Indian Institute of Technology Ropar offers admission to M.Tech. program in the Department of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Center for Biomedical Engineering for the first semester. Candidates wishing to apply for the PG programmes at IIT Ropar can look up all the pertinent details like Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedure, Dates and other information for the IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2020 below.
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2020
Candidates can fill their Application form for IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2020 from here as per the scheduled date. All the candidates are required to read the complete article to know about the requirement for admission in M.Tech in IIT Ropar for this session.
|Application Form available from||Mar 2020|
|Last Date for applying online||Apr 2020|
|Date of reporting & registration||Jul 2020|
Application forms for the IIT Ropar M.Tech admission is available now on the official website. Offline applications will not be accepted. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility. The direct links to apply for various departments have been provided below.
How to Apply?
- Candidates must register for the COAP first as COAP registration number is essential for filling up of the application form.
- Now the candidates need to login to apply for M.Tech Admission.
- They will receive a confirmation mail if their registration is successful.
- They must validate the link sent and enter a password of their choice.
- They can upload a picture if asked but it is not compulsory.
- Candidates can save the password and proceed to fill the Application Form.
- For GEN/OBC/EWS category candidates: Rs. 200
- For SC/ST/PWD female category candidates: Rs. 100
Mode of payment: SB Collect
Eligibility Criteria & Seat Matrix
Candidates qualified in GATE 2018/GATE 2019/GATE 2020 and satisfying anyone of the following :
- Bachelor‟s degree in Engineering/Technology (B.E/B.Tech.) or in a appropriate area from educational institutions approved by AICTE/Government.
- Master‟s degree in Science/Computer Application or equivalent in the appropriate area.
- IIT Graduate/Graduating from IITs with B.Tech. degree and having CGPA of 8.0 (on a scale of 10) (CGPA of 7.5 for SC/ST/PD candidates) can apply without GATE score.
Specialization, minimum eligibility criteria and seats for individual departments are given below:
Admission to candidates will be finalized strictly in order of merit as per the GATE score, CGPA & Department Review. The candidates will be offered seat on COAP portal. The candidates have to login to COAP portal and view the seats offered to them. They have the option to Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject and Wait option for making decision on the seats offered to them
Seats are reserved for Indian Nationals under the categories, SC/ST/OBC(Non-creamy layer)/PWD (Persons with disabilities)/Economic Weaker Section (EWS) according to the Govt. of India rules.
Other courses offered by IIT Ropar
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Engineering Applications of Rheology
- Chemical Reactor Analysis and Design
- Heterogeneous Catalysis and Catalytic Reactors
- Particulate Products: Design and Processing
- Introduction to Molecular Dynamics
- Modelling of Chemical Engineering Systems
- Statistics for Chemical Engineers
Official Website: www.iitrpr.ac.inf