Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM), Gwalior Invites applications for admission to IITTM – Punjab Technical University Joint PhD (Tourism) Programme (2018 – 2019).The programme is being offered as an understanding between Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala and Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Gwalior. This document is an effort to outline the process for the convenience of aspirants. However, in case of a doubt/dispute the relevant Ordinances and Regulations of the University shall prevail.
IITTM Gwalior Ph.D Admission 2018
Candidate can check their Eligibility, Application Procedure, Selection Procedure & other important Information from the page given below.
|ApplicationForm end date||27 May 2018|
|List of Shortlisted Candidates to be uploaded on Institute Website||01 Jun 2018|
|Ph.D Written Test / Interview||16 & 17 Jun 2018|
Shortlisted Candidates for Written Test / Interview
Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management (IITTM), Gwalior has released the list of provisionally selected candidates. Candidates can check their names by clicking on the link provided to them below. Selected candidates then need to get ready for the Interview / Written test on the scheduled dates.
Shortlisted Candidates: Click Here to get the list of provisionally shortlisted candidates for Written Test/Interview.
The candidates those who are interested in applying for IITTM Gwalior Ph.D Admission 2018 are required to fill their Application Form online at official website. Link to fill the online application form is also given below for the sake of the candidates. Before filling the application form candidates must ensure his / her eligibility. Application form must be filled on or before its last date.
Application Process is over!
Guidelines for Submission Applicant
- Candidates are required to fill the online Application Form available on the Institute website www.iiitm.ac.in
- Application Fee of Rs. 500 (For Gen/OBC) and Rs 250 (for SC/ST/PH) should be submitted through online payment gateway.
- Candidates MUST specify broad areas of research in the application form.
- Selection will be based on previous academic record and / or performance in written test/interview.
- The syllabus for the written examination is available on the Institute website.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidates.
- Selection of PhD Admission will be based on available Faculty Expertise.
- List of short-listed candidates for written test / interview will be uploaded on institute website . No separate intimation will be sent to the applicants.
- This is only eligible qualification. The shortlisting criteria may be higher depending upon the number of applications.
- The candidates are required to visit institute website regularly to know more about the updates, fee structure/faculty expertise etc.
- Candidate MUST upload scanned copy of the NET/GATE score card along with online application, failing which the candidature may be rejected.
|Ph.D. Programme (in discipline)||Qualification(s)|
|Engineering and Technology
|M.E./M Tech./MS or equivalent in Engineering with first division or equivalent
CGPA in CSE/IT/E&C or equivalent branch of Engineering with BTech./BE /MCA/MSc. with first division or equivalent CGPA in CSE/IT/E&C or equivalent.
Only those candidates will be considered for Ph.D. programme.
|Management||Candidates must possess master degree with first division or equivalent CGPA
in any branch of Engineering or Technology (or)
MBA / Master degree with first division or equivalent CGPA in Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics or Commerce with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor level.
Candidates meeting the above eligibility criteria must also fulfil one of the following additional requirement:
|Applied Sciences||M Sc./ M.Tech in Physics/Applied Physics/Material Science/ Nanotechnology/
Engineering Physics / Electronics / Computational Physics/ Fiber Optics/ Nano
ElectronicsM.Sc. / M.Tech in Mathematics /Applied Mathematics/ Industrial Mathematics/
Statistics / Operations Research/ Engineering Mathematics/ Computational
Mathematics with first division or equivalent CGPA .Candidates meeting the above eligibility criteria must also fulfil one of the following additional requirement:
Indicative list of Broad Areas of Research
Engineering and Technology
Microelectronics/VLSI/Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Image Processing, Robotics, Communication, Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks, Mobile Computing, Grid Computing, Information Security, Soft Computing, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Database/WEB/Multimedia Technologies, Distributed Computing, Analytics.
Operations, Marketing, Finance, Information Systems Management, Human Resource Management / Organization Behavior, Business Economics, e-Governance, Environment Management, Technology Management, Management of Informal Sector, Project Management, Entrepreneurship, International Business, System Dynamics.
Physics/Applied Physics/Material Science/ Nanotechnology/ Computational Physics/ Fiber Optics/ Nano Electronics / Nanoelectronics/ Optoelectronics /Device Modelling/ Engineering Physics / Electronics/ Applied Mathematics / Operations Research/ Engineering Mathematics / Reliability / Applied Statistics / Soft Computing Applications / Optimization / Cryptography / Modeling and Simulation / Mathematical Biology
Assistantship & Accommodation:
- The selected candidates shall be entitled for assistantship as per GoI norms.
- Accommodation is available for the Ph.D. scholars in Boys and Girls hostels.
- The short listed candidates may be required to stay for written test and interview on both days.
- This programme is residential.