A personal interview can be an interesting experience, even if you know what to expect. With tensions rising up, a highly competitive ambient and confusing opinions about this crucial interview process, you might need all the knowledge you find to get and crack this part of the MBA selection process. I can help you here to get a clear understanding of how B-schools accepting CAT scores conduct interviews so that you are fully prepared to face the interviewers.
A personal interview (PI) is one of the major components of the selection process in a B-school and is usually kept for the last. The focus of the interview is quite broad, starting right from your views on life to very specific questions related to life. While some questions may appear based on trivia, you shouldn’t underestimate their importance. On the contrary, Personal Interview is a way to gauge you both as a person and future professional in all dimensions of life.
Some of the questions asked by the panelists (IIM, Ahmedabad)
From Candidate 1: (A 99.97 CAT percentiler having 10th -92.6%, 12th- 89.4% and B. Tech. ECE -78.64%).
- Which events have you organized?
- How does an LCD work?
- How does an LED work?
- Draw a Graph of x3. Find the percent change in volume of a sphere if the radius is increased by 20%.
- What are your hobbies and their practical application?
- Give us examples of technologies in fiction that came true.
- What are 3 major dates in Indian history that shaped its current status?
- What are the various types of sensors?
From Candidate 2:
(A 99.16 CAT percentiler having 10th -93.8%, 12th- 84.6% and B. Tech. CSE -83.8% and 3 years of work experience in teaching).
- What is Newton’s law?
- What is friction and where is it applied?
- How many countries touch India’s border?
- What is the climate of India favorable for growing?
- What’s the geographical location of Mauritius, Fiji and Maldives? 6.What is Sistine Chapel?
- What makes a good teacher?
- What should a teacher focus on?
- How did you work on the weak students?
- Write a program for implementing touch screen feature. 11.Difference between android, apple i-OS and windows mobile OS. 12.What are major distinguishing features of Windows 8?
From Candidate 3: (A 99.58 CAT percentiler with 10th -93.1%, 12th -94.2% and B. Tech. CSE- 92.4% and an interest in acting).
- Can you justify your opinions on religion that you expressed in the essay?
- What is common in different religions?
- Rotate this line on certain angle, what will be the new coordinates?
- What is a novel?
- Which novels have you read?
- What is the capital of Italy?
- Where is it in the map?
- What is the newest country formed in the world?
- It lies in which continent?
- Why don’t you take acting as a career option?
From Candidate 4: (A 87.6 CAT percentiler with 10th -84.8%, 12th -76.4% and B. Sc. Honours in Agriculture– 74%).
- Why MBA-ABM?
- Tell us about your family?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line?
- How will you solve the problem of shortage of seeds to farmers?
- Do you have your own fields?
- What practices are you adopting in your own field?
- What is the square of 154?
- Do you read newspapers?
- What is the current news item you have been following?
- Who is the agricultural minister of India?
- What is the contribution of agriculture to the Indian economy?
From Candidate 5: (A 87.89 CAT percentiler with 10th -91%, 12th -78% and B. Sc. Honours in Agriculture– 69%).
- How is milk processed?
- How India lags in dairy field compared to other developed nations?
- What do you think about food security bill?
- What are current schemes to promote food processing?
- What is the yield per hectare in India?
- What are your plans after doing this course?
- What are the major problems afflicting the Indian agriculture?
- What is the last book you read?
- What did you like about this book?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.