IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020: The selected candidate list and a waiting list of the candidates have been released. You can check it from below. At the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur the Department of Industrial & Management Engineering offers a 21-month full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. The 21-month full-time program spreads over four semesters and a summer term. The IIT Kanpur Admissions 2020 application form is available online after the declaration of CAT 2020 Result. Candidates can check their Eligibility, Application Procedure, Selection Procedure & other important Information from the page given below.
Latest: IIT Kanpur has released the selected candidate list and waiting list of the candidates. Scroll down to check.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020
Specializations offered in MBA include sectorial areas of Manufacturing Management and Service Management besides the functional areas of Operations, Systems, Marketing, Finance and Human Resource Management. The coursework includes compulsory and elective courses along with a capstone project in the area of participant’s interest. Eligible Candidates who wish to take admission in IIT Kanpur have to apply online only.
Schedule for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 is given below.
|CAT Result Declaration||04 Jan 2020|
|Commencement of Online Application Process||05 Jan 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application form||31 Jan 2020|
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview||Announced|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|Declaration of Results and List of Selected Candidate|
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Shortlisted Candidates
Candidate should note that there are a separate list of candidates based on CAT 2019 Result and one after the candidate have filled the Application Form. Candidates can log in by entering their user name and password to access it. A link is also provided here on this page with the help of which the candidate will be able to check the IIM Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Shortlisted Candidates.
- Click here to download IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Selected Candidate List.
- Click here to download IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Waiting List of Candidates.
- Click here to check IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Shortlisted Candidates for GD and PI.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Application Form
The candidates those who are interested in applying for IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 and fulfill the stated eligibility criteria are required to apply the application form online after the result for CAT 2019 has been released. Also candidate should fill the details carefully as if any error occur after the submission of Application Form it will be difficult to rectify it. Candidate can fill the form with the help of link provided below.
Application Process Over!!
Application Fees: The Fee Structure for the IIT Kanpur Admission program 2020 for-
- General and OBC (NCL) Category- Rs. 1600/-
- EWS/SC/ST/DAP(Differently Abled Person) Category- Rs. 800/-
How to apply
Candidates who fulfill the above-stated eligibility criteria can apply to the MBA program at IIT Kanpur by filling up the application form online and make the payment.Candidate can apply to the MBA program only through online application process after CAT results are declared.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for applying to the IIT Kanpur MBA 2020 program are mentioned below:
To apply for the academic session of 2020-2021, an applicant must appear for the CAT 2019 examination conducted by IIMs.
For GN and OBC applicants
- An overall CAT 2019 score of 85 percentile and above.
- 65% and above in Class X and Class XII examinations.
- B. Tech. or B.E. or B. Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class XII), or four year degree program leading to B. Sc. Engineering (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or four year degree program leading to Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Science (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Arts in Economics (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program) with aggregate of 65% or a CPI of 6.5 on a scale of 10 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs.
For SC and ST applicants
- An overall CAT 2019 score of 75 percentile and above.
- 55% and above in Class X and Class XII examinations.
- B. Tech. or B.E. or B. Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class XII), or four year degree program leading to B. Sc. Engineering (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or four year degree program leading to Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Science (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Arts in Economics (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program) with aggregate of 55% or a CPI of 5.5 on a scale of 10 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs.
Candidates appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally. They have to complete all the requirements of the qualifying degree at the time of joining the course.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Admit Card
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur releases the call letter for shortlisted candidates of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Admit Card will be genrated only after the canddiate have successfully filled the Application Form. Candidates can check the call letter from the official website or through the direct which will be provided below.
IIT Kanpur MBA 2020 Admission Process
The Admission process for the M.B.A Program IIT Kanpur involved the following steps:
Step 1: Apply online if the applicant is meeting the Eligibility Criteria.
Step 2: Shortlisting of the Candidates on the basis of form.
Step 3: Group Discussion And Personal Interview.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be conducted for all the shortlisted applicants. Cut-off marks would be different for each category.
- A committee-in-charge for M.B.A. admissions will conduct the personal interview to evaluate the suitability of the candidate for the program based on the academic background of the applicant, his/her general academic proficiency, etc.
Step 4: Merit List Preparation
- Applicants belonging to different categories (GN, OBC, SC, ST, (PH)) will separately merit listed. the cut-offs for different categories will be decided by the committee for M.B.A. admissions of the IME department of IIT Kanpur. The approved norms on reservation (OBC: 27%, SC: 15%, ST: 7.5% and PH 3% horizontal across GN, SC, ST and OBC) will be observed.
- For each category, a final merit list and a waitlist will be prepared.
IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020 Result
IIT Kanpur will declare the result of MBA Programmes for the academic year 2020-21 after the examination. Result will be declared in the form of Final Merit List which will be declared after the successful conduction of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Candidate should also note that for each category a final merit list and a wait list will be prepared. Candidates will have to log in with registered user id and password to access the result.
About Department of Industrial and Management Engineering
Department of Industrial and Management Engineering (IME) conducts various programmes namely Ph.D., M.Tech. and M.B.A. under IIT Kanpur. The curriculum at the department comprises state-of-the-art techniques to plan, design, implement and manage integrated systems of people, material, capital, information, and technology. The MBA program was started in 2001, keeping in mind the growing need for managers with a strong technical background. Admission is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) followed by personal interview and group discussion.
The Ph.D. program is widely regarded as one of the best programs in management research in India. Candidates with master’s degrees from diverse academic backgrounds go through a rigorous selection process to gain admission to the Ph.D. The M.Tech. program is the earliest program offered by the department. It provides a perfect blend of coursework in industrial engineering and management sciences. Admission is selective, a high GATE score being a prerequisite.
Official Website: iitk .ac.in
For more details regarding IIT Kanpur MBA Admission 2020, candidate can Download Information Brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How many seats are there M.B.A. course?
A. There are 78 seats in the program. The reservation of seats is in accordance with the central government rules.
Q. What is the selection procedure after I get a call letter from IME department?
A. You have to appear for the next round which will include Group Discussion & Personal Interview. GD & PI will be held in IME building, IIT Kanpur.
Q. I have not received any confirmation for my draft submission which I have sent by post. What should I do?
A. You can contact IME office.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.