IIT Hyderabad Ph.D Admission 2021 – IIT Hyderabad has extended the application form till April 14, 2021. The application form is available for IT Hyderabad Ph.D admission 2021 at iith.ac.in. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad offers admission to Ph.D programs in various disciplines for 2021 sessions. The application form for all Ph.D. programmes is available now. Candidates can fill their application form online from the official website. To apply for the IITH Ph.D admission, candidates must qualify the eligibility criteria for specific courses. Details of IIT Hyderabad Ph.D Admission 2021 such as application form, eligibility criteria, important dates and other information are mentioned on this page.
Latest: IIT Hyderabad has extended the application form Ph.D. Admission 2021. Scroll down to Apply.
IIT Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2021
The Ph.D programmes offer in various disciplines and streams by different departments of the institute are based on the credit system and provide a student with a wide choice of courses. Each programme comprises several core and elective courses and project work. Candidates can check the dates for IIT Hyderabad Ph.D Admission 2021 from the table given below
|Date of opening of the site for submitting online applications||Available|
|Last date for submitting an online application|
IIT Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2021 Application Form Extended
IIT Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2021 Programmes
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bio Medical Engineering
- Bio Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Liberal Arts
- Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical And Aerospace Engineering
IIT Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2021 Application
The application form of IIT Hyderabad for Ph.D courses for the 2021 session is available online. The application form for the various stream under this course is available at the official website i.e. iith.ac.in. Eligible candidates can apply for admission into Ph.D programmes at IIT Hyderabad from the official website as well as from the direct links is provided below.
Follow the steps given below in order to apply for IIT Hyderabad Ph.D Admission 2021
Step 1 Registration
Our Registration Page will ask you to provide a valid login id, email address and password. Please note that we will use this email address for further communication with you.
Step 2 Login in to System
Please Provide the login id and password which you had chosen at the time of Registration with our system. (When ever you login first time our system will ask you for secret key which you received through the email at the time of registration)
Step 3 Click on the link ‘Click here to apply’ and Choose the department by clicking on arrow of corresponding department
Step 4 Fill or update your application details by clicking on appropriate arrows. Please note that once you fill or update the information in the appropriate form you need to click on either save/submit button so that your data will be stored in our system.
|SC/ ST/ PWD||150/-|
|All Female candidates||150/-|
We are accepting fee through SBI-Collect.At the time of paying the fee please save the reference document you received from the bank.
- Save ‘SBCollect Reference Number’ in Payment Reference Number column of Application Fee Page
- Upload the reference document by clicking the link provided in Checklist page
Step 6 Submit your application by clicking on ‘Submit Application’ button. Unless You submit the application by pressing the above button your application will not be considered.
Step 7 After submission you should take printout of your application by clicking on the ‘Print Application’ button.
IIT Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2021 is as given below:
Artificial Intelligence– The candidate must have earned MTech/Equivalent Degree in CS/ECE/EE or related areas in Artificial Intelligence. The applicant must have already earned the Master’s degree, or should at least be in the final year of the respective program.
- First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in Master’s Degree in Science/Engineering / Technology.
- M.Tech./M.E./M.S.(Engineering/Technology) degree with first class or equivalent in the respective or allied areas.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Sciences in an allied area and possessing a valid GATE score may also apply.
- Candidates with CSIR-NET-JRF / UGC-NET-JRF award for Research fellowship or equivalent or GATE Qualification are encouraged to apply.
- M.Tech or any equivalent degree in any allied area of Life Sciences.
- MSc degree in any allied area of Life Sciences and possessing a GATE score or valid National level JRF qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology and possessing a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with more than 75 % marks (or 7.5 CGPA)
- Qualify in GATE (Civil Engineering) in the last two years. A qualifi cation in GATE is waived off for IIT graduates
- Candidates with MTech/ME degree in Chemical Engineering are eligible to apply. A valid GATE score is not a pre-requisite.
- Candidates with BE/BTech degree in Chemical Engineering and allied field with valid GATE score (CH) are also eligible to apply
- Candidates with MTech/ME degree in allied engineering disciplines such as Chemical Technology (Polymer, Petroleum Petrochemical etc.) and Biotechnology are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates with MSc degree with valid CSIR/UGC NET qualification are encouraged to apply.
- Master’s (MSc) degree in Chemical Sciences with good academic record.
- Valid GATE-score/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF or DST INSPIRE or any other Self Scholarship
- M.Des. / M.Arch. / M.Tech. / M.Phil. / MFA / M.A. / M.Sc / Postgraduate Diploma in Design of NID, Ahmedabad and equivalent.
Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering–
M.Tech./ M.E. or equivalent degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Ceramics, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing/ Production Engineering, Nanoscience, Polymer, Biomedical, and other relevant areas. or
B. Tech. / B.E. (Non- I.I.T.) in the above disciplines with CGPA of 8.5 and above, along with a valid GATE score OR B. Tech. students graduating from an I.I.T. with a CGPA of 8.0 or above are eligible to apply OR B.S (4 Year) students graduating from I.I.Sc. Bangalore or an I.I.S.E.R with CGPA 8.0 or above. The GATE criterion is not mandatory for B.Tech. or BS students graduating from an I.I.T/ IISc-B (who has CGPA 8.0 or above). or
MSc or equivalent in Materials Science/ Physics/ Chemistry/Life Sciences or equivalent degree with valid GATE Score in relevant area or joint CSIR UGC JRF, Inspire, qualified or equivalent exam. or
Candidates holding the regular position, in the Government organization and R&D Labs, who has B.Tech/B.E. or equivalent Degree with CGPA 8.0 and above, in relevant discipline and having two years of experience are eligible to apply.
Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering
MHRD Mode: Candidates with a M.Tech/M.E degree in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines are eligible to apply. A valid GATE score is not a pre-requisite for such candidates.
Project Mode: Eligibility for the Project Mode is the same as that of the MHRD Mode. Candidates admitted in this mode will work on projects funded by external agencies. Stipend is given to these candidates from the external funding agencies and are subjected to their norms.
External Mode: Eligibility for the External Mode is the same as that of the MHRD Mode. Candidates working at reputed research organizations may also apply under the external Ph.D. program. The candidate must have an external Ph.D. guide in their parent organization. Candidates admitted through the External mode are not eligible for any stipend.
- M.Sc. (Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics) or an equivalent degree in engineering(M.E./M. Tech. or M.Sc.(Engg) etc.) with a valid Physics GATE score/UGC-JRF/CSIR-JRF/DST-INSPIRE Fellowship.
- B.E./B. Tech. or equivalent engineering degree with a valid Physics GATE score.
IIT Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2021 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be shortlisted according to the criteria set by a shortlisting committee. Admission of the candidate is done on the basis of either a written test or a personal interview. For some courses, a written test is conducted. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview to be held at IITH. Selection of the PhD program will be based on the performance in the interview. In addition, the department has the right not to select anybody if no appropriate candidates are found. Each stream contains a different procedure for the selection.
For more information about admission in IIT Hyderabad Ph.D. Programme, you can download the information brochure.
Official Website: iith.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.