IIT Jodhpur M.Sc. Admission 2018 – IIT Jodhpur has released notification for admission to M.Sc. programmes for the semester commencing from July 2018. Admissions will be based on the all-India level Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM) conducted by IITs. Candidates can read all the necessary details regarding IIT Jodhpur M.Sc. Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee etc. on this page.
IIT Jodhpur M.Sc. Admission 2018
IIT Jodhpur offers admission to the M.Sc. programmes for the academic year 2018-19.The aim of the M.Sc. The program is to develop graduates having good knowledge and research training in emerging areas of sciences. IIT Jodhpur has organized Master’s Program in domains of following three departments of the Institute, namely
- M. Sc in Physics
- M. Sc in Chemistry
- M. Sc in Mathematics
Schedule for IIT Jodhpur M.Sc. Admission 2018 is given here.
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM starts||05 Sep 2017|
|Last date for submission of Application Form for JAM||17 Oct 2017|
|IIT M.Sc Admission|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category along with valid documents||17 Apr 2018|
Admissions to M.Sc Programs are made once a year (in July) through the all-India level Joint Admission Test for Masters (JAM) conducted by IITs. The eligibility criteria prescribed below are the absolute minimum. However, the procedures and other requirements for admission are specified in the JAM Information Brochure brought out every year.
For M.Sc. (Chemistry)
- Bachelor’s degree with Chemistry as a subject for three years or six semesters and Mathematics at (10+2) level.
For M.Sc. (Mathematics)
- Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for three years or six semesters and Mathematics at (10+2) level.
For M.Sc. (Physics)
- Bachelor’s degree with Physics as a subject for three years or six semesters and Mathematics at (10+2) level.
For all the above M.Sc. Programs, a first class in the qualifying degree and a valid JAM Score are required; and the First Class is defined as:
- A minimum of 55% marks for GEN/OBC (50% for SC/ST) category in aggregate or as specified by the university/institute, OR
- A minimum CGPA of 6 for GEN/OBC (5.5 for SC/ST) category on the scale of 10; with corresponding proportional requirements when the scales are other than on 10 (for example 5.2 for GEN/OBC category (4.8 for SC/ST) on a scale of 8) OR (iii) A first class as specified by the university/institute.
The norms of reservation for different categories shall be adopted as laid down by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Change of Program
Students shall pursue the respective M.Sc Program allocated to them at the time of admission. No change of program is permitted after that.
Official website: www.iitj.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.