IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2020 – Indian Institute of Technology Ropar offers admission to M.Tech. program in various disciplines and programs i.e. Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, etc. Candidates who want to apply for the M.Tech programmes at IIT Ropar can look up all the important details like Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Dates and other information from below.
Latest: IIT Ropar has released the list of online application received for M.Tech Admission 2021. Scroll down to check.
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021
Candidates can fill their Application form for IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021 from here and check the schedule below table. All the candidates are required to read the complete article to know about the requirement for admission in M.Tech in IIT Ropar for this session.
|Application Form available from||24 Mar 2021|
|Last Date for applying online||16 Apr 2021|
|Date of reporting & registration||to be announced|
IIT Roper M.Tech Admission 2021 List of Candidates
IIT Ropar has released a list of online applications that it has received for admission to M.Tech Academic Session of 2021-2022. Here is the direct link to check for each engineering field below:
Click here to check List of online applications received till April 16, 2021.
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021 Application Form
Application forms for the IIT Ropar M.Tech admission release on the official website. Offline applications is not accepted. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the Application form for IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must register for the COAP first as a COAP registration number is essential for filling up the application form.
- Now the candidates need to login to apply for M.Tech Admission.
- Candidates will receive a confirmation mail if their registration is successful.
- Candidates can save the password and proceed to fill the Application Form.
- Candidates must upload the prescribed documents while filling the application form.
- For All others categories candidates: Rs.500
- For SC/ST/PWD categories candidates: Rs.250
Mode of payment: SB Collect
Upload the soft copy of following documents during filling the online application form:
- Image file of your recent passport size photograph.
- Persons with Disability (PWD) are required to upload a certificate of disability from the Authorised Medical Board.
- SC/ST certificate
- OBC (Non-creamy layer) Certificate
- Economically Weaker Section Certificate/Income proof
- Complete Grade Cards
- Valid GATE score card
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates qualified in GATE 2019/ GATE 2020/ GATE 2021 and satisfying anyone of the following criteria are eligible for IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021:
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology.
- Candidates should have a master’s degree in science/ computer application or equivalent to that.
- IIT Graduate with a B.Tech degree having a CGPA of 8.0 (7.5 in case of SC/ ST/ PWD).
Specialization and minimum eligibility criteria for individual departments are given below:
- Chemical Engineering: Candidates should have a BE/ B.Tech or M.Sc degree along with a valid GATE score.
- Civil Engineering (Water Resource & Mgmt): Candidates should have a BE/ B.Tech degree in Civil, Environmental, Water Resources, Agricultural Engineering along with valid GATE score.
- Computer Science & Engineering: Candidates should have a B.Tech /B.E/MCA or M.Sc degree along with valid GATE score in Computer Science and Information Technology(CS), Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC), and /or Mathematics.
- Artificial Intelligence: Candidates should have a B.Tech /B.E/MCA degree with valid GATE score in Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Electrical Engineering (Communication and Signal Processing): Candidates should have a B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc degree in the relevant field with valid GATE score. Those candidates who have passed B.Tech from IITs are not required to have a valid GATE score.
- Electrical Engineering (Microelectronics and VLSI Design): Candidates should have a B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with valid GATE Score.
- Electrical Engineering (Power Engineering): Candidates should have a B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc degree in the relevant field with valid GATE score. Those candidates who have passed B.Tech from IITs are not required to have a valid GATE score.
- Mechanical Engineering: Candidates should have a B. Tech./B.E degree in mechanical engineering with a valid GATE score. Those candidates who have passed B.Tech from IITs are not required to have a valid GATE score.
- Biomedical Engineering: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or master’s degree in science with minimum marks of 60% or also have a valid GATE score. A bachelor’s degree in medicine/surgery (MBBS), pharmaceutical sciences (BPharm), veterinary science (BVSc), or dental surgery (BDS), with a minimum marks of 60%.
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the distribution of seats for each discipline from the table given below:
|Programmes||Specialization||Number of Seats|
|M.Tech. (Artificial Intelligence)||–||15|
|M.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering)||–||15|
|M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)||–||11|
|M.Tech. (Civil Engineering)||Water Resources and Environment||15|
|M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)||–||20|
|M.Tech.(Electrical Engineering)||Communication & Signal Processing||15|
|M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||Power Engineering||15|
|M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering)||Microelectronics & VLSI Design||15|
|M.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||Thermal Engineering||15|
|M.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||Mechanics & Design||15|
|M.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering)||Manufacturing Engineering||15|
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021 Selection Procedure
Admission to candidates will be finalized strictly in order of merit as per the GATE score, CGPA & Department Review. The candidates will be offered a seat on the COAP portal. The candidates have to log in to the COAP portal and view the seats offered to them. They have the option to Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject, and Wait for option for making a decision on the seats offered to them. Candidates can complete their COAP registration process from the link given below:
Documents to be carried at the time of reporting for admission:
- Degree completion certificate of their qualifying degree examination
- GATE Score Card
- All the grade sheets of qualifying degree.
- No objection certificate if employed in Govt. Organisation
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021 Fee Structure
Fee structure details of Indian Nationals for the Academic Year 2021-22 is mentioned below. Please note that fee payable at IIT Ropar is subject to change as per the Institute rules.
Official Website: iitrpr.ac.in
For more information about IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2021, Download information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.