Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati (IIT Tirupati) is an autonomous engineering and technology education institute located in Tirupati. IIT Tirupati is the first among the 3rd phase of IITs, to have its foundation stone laid in March 2015. The Government of Andhra Pradesh is nurturing Tirupati as knowledge hub of the State. IIT Tirupati offers both UG and PG courses in various fields of engineering. Further it also offers courses in research and Phd. Courses are planned to nurture innovation, creativity, quality, teamwork, communication skills, ethics and societal interaction.
Here on this page you can find information about PG course admission to IIT Tirupati. Application process for candidates who are willing to pursue MTech has been started. The Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Further information regarding IIT Tirupati M.Tech Admission 2018 is provided below.
IIT Tirupati M.Tech Admission 2018
IIT Tirupati offering M. Tech Programme from the Academic Year 2018-19 in the following Departments:
- M. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- M. Tech in Electrical Engineering (Stream: Signal Processing & Communications)
- M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Stream: Design & Manufacturing)
Important dates regarding application process
|Opening date of online application||26 Mar 2018|
|Closing date of online application||25 Apr 2018|
|First Round Announcement Weekly updates||01 May 2018|
|Joining date of candidate||25 Jul 2018|
Application process for admission to IIT Tirupati M.tech has been started. Candidates must assure their eligibilty before applying. Application form is out now and is available on the official website. Also, a direct link to application form is provided below. Candidates who are willing to apply can click on the link below and fill the application form before the closing date.
Apply online: Click here to apply online.
Application fee must be paid online at the time of submitting form. The application fee is non-refundable. The application fee is as follows:
- GN/OBC-NCL Male candidates : Rs.400/-
- GN/OBC-NCL Female candidates : Rs.200/- SC/ST
- PwD candidates : Rs.200/-
Note: A valid OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD Certificate must be uploaded with the ONLINE application and submitted at the time of admission.
Candidates who wish to pursue M.tech must satisfy the following criteria:
For GATE qualified candidates
Candidates qualified in GATE 2016, 2017 or 2018 and satisfying any one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology from Educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree specified in and whose results are likely to be declared by July 15, 2018.
For IIT Graduates
Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree and having CGPA of 8.0 [7.5 for SC/ST (on a scale of 10)] and above can apply without GATE Score. These applications will be reviewed by the respective Department(s).
Upgradation to Ph.D
M.Tech. students will be eligible for upgradation to Ph.D if they satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate should have successfully completed a minimum of 2 semesters in the M.Tech Programme.
- The candidate should have a minimum CGPA of 8.0 in the prescribed courses.
Official website: iittp.ac.in
For more information about IIT Tirupati M.Tech Admission 2018- Download Information brochure here.