|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
IIT Kanpur Cognitive Science Joint Entrance Test 2018 will be conducted by the University of Allahabad on February 17, 2018. The application process started on December 27, 2018, and will end by January 29, 2018. COGJET 2018 is a joint entrance test for admission to post-graduate programs in Cognitive Science at IIT Kanpur and Centre of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences (CBCS), University of Allahabad. It is expected that this test will be held every year and there is a possibility that other cognitive science programs in the country may participate in the joint entrance test in future. The post-graduate programs which will use COGJET-2018 scores for admission in 2018 are:
- IIT Kanpur: MS (2 years and 3 years) and Ph.D.
- CBCS, Allahabad: M.Sc.
IIT Kanpur Cognitive Science Joint Entrance Test (COGJET) 2018
IIT Kanpur and Centre of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences (CBCS), University of Allahabad will be conducting the COGJET 2018. Students interested to take admission in MS (2 years and 3 years) and Ph.D. or M.Sc from CBCS can start applying online. Given below are the detailed information about the exam schedule, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card and result.
|Starting Date of submitting online application||27 Dec 2017|
|Last Date for submitting application||29 Jan 2018|
|Entrance Test||17 Feb 2018 (10 am to 12 pm) and (2 pm to 4 pm)|
|Admit Card||08 Feb 2018|
|Result||Will be announced|
Official website: www.cbcs.ac.in
COGJET 2018 Application form
Cognitive Science Joint Entrance Test application forms are now available online. Students interested to take admission in MS (2 years and 3 years) and Ph.D. or M.Sc from CBCS can start the application process considering the last date is January 29, 2018. It is suggested that the students must go through the complete article to understand the various aspects of the entrance exam. It is explained below in detail as of what is the application process and how to apply for the entrance examination.
- Register on the website then use the login ID, the password you created to log in.
- Fill the application form it has 5 sections then submit.
- Upload necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee using the payment gateway.
- Check all details and submit your application.
- Fill up the application within 60 minutes, which is the time limit for one session. If there is a session out, then the system will not generate a unique reference number on submission, which implies your application is not saved.
- General Category- Rs.750
- SC/ST, OBC (Non-creamy layer), female, PwD- Rs.500
- Students must note that the test fee is non-refundable.
How to apply for COGJET 2018
Step 1: You can apply only after registering on the website. Follow guidelines for login ID, password as given while registering. Provide a valid email id as the user id and password confirmation will be sent to the applicant by E-mail intimation.
- Your name, date of birth, parent’s full name should exactly match documents that you will provide as proof. This verification will happen only if you are admitted.
- Properly fill in the fields for Category, Nationality, Person with Disability (PwD) and Marital status.
- Fill in contact details: address, email address, mobile and landline numbers. Ensure that email, and mobile/landline numbers are valid. All communication with candidates will be through email or mobile/ landline.
- Complete the qualifying examination and other degree details. Note that eligibility to write the COGJET test does not automatically imply that you qualify for admission to the participating institutes. COGJET is necessary but not sufficient for admission.
- Check qualification criteria for admission on individual websites of participating institutes.
- Fill 4 distinct options for test venues. Based on the number of candidates at each venue, some venues may be canceled. Candidates may be allotted venues that are not on their choice list.
Step 3: Upload the following-
- Scanned good quality, recent color photograph (jpg/png format, max size 40KB)
- Scanned signature (jpg/png format, max size 40KB)
- Other documents that may apply in your case (pdf format, 600KB).
Step 4: Pay the applicable test fee using the payment gateway. The test fee is non-refundable.
Step 5: Check your data and submit the online application. When you log in again you will see your application status in ‘Applied’ category.
COGJET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the Cognitive Science Joint Entrance Test 2018 students have to fulfill certain age and qualification eligibility criteria. Students are advised to check the official website of the institute to know the other aspects of the eligibility required of them. The minimum qualification required to fill the application form is that you must have graduated or be in the final year (and should graduate by July 2018) of a 3-year or 4 or more years Bachelor’s degree program of a recognized academic institution.
COGJET 2018 Admit Card
The Admit card for the COGJET 2018 will be available on the official website of the test conducting Institutes by February 08, 2018. Students will be able to download the admit card after the mentioned date. the admit card can be downloaded by providing the correct registration number and password generated at the time of registration process. If you forget your password then click the link “Forgot Password”, and answer the security question to change your old password. The admit card will contain the details about the student and the venue allocated. It is suggested that the students must check the details mentioned on the admit card before taking a print out of the same.
COGJET 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The exam pattern and syllabus of a test help the students to plan their exam strategy in advance. Given below are the detailed information on the exam pattern and syllabus for Cognitive Science Joint Entrance Test 2018.
Exam Pattern- The test is divided into two parts. Part I is a multiple choice aptitude test. Part II has two sections:
- Elementary maths and basics of computation
- Elementary psychology and basics of hypothesis testing.
- All candidates must answer both parts.
For each candidate, separate percentile scores will be reported for Part I and each section in Part II. The policies used by each institute for shortlisting or admitting candidates will be announced on the websites of each institution participating in COGJET-2018.
Test venues (tentative): New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Gandhinagar, Jaipur, Kanpur, Allahabad.
Syllabus and Reading List- Part I questions will be approximately at the same level as the CAT (Common Admission Test) for admission to management programs. The syllabus and reading list for each section in Part II are given below. The resources in the suggested reading lists contain much more material than required by the syllabus. Study only the relevant parts.
Elementary mathematics and basics of computation:
- Basics of sets, relations, recurrences, simple combinatorial problems.
- Matrices and basic matrix algebra.
- Calculus: limits, extrema, simple differentiation and integration, integration as the area under the curve.
- Elementary probability theory, conditional probability, Bayes theorem, random variables, simple discrete and continuous distributions, expectation, mean, variance, median, percentiles.
- Elementary Boolean algebra, number representation, and conversion.
- Programming: variables, types, declarations, assignment, conditionals, iteration, recursion, functions. (Familiarity with programming and pseudo code is needed but specific programming language questions will not be asked.)
- Elementary data structures (arrays).
- Basic algorithms like searching, sorting, HCF, LCM, prime finding, similar number based algorithms.
- TH Cormen, CE Leiserson, RL Rivest, C Stein, Introduction to Algorithms, 3rd Ed., MIT Press, 2009. (Indian edition is available).
- C Hamacher, S Vrosenic, S Zaky, Computer Organization, 5th Ed. McGraw Hill 2011. (Indian edition is available)
Elementary psychology and basics of hypothesis testing:
- Basic neuroanatomy. The physical layout of the brain, names of important components and their functions, e.g. cortex, cerebellum, brainstem etc.
- What is a neuron? Structure, components, action potentials, synapses etc.
- What is the nervous system? Nerves, receptors, connectivity, speed, structure etc.
- Psychophysics: absolute and difference thresholds, Weber’s law, Fechner’s Law.
- Learning: Associative and non-associative learning, Pavlovian conditioning, Hebbian learning.
- Memory: a modal model of memory, working memory, phonological loop, visuospatial sketchpad, central executive), types of memory (explicit, implicit), memory inhibition effects, e.g. blocking, interference etc. Long-term memory: encoding, retrieval, forgetting.
- Visual perception: basics of color, depth and motion perception, perceptual constancy, and principles of perceptual organization.
- Basics of hypothesis testing (e.g. t-test, chi-square, ANOVA), significance, p-value, error types, power and also the side effects.
- Clifford Morgan, Richard King (2017) Introduction to Psychology. 7th Edition. McGraw Hill.
- Stangor (2010). MIT â€“ Introduction to Psychology (Open Source â€“ free to download on the internet)
- David G. Myers. 2017. Psychology. Macmillan Indian Edition.
- Cohen, B.H. (2014) Explaining Psychological Statistics. 4th Ed. John Wiley and Sons.
- Mangal, S.K. (2004) Statistics in Psychology and Education. 2nd Ed. Prentice Hall India.
COGJET 2018 Result
It is mandatory to attempt both the sections of the question paper to be considered for the checking. The result will be available only on the official website of the exam conducting Institutes. Students will be able to see their result by providing the correct registration number and password generated at the time of registration process. Download the result, take a print out and keep it safe for the further admission process.