Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi has issued a notification stating the information about IIT Mandi M.Sc Admission for admission to M.Sc. degree program in Chemistry in the School of Basic Sciences for the academic session 2017-2018. The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in written exam followed by an interview. Read all the information about IIT Mandi M.Sc Admission 2017, Application Form, Admit Card etc. here on this page.
IIT Mandi M.Sc Admission 2017
IIT Mandi M.Sc. Admission will be commenced for the academic session starting from Aug 2017 and the desirous candidates can apply for the same. The process of IIT M.Sc Admission 2017 shall take place in accordance with the schedule provided below.
|Last date for submitting online application||11 May 2017|
|Display of Shortlisted candidates||20 May 2017|
|Date of Entrance Exam||—|
|Date of Interview||25 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of Results||03 Jul 2017|
The candidates seeking admission to M.Sc.(Chemistry) course are required to submit the application form through online. The application form is available on the official website of IIT Mandi (www.iitmandi.ac.in). We have provided the direct link to access the online application as given below.
Instruction for Application Form
- The candidate is required to visit the official portal of IIT Mandi (www.iitmandi.ac.in) OR use the direct link given above.
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ for user.
- Enter a valid Email Id and set the password. Click ‘Submit’.
- An activation link shall be sent to your email id. Click on the activation link.
- On the opened webpage, select the ‘Application for M.Sc Chemistry’ tab.
- The Online Application Form will appear. Start filling the application form.
- Enter the Personal Details such as Name, Father’s Name, DoB, Gender, Address etc.
- Fill all the Academic Details for Matriculation, Higher Secondary, Graduation etc.
- Check all the details that you’ve entered and click ‘Submit’.
- Follow the instructions on the next page and finally, complete the application process.
The IIT Mandi has prescribed a number of conditions that all the candidates shall satisfy in order to become eligible for the IIT Mandi M.Sc. Admission 2017. All the candidates are advised to carefully read the eligibility criteria and apply for the admission only if you are eligible for the same. The eligibility criteria as prescribed by IIT Mandi is briefed below.
- B.Sc. with Major in Chemistry /Applied Science.
- Minimum Marks in B.Sc. 55% or CGPA 5.5 (for SC/ST candidates 50% or CGPA 5.0)
Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s program in 2017 can also
apply and if selected can join the program provisionally. At the time of the interview /
counseling they must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating
- by 30th July 2017, s/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required
for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degrees. In case such candidates fail to secure above
mentioned marks, the provisional admission will be terminated with immediate effect.
Special features of this program
- Special award for the best thesis.
- Students will be made familiarized with the sophisticated instruments & will be given hands-on training.
- The program is more of hands-on.
Written test & Interview
All the applicants will have to appear for a written exam which will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi. The exact date of on which the written exam will be held is not notified yet. The complete details of the written examination shall be updated here as soon as it is released officially.
The candidates who will qualify the Written Examination shall be called for the Interview. The Interview will be held as per the schedule. The venue of the interview will be notified later. The candidates are supposed to attested copies of all the necessary documents along with the originals.
The final list of selected candidates after the interview will be published by IIT Mandi after the conclusion of Written Exam/Interview. The final list will consist of the names and roll numbers of the candidates who are recommended for the IIT Mandi M.Sc Admission. The IIT Mandi M.Sc. Result 2017 is to be released online on the official website of IIT Mandi. For the ease of candidates, we will provide the direct link to check the result once it is released officially by the exam authorities.
Shortlisted candidates have to qualify written exam, which will be conducted by IIT Mandi, followed by interview.
In case of any query, the candidates are requested to write to [email protected]