortlisted for WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI (Personal Interview) process on the basis of their composite scores calculated as detailed below.
Phase 1: Composite score to be used for Shortlisting for WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI(Personal Interview):
The shortlist of candidates selected for this stage is based on candidate’s composite score of different parameters whose weightages are as mentioned below.
|Performance in CAT 2018 (on Overall Scaled Score)||80 %|
|Gender Diversity||3 % *|
|Post Graduate/Professionals||2 % **|
|Work Experience||5 %|
- 3% weightage is awarded to female candidates.
- 2% weightage is awarded to candidates who are Post Graduates (M.Tech/ME, MD, MS, MA, M.Sc., MCA, M.Pharma. , M.Plan, M.Arch, M.Des, M.Stat, M.Com and in Other Commerce/ Economics Post Graduate courses) and Professionals such as (CA and ICWA).
Phase 2: Final Selection: Merit List preparation:
The final Merit list of candidates selected for offering admission to MBA programme 2020-22 at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay is based on candidate’s composite score of different parameters whose weights are mentioned below.
- CAT 2019 Overall Percentile Score – 37.5 %
- Personal Interaction (WAT & PI) – 47.5 %
- Candidate’s Profile – 15%
As per the previous years Fee Structure, It is expected to be the same for the year 2020- 22.
- SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition Fees
- *Students not staying in Hostel are exempted from the payment of Hostel Fees
- **Other Specified fees includes Library, Teaching Aid, Computational Facilities etc.
- Students who were permitted Temporary Withdrawal from the programme are required to pay Rs. 2000/ as continuation fee per semester 8.
Candidates are recommended to keep in touch with the official website and the college for updates on IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2020 as the schedule may change as per the prerogative of the institute.
Official Website: iitb.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.