Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University planned to hold common entrance test for admission in the 2020-21 session from April 25 to May 05, 2020. However, as coronavirus puts a pause on the entire nation, GGSIPU has postponed IPU CET 2020. The revised exam dates for the CET are from May 20 to 30, 2020. Other than this, the University has also extended the last date to apply. Now, the candidates can fill and submit the form until April 17, 2020.
A notice, dated March 30, 2020, and with the subject line “Extension of last date of Registration for 2020 Admission in GGSIPU and Postponement of CET 2020” was put up in this regard on the official website, ipu.ac.in. The notice highlights the below major changes:
- Last date to apply for IPU CET has been extended from March 31, 2020, to April 17, 2020
- As of now the new CET 2020 dates are May 20 to 30, 2020
- Admit card for the CETs will be available from May 10, 2020
IPU CET Application Form
To apply for IPU CET 2020 and IPU admission, candidates have to register at ipu.ac.in and create a candidate profile. Then candidates can apply for the course of their choice. The steps to apply include:
- Register at ipu.ac.in in order to generate user ID and password
- Login credentials are sent to the email ID and phone number of the candidates
- Enter the credentials to access the application form.
- In the application form, candidates have to fill eligibility details, personal details, and qualification details.
- Finally, pay the online application fee
- Lastly, candidates have to take a printout of the confirmation page.
Application fee for IPU CET 2020
The application fee for IPU CET 2020 is Rs.1200/- which can be paid via online mode of payment only. The online modes can be anyone of these – Debit card / Credit card / Net banking.
Document to upload in the online application form
Eligible candidates for IPU CET 2020 have to upload the below given documents in the online application form:
- Recent scanned photo.
- Scanned left thumb impression.
- Scanned signature of candidate.
IPU CET 2020
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GSIPU) conducts Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission into its various undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programmes. This year all the CETs are being held as computer based test.
There are a few major changes made in the IPU CET in 2020. They are:
- The number of question have decreased. All CETs shall now have 100 questions
- The total marks have been also decreased. The total marks is 400.
- Now the number of questions will be the same for all the CETs, unlike earlier where the marks and the number of questions varied from one CET to another.
- Also, the time for all the CETs is 2.5 hours, which earlier varied for the CETs.
Timings of IPU CET 2020
There is no notice for change in exam time. The timings that were notified with the admission brochure are as follows:
|First||8:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Second||12:30 pm to 3:00 pm|
|Third||5:00 pm to 7:30 pm|
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is the first university that was established by the Government of Delhi. The university offers courses in various disciplines like engineering, technology, management studies, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, law, etc.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.