IIT JAM 2019 Application Form has been issued by IIT Kharagpur. Last date to apply online is October 12, 2018. Candidates can fill online application form of IIT JAM 2019 at JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System) at jam.iitkgp.ac.in. Direct link to apply and login are given below. Applicants should check eligibility requirement and then submit JAM application form. Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) leads to admission to 2 yr M.Sc, joint M.Sch-PhD, M.Sc-PhD dual degree, integrated PhD programs at IITs and IISc. Get here complete details of IIT JAM 2019 Application Form such as how to apply, login, JOAPS, fees.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
Aspirants should fill and submit JAM 2019 Application Form as per schedule only. Thus, first note all important dates for IIT JAM 2019 Application Form from table below.
|IIT JAM 2019||Important Dates|
|Commencement Of IIT JAM 2019 Application Form||05 Sep 2018|
|Last Date For Submitting IIT JAM Application Form 2019|
|Admit Card Download||04 Jan 2019|
|Exam Date||10 Feb 2019|
Other dates such as to check IIT JAM 2019 application form status, correction shall be as per announcements of IIT Kharagpur. Candidates can check official pages frequently for their updates.
Apply Here: Click here to fill IIT JAM 2019 Application Form.
Login: Click here to access JAM 2019 Login.
Candidates are advised to make form entries themselves. Do not ask a third person to apply on your behalf. Read on to know all details required for form filling and about exam.
IIT JAM Application Fee 2019
IIT JAM Application Fee 2019 is that amount which a candidate must pay to apply for exam. It is variable for gender and category. Exact fee amount is as follows.
|Category||To Apply For 1 Paper||To Apply For 2 Papers|
|Female (all categories) / SC / ST / PWD||Rs 750||Rs 1050|
|General and OBC||Rs 1500||Rs 2100|
Candidates have to pay above fee amount, as per their gender and category, in online mode. IIT JAM 2019 Application Form has integrated payment gateway that is safe and secure.
Before paying application fee, candidates should review details filled in JAM Application Form by clicking on “Save and Preview” option. It is important to ensure that there are no errors in form and also that all uploaded documents are appropriate. If by chance there is any error in application form of JAM 2019 then they can go back to do correction. Only after ensuring all is fine, “proceed for payment” button should be clicked.
How To Pay Fee for IIT JAM 2019 Application Form?
- When applicant reaches fee payment stage in online form, it automatically directs to payment gateway.
- Here, one has to either login to net-banking account or enter credit/debit card details and make fee payment. It is important to realize that fee payment should be done before last date.
- After making payment, IIT JAM 2019 application form redirects to JOAPS where fee payment confirmation displays.
Those who select 1 paper, will see option to select another paper. If they wish to do so, then they have to pay additional fees. More on that later.
If there is difficulty in paying fee online due to reasons like net connection or power failure, and candidate is unsure whether fee is paid of or not, then candidates should login to JOAPS after 1 hour and check fee payment status. If fee payment status is “Fee pending / Not paid”, then new payment has to be done. In the event that fee amount was debited from amount, then it is refunded within 7 working days.
Details To Fill In IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
A lot of data has to be entered in application form. A list of them is given below. Candidates are advised to keep details handy before venturing to fill the online form.
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Name of parents
- Mobile number of parents
- College name and address
- Eligibility degree
- Examination cities – You can choose 3 cities in order of preference.
- Upload documents – photograph, signature, certificates.
IIT JAM Application Form Photograph And Signature Specifications
It is important to adhere to guidelines for photograph and signature for IIT JAM 2019 Application Form. In the first place, one can upload them only if they are as per size guidelines. On the other hand, if descriptive guidelines do not match, then even if these images get uploaded, they will get rejected. So carefully note details here.
- Size: Passport size photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) of face of candidate is required.
- Color: It should be in color.
- Date: It should be taken on or after 01 Aug 2018.
- Taken by: Photograph should be taken in a professional studio. It should be of good quality.
- Maximum size: 480 x 640 pixels.
- Minimum size: 240 x 320 pixels.
- File size: 5-200 kb.
- Background: White or very light color.
- Face in photo: At least 50% of photo should be face. It should match with appearance on day of exam.
- Visibility: Main features of candidate should not be covered by hair, cloth, shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose, chin should be clearly visible.
- Spectacles: Candidate should be wearing spectacles in photo only if he/she normally wears it. it should not be dark with tinted glasses.
- Size: Draw a box of size 2 cm (height) x 7 cm (width). Use a black or dark blue ink pen to sign within this box.
- Type: Signature should not be in all CAPITAL LETTERS, initials.
- Cropping: Scan the signature using a professional scanner. Crop image along the border of box.
- Format: Image should be JPEG.
- Maximum size: 160 x 560 pixels.
- Minimum size: 80 x 280 pixels.
- File size: 5-100 kb.
Take a look at acceptable and unacceptable photographs and signature below.
How to fill JAM 2019 Application Form?
Step 1: Register online
- Click on link for IIT JAM 2019 Application Form above on this page.
- Next, register online by entering following details – First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Email Id, Mobile Number, Password.
- Then click “Submit” button.
- Once you complete registration, then check email and SMS for login credentials.
Step 2: Login
- Go to JOAPS and login with Enrolment ID/ Email ID and Password.
Step 3: Fill in Details in JAM 2019 Application Form
- Click on “Edit Application Form” button.
- Now you need to fill various information in application form.
- Select the number of test paper(s) you want to appear in JAM 2019.
- Choose the paper you wish to appear in JAM 2019 from the drop-down menu.
- Give at least three (03) preferences for the choice of Examination City.
- Date of Birth
- Name of the Parent/ Guardian
- Mobile number of the Parent/ Guardian
- PWD status
- Learning disabled Candidate status
- Address of the candidate
- City/ Town
- State/ UT
- Pin Code
- Select an ID proof
- ID proof Number
- Choose a Qualifying Degree
- Enter the discipline of the degree
- Year of Passing
- Address of College/ University
- Name of the College/ University
- City/ Town
- State/ Union Territory
- PIN Code
Step 4: Upload Documents
- Upload following documents as per specifications – scanned image of photograph and signature.
- Then, tick declaration.
JAM Online ￼Application Processing System (JOAPS) 2019 is one stop for all matters related to JAM 2019. Here candidates can fill online application form, check status, edit form, download admit card, check result. It is important to keep enrolment ID and password safely until end of admission process in order to access JOAPS / IIT JAM 2019 Login at all times. Official website link for JOAPS is jam.iitkgp.ac.in.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form Correction – Add Paper, Change Category/Gender
Candidates can change JAM papers, category, and gender, in application form. Additional fee payment is necessary to do that.
Additional fee to change papers
Those who wish to change number of papers must pay following fee amount in online mode.
|Female (All categories) / SC / ST / PWD||1 paper||1 paper||Rs 750||1 paper||Rs 300|
|2 papers||any 1 paper||Rs 300||–||–|
|both papers||Rs 1050||–||–|
|Others||1 paper||1 paper||Rs 1500||1 paper||Rs 600|
|2 papers||any 1 paper||Rs 600||–||–|
|both papers||Rs 2100||–||–|
Additional fee to change category, gender
Changes in category and gender are allowed on payment of requisite fee.
|Female (All categories) / SC / ST / PWD [Group 1]||Within group 1||1 or 2 papers||0|
|To group 2||1 paper||Rs 750|
|2 papers||Rs 1050|
|Others [Group 2]||To group 1||1 or 2 papers||0|
In this case, candidates have to pay fee via DD in favor of “JAM 2019” and send it with a request letter to The Chairperson, JAM-2019, GATE-JAM Office, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur-721302, in such a way that it reaches by October 30, 2018.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form Status
Organizing institute verifies and scrutinizes IIT JAM 2019 Application Form to verify correctness of data. It also checks that photograph is clear, signature is appropriate, and supporting documents are in place. Only when everything is fine, form is accepted. Any defect in form, or otherwise status, is intimated to applicant through email and SMS. Final status is updated to JOAPS. Status can be checked through JOAPS 2019 Candidate Login at any time. It is responsibility of applicant to check and correct defects in form.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form FAQs
Frequently asked questions related to IIT JAM 2019 Application Form, and their answers are given here. Candidates can check them out to solve their queries on form filling.
Qs. Can I use same email ID to fill multiple forms?
Ans. No. In the first place you should not fill multiple forms as every candidate should submit only form. Secondly you should use one email ID for one form.
Qs. How many JAM papers can I apply for?
Ans. You can apply for either 1 or 2 papers. If you are applying for 2 papers then check that they do not fall in same session.
Qs. How many exam cities can I choose?
Ans. You can choose 3 exam cities.
Qs. Do OBC candidates also have to upload certificate in IIT JAM 2019 Application Form?
Ans. No. During form filling, candidates only have to upload documents to claim fee concession. Since there is no fee concession for OBC-NCL, therefore they need not upload certificate.
Qs. What should I do if money has been debited from my account more than once for JAM Application Form 2019?
Ans. If excess / unaccounted money has been debited, then it will be automatically credited to account in some time.
Qs. What should I do if JOAPS shows fee not paid even though money has been debited?
Ans. This may happen if there is error in internet transaction. Login to JOAPS after 1 hour and see status. If still fee shows not paid then make fresh payment even before waiting for fee to be credited back, so that your form is submitted on time. Any excess amount will be credited back into your account in time.
Qs. Do I have to send hard copy of IIT JAM Application Form 2019?
Ans. No you do not need to send hard copy of IIT JAM 2019 Application Form. However, keep a copy safely for reference purpose.