The IIT Gandhinagar campus is spread over 400 acres on the banks of river sabarmati. 6 Architectural firms collaborate from different parts of the country for the construction of IIT Gandhinagar. It has 6 hostel blocks keeping both ug and pg students. World class sports facilities are provided for the students. IIT Gandhinagar is devoted in promoting excellence in technology and science. It also has 5 week immersion foundation programme for all its undergraduate students. Read the full article to know more about IIT Gandhinagar.
Latest: IIT Gandhinagar Admissions Counselling will be held on October 06, 2020, as per media reports. The candidate can check the same from below.
IIT Gandhinagar Admissions
IIT Gandhinagar offers a total of 9 programs and admission in these undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD. courses is done through scores of different competitive exams followed a personal interview round for some courses.
IIT Gandhinagar Other Admissions
IIT Bhubaneswar, along with other IITs and IISc, conducts entrance examination for admission and pre-qualification of students for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
List of Courses offered at IIT Gandhinagar
Check below the list of courses that IIT Gandhinagar offers for its undergraduate and postgraduate admissions.
B.Tech and M.Tech in
- Material science
PGDIIT In Engineering
- Cognitive Science
MA in society and culture
Mode of IIT Gandhinagar Admission and Selection
Admission to all undergraduate courses are done through JEE and admission in all postgraduate courses are done through GATE and PhD admissions are done through NET or a written test followed by a personal interview.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
This exam is conducted for students who seek admission in engineering courses at IITs, NITs, CFITs. It is 3 hour computer based examination. Joint Entrance EXamination is divided into two phases JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Candidates who qualify JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced. National Testing Agency conducts JEE.
Joint Admission Test for MSc. (JAM)
Joint Admission test is an exam conducted by IIT and IISc. It a 3 hour computer based exam which consist of 60 questions. Types of questions that paper consist of are MCQ, MSQ and NAT. Negative marking is done only for Multiple choice questions. Exam is conducted for admission in MSc. courses or dual degree MSc. courses.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
The exam is compulsory for students who want to take admission in Masters program and direct doctoral degree in Engineering/ Technology and Architecture or Doctoral programs in branches of science in institutes supported by government agencies and MHRD. It is conducted by 7 IITs and IISc jointly.
IIT Gandhinagar Fee structure and Scholarship
Scholarship instituted by Donors
- Kandoi-Dairkee-Gaurav KDG Scholarship
- Mahabir Prasad Sultania Scholarship and Durga Devi Sultania Scholarship.
- Niteen P. Sant Scholarship
- Amalthea Scholarships
- Lalita J Shah & Jayantilal B Shah Scholarship
- P.K. Kelkar Scholarship
- Sri Temasek@IIT Gandhinagar Scholarship
- Satyaram Scholarships
- Prof. M H Divekar Scholarship
- S.C. Mehrotra’s Scholarship
- Chandrakant and Patricia Desai Scholarship
- Prof. KV Venkatesha Murthy Scholarship
- Dr. JL Nayyar Scholarship
- Professor DV Pai Scholarship
- Santosh Rani Tandon Scholarship
- Mrs. Sita Jha Memorial Scholarship
- Bipin and Rekha Shah Scholarships
- Bhai Suresh Mohan Mittal Scholarship and Bhai Krishna Chandra Mittal Scholarship
- Prof. S P Sukhatme Scholarship
- Ajodyabai Gulabchandji Randad Scholarship
- Shri Arjun Raj Mehta Scholarship
- Vimala Srinivas Scholarship
- Vinay Kumar Gupta Scholarship
- Ashok Jain Scholarship
Scholarships instituted by IIT Gandhinagar
- Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- Scholarship for Excellence in Sports and Games
- Scholarship for Excellence in Arts & Culture
- Scholarship for Excellence in Social Work and Leadership
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Tuition Fee Waiver for Undergraduate Students Admitted in and after 2016
- TATA Motors Financial Aid Program (TMFAP)
IIT Gandhinagar Placements
Career Development centre and Placement centre at IIT Gandhinagar helps its students to choose the right career path. It offers a platform for its students to improve their soft skills and groom themselves.
- Alkyl Amines Chemicals Ltd, Mumbai
- Altair, Bangalore
- Bank of India, India
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), India
- Cognizant Technology Solutions, Pune
Internship Partners – Companies
- ABB Ltd., Vadodara
- Adani Power Ltd., Ahmedabad
- Apollo Tyres Ltd., Baroda
- JSW Steels Ltd., Mumbai
- Knorr Bremse India Pvt. Ltd., Faridabad
- Goldman Sachs, Bangalore
- Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd., West Bengal
- Hero Moto Corp, Gurgaon
About IIT Gandhinagar
It is a public engineering school located in Palaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. It is one of the 8 IITs that have been announced by MHRD na Government of India in 2008. The first batch of students were admitted in Chemical, Mechanical and Electrical engineering. It strives to offer unmatched innovations in curriculum in undergraduate and graduate education in India. The permanent campus is located on the banks of Sabarmati river.
IIT Gandhinagar Rankings
IIT Gandhinagar rankings according to NIRF and QS Asia rankings.
|Ranking By||Rank in 2019|
|National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) (Engineering research and teaching)||8th|
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Palaj, Gandhinagar – 382355, India
Academics – 079-2395-2051 / 2053/ 2054
Reception – 079-2395-2800 – 2809
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.