Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay had released the application form and complete admission schedule for MBA Programmes for the academic year 2019-21. MBA Admission 2019 is done on the basis of CAT Score result. Get here the complete details of IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2019 such as application form details, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2019
Admissions to Master of Management course in Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM) IIT Bombay commences once the date is announced. Online application forms will need to be filled by the candidates who are in seek of taking admissions in Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay as per the schedule.
Schedule for the IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2019 is given below.
|CAT Results||05 Jan 2019|
|Online Application for Admission||08 Jan 2019|
|Last Date for Applying Online||27 Jan 2019|
|Shortlist of Candidates And Slot Selection||11 Feb 2019|
|Written Ability Test And Personal Interview||07- 10 Mar 2019|
|Final List of Selected Candidates|
The merit list for the shortlisted candidates has been released for IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2019. Interested candidates can log in by providing their SOM Registration and CAT Registration ID. The direct link is updated here.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click here to login for WAT/PI Shortlist 2019-21.
- The interviews will happen only at IIT Bombay campus, Mumbai.
- Last date to submit your slot preference is February 14, 2019 at 4:59 PM.
- Slots will be allotted on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- You can update your slot preference any number of times till above date.
- After this date, no more requests for slot change will be entertained.
Applicant must possess one of the following qualifications:
- A four year Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10 , from the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- CA/ICWA, with a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline having secured 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10.
- Those appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. The admission in such cases will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as stated in (1) or (2) at the time of joining the course.
Candidates can apply online for Admission in MBA programme in IIT Bombay from the official website as well as from the given link below. Candidate should fill all the mandatory details in one go only as the session expires in 50 minutes and failure of this will result in loss of data. Remember that the data can be edited before the submission of the form only.
Application Process Over!
- Click here to apply for IIT Bombay MBA Admission 2019.
- Click here to check MBA online application procedure
- Click here to check instructions to fill the online application form
- Application fee of Rs.1600 for General/NC-OBC applicants, Rs. 800 for SC/ST/PWD applicants
- Only online payment options (SBI online banking, Canara net banking, Credit Cards & Debit Cards) are available.
Following list of the documents required to scan and upload along with the Application form as per the Instructions.
- Passport size Photograph (jpg/ jpeg/ png with size<=40kb)
- Signature of Candidate (jpg/ jpeg/ png with size<=10kb )
- Graduation Certificate/ latest Semester marksheet for the students appearing for final year/yet to receive a graduation certificate ( pdf only with size<=500kb )
- Caste Certificate if applicable (pdf only with size <=500kb)
- Physically Disabled certificate if applicable (pdf only with size <=500kb).
- The prospective candidates are required to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 conducted by IIMs every year.
- The candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview between 07 to 10 March 2019, based on their Composite Score, which is calculated as per the shortlisting criteria.
- The candidates have to apply for CAT 2018 and Admission to Master of Management programme of SJMSOM separately. The IIMs have no role in the selection of candidates for admission to the Master of Management programme offered by Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay.
Candidates securing a minimum overall percentile score in CAT 2018 as mentioned below in Table 1, will be considered for shortlisting for WAT/PI process.
Table 1: Minimum percentile cut-off score to be considered for shortlisting
|Category||Section 1||Section 2||Section 3|
Note: Non-Creamy Other Backward Castes (NC-OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Person with Disabilities (PWD)
Candidates will be shortlisted for WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI (Personal Interview) process on the basis of their composite scores calculated as detailed below.
Phase 1: Composite score to be used for Shortlisting for WAT (Written Ability Test) and PI(Personal Interview):
The shortlist of candidates selected for this stage will be based on candidate’s Composite score of different parameters whose weightages are as mentioned below.
|Performance in CAT 2018 (on Overall Scaled Score)||80 %|
|Gender Diversity||3 % *|
|Post Graduate/Professionals||2 % **|
|Work Experience||5 %|
- 3% weightage will be awarded to female candidates.
- 2% weightage will be awarded to candidates who are Post Graduates (M.Tech/ME, MD, MS, MA, M.Sc., MCA, M.Pharma. , M.Plan, M.Arch, M.Des, M.Stat, M.Com and in Other Commerce/ Economics Post Graduate courses) and Professionals such as (CA and ICWA).
Phase 2: Final Selection: Merit List preparation:
The final Merit list of candidates selected for offering admission to MBA programme (2019-21 batch) at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay will be based on candidate’s composite score of different parameters whose weights are mentioned below.
- CAT 2019 Overall Percentile Score – 37.5 %
- Personal Interaction (WAT & PI) – 47.5 %
- Candidate’s Profile – 15%
As per the previous years Fee Structure, It is expected to be the same for the year 2019- 21.
- SC/ST students are exempted from payment of Tuition Fees
- *Students not staying in Hostel are exempted from the payment of Hostel Fees
- **Other Specified fees includes Library, Teaching Aid, Computational Facilities etc.
- Students who were permitted Temporary Withdrawal from the programme are required to pay Rs. 2000/ as continuation fee per semester 8.
Official Website: www.iitb.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.