IIT JEE Advanced 2015 Eligibility Criteria – Engineering aspirants must be eligible to appear in JEE Main and then additionally fulfill the eligibility criteria of IIT JEE Advanced 2015. Only those who satisfy all the conditions laid down by IITs for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-ADV) will be eligible for the IIT JEE ADV 2015. Before filling the application form, candidates must check the details of eligibility. This includes age criteria, educational qualifications, and other information. Know here the complete details of IIT JEE Advanced 2015 eligibility criteria.
Key points of IIT JEE Advanced 2015 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate should have completed class 12.
- Candidate should not have taken admission in IITs or ISM Dhanbad previously.
- This should be the first or second consecutive attempt only. If the candidate has appeared in IIT JEE Advanced in the year 2013 or previously, he / she will not be eligible for the 2015 admission session.
- All eligibility criteria points for JEE Main are applicable. Unless the candidate is eligible for Joint Entrance Examination (Main), he / she cannot proceed for stage 2 of the examination that is JEE-ADV.
- Candidate should be in the top 20 percentile in board. Click Here to know Top 20 percentile cut off for all boards.
- Also, in JEE Main, he / she should be in the top 1,50,000 in the merit list.
Latest update regarding eligibility criteria of IIT JEE Advanced 2015.
In a meeting of the standing committee, the IIT Joint Admission Board (JAB) has demanded relaxation in the eligibility criteria. The present percentile formula, that student should be among top 20 percentile in board, is recommended by the IIT JAB to be discarded with. Alternately, it has been proposed that candidate who is not among top 20 percentile, but has got more that 75% be allowed to be eligible for the IIT JEE Advanced 2015. This could prove to be more efficient in creating a level playing field for all IIT aspirants.
As suggested by IIT JAB, the eligibility criteria could be modified to “Candidates who are in top 20 percentile of their respective boards OR should have scored more than 75%”.
Reason behind the suggestion, has been the observation regarding students of certain boards missing out on the opportunity to get admission in IITs. Last year, several students of Andhra Pradesh could not appear in the top 20 percentile despite scoring more than 90%. This stems from the fact that some boards like the AP board tend to have a larger number of students in the 92% plus range. Owing to a more generous marking scheme, a visibly bigger number of students score high marks in certain boards.
Will the IIT JEE Advanced 2015 eligibility criteria be different from past year’s?
The final decision regarding the eligibility criteria of IIT JEE Advanced 2015 will be published in the information brochure. The information bulletin of IIT JEE ADV 2015 will be published by September 30, 2014. Keep checking this page for more information regarding IIT JEE ADV eligibility criteria.
If you have any queries regarding IIT JEE Advanced 2015, please ask in comments below.