IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021 – Application form has been available at the official website, iitk.ac.in. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur the Department of Industrial & Management Engineering offers a 21-month full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. In the extraordinary situation due to COVID 19 pandemic, IIT Kanpur will not conduct the GD and Interview Process for the MBA programme. Candidates can be shortlisted will be evaluated based on their sectional CAT Percentile scores, academic background, and work experience for the MBA Admission 2021. Candidates can check more details for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021, from the page given below.
Latest: Application form has been available now. Scroll down to Apply.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021
Specializations offered in MBA include sectorial areas of Manufacturing Management and Service Management besides the functional areas of Operations, Systems, Marketing, Finance and Human Resource Management. The coursework includes compulsory and elective courses along with a capstone project in the area of participant’s interest. Eligible Candidates who wish to take admission in IIT Kanpur have to apply online only.
Schedule for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021 is given below.
|CAT Result Declaration||02 Jan 2021|
|Commencement of Online Application Process||04 Jan 2021|
|Last date for submission of online application form||31 Jan 2021|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates||12 Feb 2021|
|Result Announcement||30 Apr 2021|
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021 Application Form
Eligible applicants can fill the application form at the official website, iitk.ac.in for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021. Candidates should ensure eligibility criteria before filling the application and must read the all-important instruction. Also, the candidate should fill the details carefully as if any error occurs after the submission of Application Form it will be difficult to rectify it. Applicants can fill the form with the help of the link provided below.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the Application form for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021.
Application Fees: The Fee Structure for the IIT Kanpur Admission program 2021-
- General and OBC (NCL) Category- Rs. 1600/-
- EWS/SC/ST/DAP (Differently Abled Person) Category- Rs. 800/-
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants check the eligibility criteria for applying to the IIT Kanpur MBA 2021 program are mentioned below:
To apply for the academic session of 2021-22, an applicant must appear for the CAT 2021 examination conducted by IIMs.t
For GN and OBC applicants
- An overall CAT 2020 score of 85 percentile and above.
- 65% and above in Class X and Class XII examinations.
- B. Tech. or B.E. or B. Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class XII), or four year degree program leading to B. Sc. Engineering (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or four year degree program leading to Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Science (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Arts in Economics (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program) with aggregate of 65% or a CPI of 6.5 on a scale of 10 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs.
For SC and ST applicants
- An overall CAT 2020 score of 75 percentile and above.
- 55% and above in Class X and Class XII examinations.
- B. Tech. or B.E. or B. Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class XII), or four year degree program leading to B. Sc. Engineering (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or four year degree program leading to Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Science (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Arts in Economics (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program) with aggregate of 55% or a CPI of 5.5 on a scale of 10 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs.
Candidates appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally. They have to complete all the requirements of the qualifying degree at the time of joining the course.
IIT Kanpur MBA 2020 Admission Process
The Admission process for the M.B.A Program IIT Kanpur involved the following steps:
Step 1: Apply through the online form, if you meet the eligibility criteria
Step 2: Shortlisting of the applicants on the basis of forms
Step 3: Given the circumstances arising out of COVID-19 pandemic, IIT Kanpur would not be conducting a GD and interview process for the shortlisted candidates. Instead, the shortlisted candidates would be evaluated on the basis of their CAT Percentile Scores, Academic Background and Work Experience.
Step 4: Merit List Preparation
- Applicants belonging to different categories (GN, OBC, SC, ST, (PH)) will separately merit listed. the cut-offs for different categories will be decided by the committee for M.B.A. admissions of the IME department of IIT Kanpur. The approved norms on reservation (OBC: 27%, SC: 15%, ST: 7.5% and PH 3% horizontal across GN, SC, ST and OBC) will be observed.
- For each category, a final merit list and a waitlist will be prepared.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021 Shortlisted Candidates
Shortlisted candidates list will be released as per schedule at the official website. Candidates should note that there is a separate list of candidates based on CAT 2020 Result and one after the candidate have filled the Application Form. Candidates can log in by entering their user name and password to access it and the direct link will be also provided here.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021 Result
IIT Kanpur will announce the result of MBA Programmes for the academic year 2021-22 after the examination. The result will be declared in the form of Final Merit List which will be declared after the successful conduction of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Candidate should also note that for each category a final merit list and a waitlist will be prepared. Candidates will have to log in with registered user id and password to access the result.
About Department of Industrial and Management Engineering
Department of Industrial and Management Engineering (IME) conducts various programmes namely Ph.D., M.Tech. and M.B.A. under IIT Kanpur. The curriculum at the department comprises state-of-the-art techniques to plan, design, implement and manage integrated systems of people, material, capital, information, and technology. The MBA program was started in 2001, keeping in mind the growing need for managers with a strong technical background. Admission is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) followed by personal interview and group discussion.
The Ph.D. program is widely regarded as one of the best programs in management research in India. Candidates with master’s degrees from diverse academic backgrounds go through a rigorous selection process to gain admission to the Ph.D. The M.Tech. program is the earliest program offered by the department. It provides a perfect blend of coursework in industrial engineering and management sciences. Admission is selective, a high GATE score being a prerequisite.
Official Website: iitk .ac.in
For more details regarding IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2021, candidate can Download Information Brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans: There are 78 seats in the program. The reservation of seats is in accordance with the central government rules.
Ans: You have to appear for the next round which will include Group Discussion & Personal Interview. GD & PI will be held in IME building, IIT Kanpur.
Ans: You can contact IME office.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.