IIT Roorkee Institute offers Bachelor’s Degree, Postgraduate’s Degree programs in Engineering, Applied Science and Architecture. IIT Roorkee institute also offers Ph.D. Admission in two semesters. The Ph.D. Admission is conducted for research work in areas recognized by the Academic Departments/Centres of the Institute. The IIT Roorkee Institute has released the notification for the Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 for Spring semester. Eligible & Interested candidates can read all the necessary details regarding IIT Roorkee Ph.D. (Spring Semester) Admission 2018-2019 such as apply online, eligibility criteria, fee, and selection process on this page.
IIT ROORKEE, Ph.D. (Spring Semester)
IIT Ph.D. Admission 2018-2019 application process has been started as per the schedule for admission to Ph.D. programmes for Spring Semester, candidates who are interested in admission to Ph.D. programmes should fill and submit the application before the last date. Here we mentioned the schedule of IIT Roorkee Admission in Ph.D. Programme.
|Start of filling up of online application form||27 Aug 2018|
|Last date for filling up the online application form||September 17, 2018, up to 04:00 pm|
|Date for written test or Interview||15 Oct 2018 – 3 Nov 2018|
- Click here to check notice for shortlisted candidates for Admission to PhD Programme.
- Click here to download the Proforma for Claim of Travel Expenditure on account of PhD Interview.
- Click here to check detailed programme wise schedule for written test and interview.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Roorkee Admission of the Ph.D. programme
The applicant for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be classified under any one of the following categories which will be decided and recommended by DRC/CRC.
For Regular Candidates:
- Research student/Candidate getting Institute assistantship.
- Research student / Candidate getting financial support from Govt. / Semi Govt. agencies (CSIR, UGC, NET, DBT, ICAR, ICMR, NDF, INSPIRE etc.).
Note: An applicant belonging to the above category should possess the following qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
- Masters degree or equivalent in respective discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded, for the GENERAL (UR) category and qualified national level graduate entrance test: valid GATE/UGC‐NET/CSIR‐NET or equivalent or holding a national level fellowship. The condition for national level graduate admission test is not applicable to sponsored full‐time and part‐time research candidates. Candidates with a postgraduate degree in professional courses can be admitted with institute assistantship.
- The admission eligibility requirements may be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55% marks to SC/ST/PD candidates with Master’s degree or equivalent degree.
Note: Candidates can get Ph.D. Admission in IIT without GATE. The condition of GATE / NET qualification is not mandatory for applicants who interested in IIT Roorkee admission.
- B.Tech. / B.Arch. degree or equivalent in respective discipline from CFTIs with the excellent academic record (with a minimum CGPA of 7.00 on a 10 point scale or 70% marks) with valid GATE.
- Graduates from the IITs having a CGPA score of 8.00 or above (on a scale of 10) would be entitled to the assistantship without having to appear in GATE.
The candidates pursuing master’s programs in Engineering or Architecture from IIT Roorkee having CGPA of at least 8.50 on a 10 point scale (after first year/ completing all courses) shall have a choice of internal lateral entry in to Ph.D. programme after completing all requirements of the first two semesters of first year of the Master’s programme.
Note: Candidates belonging to OBC category must submit a copy of category certificate as per GOI, the format of the same is also available on the Institute website, OBC Non‐creamy layer certificate should have been issued after March 31, 2018, by a competent authority.
For Sponsored Candidate (FullTime and PartTime):
Applicant should be supported by a sponsoring organization.
- Masters degree or equivalent in respective discipline with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded, for the GENERAL (UR) category and 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55% marks to SC/ST/PD candidates.
- Sponsored full-time applicants should have TWO years experience out of which at least one year experience with the sponsoring organization at the time of Ph.D. registration.
- Sponsored part-time applicants should have continuous service with the sponsoring organization for at least two years at the time of Ph. D. registration.
- The organization shall be considered by the Department Research Committee (DRC) / Centre Research Committee (CRC).
Note: NOC shall be required for such candidates
- Such applicants are exempted from the requirement of having GATE/NET, etc.
- Organization / Institution shall not be a degree awarding organization/ institution or shall not be affiliated to any such organization/institution in case of Sponsored Full Time and Part Time category (not applicable for IITR regular employee).
IIT Roorkee has issued an application form for Ph.D. programmes for Spring Semester of the session 2018-19. Candidates can register online and pay the application fee online from only by accessing the website. Fees can be paid online using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Candidates can now apply on the official website of IIT Roorkee or by a direct link which is provided below.
The application process shall be considered complete only when a print out of the filled ONLINE application with the candidate’s signature, and a good quality photo affixed in the appropriate places is sent to the Institute along with necessary documents/testimonials.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online IIT ROORKEE, Ph.D. 2018 for Spring Semester.
- For Gen/OBC candidates: Rs. 200/-
- For SC/ST/PD category candidates: Rs. 100/-
The candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the concerned bank.
How to take admission in Ph.D. in IIT Roorkee
The candidate is required to register and fill the application online on or before the last date from the official website or apply online link given above.
Before applying, candidates are required to keep ready the following documents for uploading. Candidates must follow the following Steps while applying online application form.
Apply for Ph.D. programmes
- Apply online
- Upload documents as mentioned above.
- Finalize Application Form
- Pay online fees
- Pay fee online using option “Proceed for Payment”
Candidates can download the Application form for their own record.
Few things to be kept in mind are:
- The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying Online.
- All entries should be carefully made while applying online. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for wrong entries. Candidates shall be solely responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the information/documents provided in the online application.
- Online application submitted by the candidates shall be considered final and binding. Requests for making a correction in the online application shall not be entertained.
- Online application found incomplete in any form will be summarily rejected. No correspondence/communication will be entertained in this regard.
- The last date for submission of online application shall not be extended. Accordingly, no request shall be entertained for accepting the application after the last date. IIT Roorkee will not be responsible for technical error while making the online application/payment of a fee. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit their application well in advance and not to wait for the last moment.
- Online applications will be scrutinized, relevant documents checked/verified for their authenticity.
- Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats, faculty in the Specialization and the Institute Assistantship. 8. Students shall be governed by ordinance/ regulations in vogue.
- The Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission for the candidate who is found admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the statues and regulations in force.
- Disputes if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the aforesaid shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Roorkee Court.
- Hostel Accommodation will be provided, if available.
Official website: www.iitr.ac.in.
For more detail regarding IIT Roorkee Ph.D. (Spring Semester) Admission 2018-2019, Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.