Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad has inititiated the process of IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020 for admission into Masters of Design (Visual Design). It is a 2-year full time course offered at the campus. The application form can be submitted online through official website of IIT Hyderabad, iith.ac.in. The candidates must have a valid CEED score to be eligible for application. Check the details about IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020, Application Form, Eligibility etc on this page.
Latest: The application form is available now. Scroll down to find the application link.
IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020
Admissions to M.Des course offered at IIT Hyderabad are now open. The selection of candidates is done using DAT (Design Aptitude Test) and an interview. The process of IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission shall take place as per the schedule provided below.
Schedule of events for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020 is given below.
|Start Date of filling online application||12 Mar 2020|
|Last date of filling online application||02 Apr 2020|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview||Apr 2020|
|Date of Aptitude Test||29 Apr 2020|
|Date of Interview||30 Apr 2020|
Application Form for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020
The application process is online and the application shall be submitted on the official website of IIT Hyderabad. The candidates must apply online well before the due date of application to avoid the last minute rush. To apply online, the candidates can use the direct link to the application form given below.
Application Fee: Following amount of non-refundable fee has to be paid using SBI-Collect.
- Rs 300/- for General/OBC category (Men)
- Rs 150/- for SC/ST/PWD category(Men)
- Rs 150/- for All women applicants
Steps to fill Online Application Form
Step 1: Registration
Firstly, register using the direct link provided above. To register, candidates need to enter login id, email id and password.
Step 2 : Login in to Application System
Next, provide the login id and password created at the time of registering.
Step 3 : Fill Application Form
The candidates are going to find a “Click here to apply” link. Using the link, proceed to fill the application form for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020.
Step 4 : Pay Application Fee
Pay the fee amount online using SBI-Collect. Note down the “SBCollect Reference Number” received after payment and enter the same in the application form. Also, upload the reference document.
Step 5 : Submit Application
Use the “Submit Application” button to submit the application form.
Step 6 : Print Application Form
Click on the “Print Application” option to print out the IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020 application form.
The printout of application form along with payment reference document and certificates must be carried when called for written test or interview.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020
Before applying for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020, the candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility for the same. The eligibility criteria as prescribed by IIT Hyderabad for admission to M.Des course are as follows:
The candidates must possess a valid CEED score. Also, the candidates must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) in one of the following qualifying exams:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture / Design / Engineering / Interior Design / equivalent . The degree must be of 4 years duration after class 12th.
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT/equivalent) of 4 yrs duration after class 12th.
- B.F.A, which is a 4 year professional programme taken after class 12th.
- G.D. Art (5-year programme after class 10th) with 1-year post qualification, professional experience Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications (2-year programme after 10+2+3).
Selection Procedure for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020
The applicants will have to go through the following selection process to get selected for the IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020. Candidate failing to appear in any of these shall be automatically rejected. The selection will be made on the basis of performance of the candidate in the following.
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) Score
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
- Personal Interview
- Academic Performance
- Design Portfolio
The qualifying exam is CEED. The candidate will be shortlisted for Design Aptitude Test (DAT) based on CEED score. Based on the DAT scores, the candidates are screened and shortlisted candidates have to appear for Personal Interview.
Shortlisted Candidates for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad publish the List of candidates called for studio test and interview for M.Des. 2020-21. List of shortlisted candidates will also be provided here.
- The category-wise CEED score cut-offs, based on which the candidates will be called for Aptitude Test and Interview will be provided here after the successful conduction of exam.
- Official call letters will be sent to the short-listed candidates via e-mail. Carry a self-attested hard copy of this call letter for the aptitude test.
- Based on the CEED score and performance in the Aptitude Test, candidates shall be shortlisted for the interview.
Official website: iith.ac.in
For more details of IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.