Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad has initiated the process of IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2018 for admission into Masters of Design (Visual Design), a 2-year full time course offered at the campus. The candidates are selected on the basis of their CEED score. Check the details about IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2018, Application Form, Eligibility etc on this page.
IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2018
Admissions to M.Des course offered at IIT Hyderabad are now open. The candidates having valid CEED score are eligible. Such candidates shall participate in the admission process. The process IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission shall take place as per the schedule provided below.
Schedule of events for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2018 is given below.
|Start Date of filling online application||21 Mar 2018|
|Last date of filling online application|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates for Test/Interview||06 Apr 2018|
|Date of Aptitude Test||23 Apr 2018|
|Date of Interview||24 Apr 2018|
The application process is online and the application shall be submitted on the official website of IIT Hyderabad. The candidates shall apply online well before the due date of application to avoid the last minute rush. To apply online, the candidates can use the direct link to the application form given below.
- Rs 300/- for General/OBC category (Men only)
- Rs 150/- for SC/ST/PWD category(Men only)
- Rs 150/- for All women applicants
Steps to fill Online Application Form
Step 1: Registration
Official Registration Page will ask you to provide a valid login id, email address and password. Please note that we will use this email address for further communication with you.
Step 2 : Login in to our System
Please Provide the login id and password which you had chosen at the time of Registration with our system. (When ever you login first time our system will ask you for secret key which you received through the email at the time of registration)
Step 3 : Click on the link ‘Click here to apply’ and click on the arrow located at right extreme.
Step 4 : Fill or update your application details by clicking on appropriate arrows. Please note that once you fill or update the information in the appropriate form you need to click on either save/submit button so that your data will be stored in our system.
Step 5 : Pay Application Fee
We are accepting fee through SBI-Collect.
At the time of paying the fee please save the reference document you received from the bank.
- Save ‘SBCollect Reference Number’ in Payment Reference Number column of Application Fee Page
- Upload the reference document by clicking the link provided in Checklist page
Step 6 : Submit your application by clicking on ‘Submit Application’ button. Unless You submit the application by pressing the ‘Submit Application’ button your application will not be considered.
Step 7 : After submission you should take printout of your application by clicking on the ‘Print Application’ button.
Step 8 : If you are called for the Written test/Interview you need to carry all your documents, printout of your application (Which you will receive through email after last date of submission), payment reference document and certificates with you.
Step 9 : You can keep on updating your application,upload the payment reference document and photo till the last date.
Step 10 : “Incomplete application will not be accepted”.Note:
- This site is optimized for Firefox, Chrome
- In any circumstances application fee is non-refundable
Before applying for IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2018, the candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility for the same. The eligibility criteria as prescribed by IIT Hyderabad for admission to M.Des course are as follows.The candidates should have a valid CEED score and a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST) or equivalent grades in the qualifying examination, which are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design/ Interior Design or equivalent (4 years duration after 10+2).
- Professional Diploma in Design (NID/CEPT or equivalent of 4 years duration after 10+2).
- B.F.A. (4 year professional programme, after 10+2).
- G.D. Art (5-year programme after 10th) with one-year post qualification, professional experience Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications (2-year programme after 10+2+3).
The applicants will have to go through the following selection process to get selected for the IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2018. Candidate failing appear in any of these shall be automatically rejected. The selection will be made on the basis of performance of the candidate in the following.
- CEED Score
- Design Aptitude Test
- Personal Interview
The qualifying exam is CEED. The candidate will be shortlisted for Design Aptitude Test (DAT) based on CEED score. Based on the DAT scores, the candidates are screened and shortlisted candidates will have to appear for Personal Interview.
The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in Design Aptitude Test (DAT), Personal Interview, Academic Performance and Design Portfolio.
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad will publish the List of candidates called for studio test and interview for M.Des. 2018-19. Individual Call letters will be sent through e-mail. List of candidates can be checked through the linkthat will be provided below.
- The category-wise CEED score cut-offs, based on which the candidates have been called for Aptitude Test and Interview will be provided here after the successful conduction of exam.
- Official call letters will be sent to the short-listed candidates via e-mail. Please bring a self-attested hard copy of this call letter for the aptitude test.
- Based on the CEED score and performance in the Aptitude Test, candidates shall be shortlisted for the interview.
Official website: design.iith.ac.in
For more details of IIT Hyderabad M.Des Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.