IPU CET 2020 – Application form for MCA and B.Arch Programmes is available now. IPU CET for the B.Pharma has been cancelled. New exam date will be announced later. IPU CET 2020 Admit Card is available online at ipu.ac.in. Username and Password is needed to download the IPU CET Admit Card 2020. Revised Counselling Schedule for MBA course has been released. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GSIPU) conducts the Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission into its various undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programs. This year all the CETs are being held as computer-based tests, in 3 shifts. To check all details on IPU CET 2020, like eligibility, how to apply, courses, syllabus of CETs, test pattern, selection process, and more, read below.
- IPU CET has revised the schedule for B.Tech. Check here the complete notice.
- IPU CET has released the cutoff round 3 for MBA Course. Check here!
- IPU CET 2020 Ph.D List of Eligible Candidate for Interview has been released. Click here to check it.
- IPU CET 2020 has released the List of Admitted Students in MBA (Disaster Management) Weekend Programme and Post Graduate Diploma in Fire & Life Safety Audit (Part-Time) Programme. Get Here!
- IPU CET 2020 Ph.D Result and List of Exempted Ph.D candidates has been released. Click here to check it.
- GSIPU has released the notice for International Candidates for admission in various programmes for session 2020-21. Scroll down to check.
- IPU CET 2020 Schedule for Online Verification of Documents for B.Tech Reserved Category Candidate has been released. Click here to check it.
- Revised Second Round Cutoff Rank for MBA Programme (Code 101) for Academic Session 2020-21 has released. Get Here
- Schedule for Open House / Spot Counselling and Document Verification of Candidates applied for MBA (Disaster Management) Weekend Programme and Post Graduate Diploma in Fire and Life Safety Audit has been released. Get Here!
- The round 3 counseling schedule has been released. Get Here!
- Final Merit List for MBA (Disaster Management) and PGD (F&LSA) has been released. Click here to check
- Revised Rank List on the Basis of CAT 2019 for the MBA Programme (Round 02) has released. Get Here.
- GGSIPU Application Form for MCA and B.Arch Programmes is available now. Click here to Apply.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has released the admission criteria for B.Arch. Scroll down to check.
- IPU CET 2020 for B.Pharma CET Code 133 has been cancelled, the new date will be announced later.
- IPU CET 2020 Notice for MCA & MCA (SE) CET Code 105 has been released. Click here to check the notice.
- IPU CET 2020 Exemption to GATE Qualified Candidates Notice has been released. Click here to check the Notice.
- IPU CET 2020 Final Merit List for MBA (Disaster Management) and PGD (F&LSA) has been released. Check Here!
- IPU CET 2020 Admit Card has been released. Click here to download it.
- The Rank list has been released for MBA Round 1 on the basis of CAT 2019. Check Here!
- Revised Schedule of Online Counselling/Admission to be followed after the declaration of Result for MBA (through CAT 2019) has been released, Check Here.
- The cut off has been released for MBA Round 1 Admission in IPU. Get Here!
IPU CET 2020
From 2020, the mode of the CETs has been taken from offline to online mode. The CETs are held for the majority of the courses, however, for a few courses admission shall be based on national level entrance exam scores / qualifying exam scores and no CETs shall be held for them. The list of CETs and important dates for them is given in the table below.
- Availability of application form for IPU CET 2020 (except MBA through CAT):
03 Mar – 31 Jul03 Mar – 11 Aug 2020
- Availability of application form for IPU CET 2020 for MBA through CAT: 03 Mar – 31 May 2020
- Application Form Correction dates for IPU CET 2020 (except MBA through CAT):
01 – 03 Aug12-14 Aug 2020
- Application Form Correction dates for MBA through CAT: 01 – 03 Jun 2020
- IPU CET 2020 Admit Card Release Date:
10 May 202007 Sep 2020
- Exam date of the CETs:
25 Apr – 5 May 20 – 30 May 2020. 28 Aug 2020 – Ph.D. (As per news) | 09 – 14 Sep 2020 – CET
|CET Code and Course||Date of CET|
|139 – M.Tech CS Group||12 Sep 2020|
|140 – M.Tech Electronics Group||12 Sep 2020|
|147 – M.Tech Tool engg||10 Sep 2020|
|148 – M.Tech Bio Tech||10 Sep 2020|
|149 – M.Tech nano science and Technology||11 Sep 2020|
|150 – M.Teh Engg Physics||12 Sep 2020|
|152 – M.Tech Chemical Engg||09 Sep 2020|
|156 – M.Tech robotics and automation||10 Sep 2020|
|101 – MBA, MBA (IB), MBA (FM), MBA (FA)||09 Sep 2020|
|116 – MBA (IT)||09 Sep 2020|
|106 – MA (Mass comm)||13 Sep 2020|
|107 – Master of Physiotherapy||10 Sep 2020|
|108 – Master of Occupation Therapy (Neurology)||10 Sep 2020|
|109 – Master of Prosthetics and Orthotics||10 Sep 2020|
|111 – M.Sc of science (Env. Management)||10 Sep 2020|
|113 – MA English||09 Sep 2020|
|118 – MA Criminology||12 Sep 2020|
|119 – M.Sc Forensic Sciences||09 Sep 2020|
|120 – M.Ed||10 Sep 2020|
|123 – M.Sc Biodiversity and Conservation||11 Sep 2020|
Master in Conservation, Preservation and Heritage Management
Master in Archaeology and Heritage Management
|10 Sep 2020|
|145 – M.Sc (Natural Resource Management)||10 Sep 2020|
|162 – MA Economics||12 Sep 2020|
|163 – MCA LE||12 Sep 2020|
|198 – M.Sc Nursing||09 Sep 2020|
|187 – M.Sc Yoga||13 Sep 2020|
|405 – M.Sc. Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Design||11 Sep 2020|
|175 – Advance Diploma in Child Guidance and Counselling||09 Sep 2020|
|177 – PG Diploma in Security Management||10 Sep 2020|
|178 – PG Diploma in Victimology and Victim Assistance||10 Sep 2020|
|179 – PG Diploma in Cyber Crime and Law||13 Sep 2020|
|128 – B.Tech LE for Diploma holders||12 Sep 2020|
|129 – B.Tech LE for Diploma holders B.Sc. Graduates||10 Sep 2020|
|130 – B.Tech. (Bio-Technology)||09 Sep 2020|
|114 – Bachelor of Computer Applications||11 Sep 2020|
|115 – B.Sc Nursing (Only for Unmarried Female Candidates)||11 Sep 2020|
|122 – B.Ed||10 Sep 2020|
|124 – Paramedical (BPT/BPO/B.Sc (MLT)/BASLP/BOT)||09 Sep 2020|
|125 – BBA & Allied Programmes||14 Sep 2020|
|126 – BA Journalism and Mass comm||13 Sep 2020|
|127 – Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology||12 Sep 2020|
|146 – Bachelor of Commerce (Hons)||11 Sep 2020|
|159 – Bachelor of Education (Special Education)||12 Sep 2020|
|184 – BA English||10 Sep 2020|
|197 – BA Economics||09 Sep 2020|
|117 – B.Sc (Yoga)||12 Sep 2020|
|188 – B.Sc. in Nursing (Post Basic)||10 Sep 2020|
|133 – B. Pharma|
|161 – M.Phil. (English)||13 Sep 2020|
|157 – M.Phil. (Clinical Psychology)||09 Sep 2020|
|199 – M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work)||12 Sep 2020|
|311 – Ph.D Education||28 Aug 2020|
|212 – Ph.D Electronics & Communication||28 Aug 2020|
|251 – Ph.D Environmental Sciences||28 Aug 2020|
|213 – Ph.D Mechanical & Automation Engg||28 Aug 2020|
|282 – Ph.D Chemistry||28 Aug 2020|
|221 – Ph.D Management||28 Aug 2020|
|281 – Ph.D Mathematics||28 Aug 2020|
|291 – Ph.D English||28 Aug 2020|
|231 – Ph.D Chemical Technology||28 Aug 2020|
|241 – Ph.D Biotechnology||28 Aug 2020|
|283 – Ph.D Physics||28 Aug 2020|
|301 – Ph.D (Law and Legal Studies)||28 Aug 2020|
|261 – Ph.D Mass Communication||28 Aug 2020|
|211 – Ph.D-InformationTech./Computer Sc. & Engg./ Computer Applications||28 Aug 2020|
|402 – Ph.D Disaster Management||28 Aug 2020|
|401 – Ph.D Pharmaceutical Chemistry||28 Aug 2020|
- Click here to check and download IPU CET 2020 Notice for Exam Date of Various Courses.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admit Card
- Cut Offs
- Admission Brochure
IPU CET 2020 Result
Result for IPU CET 2020 is declared in an online mode. The result is prepared in the form of merit/rank of each said candidate who appeared for IPU CET 2020. Candidates, in order to check their result, have to give their CET CODE and their roll number on the result page once declared. The result page shows the following details:
- Candidate’s category along with whether the candidate is Delhi or outside Delhi Candidate
- The rank of candidate
This result card is to be printed by the said candidate and saved for the counselling round.
IPU CET 2020 Notice for International Candidates
- Click here to download the above notice.
IPU CET 2020 – B.Arch Admission Criteria Notice
IPU CET 2020 – B. Pharma Exam Cancelled Notice
IPU CET 2020 Admit Card
After the candidates register for their respective CETs, the admit card is issued. The admit card of IPU CET is uploaded online on the website of IPU, ipu.ac.in. The login details like the user ID and password. On the day of the exam, candidates have to carry the printed copy of the admit card and with at least one valid Photo Id proof in original. A valid Id card can be any one of Voter Identity Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Employer ID (Government) issued by government authorities.
On the day of the exam carry the below given things with the admit card of IPU CET 2020
- Photo Id proof
- At least two pens
- 02 recent passport size photographs (In case the admit card downloaded has no photo on it)
- In the case of post marriage change in name, candidates have to bring the original matriculation certificate along with marriage registration certificate / other documentary proof
In case of errors in the admit card candidates have to contact the under mentioned:
In case of grievance with respect to the admit card, candidates have to personally report at the “Facilitation Counter” in the University Campus at Dwarka from 10.00 AM to 02.00 PM with copies of documentary proofs that are:
- Copy of online application form
- certificate, testimonials, etc.
- 2 passport size photographs
- Photo identity card
Scribe facility is also given to the students with more than 40% of disability. The candidates can bring their own scribe and they will also get compensatory time of 50 minutes.
IPU CET 2020 Application Form
The candidates can apply for IPU CET in the online mode only. The application form can be filled and submitted at ipu.ac.in with payment of online fee. The forms are available for admission in the following:
A) CET based course
B) Non-CET based courses
C) Courses where admission is based on qualifying exam marks
Important notes about the IPU CET 2020 application form:
- Any candidate may fill any application form for admissions, that is one can apply for more than one course.
- However, if the candidate is applying for more than one CET, separate application form should be submitted for each test.
- Name and date of birth must be as per the Class 10 certificate or equivalent.
- Candidates will have to mention their 12 digit Aadhaar Card number while filling in the application form.
Filling in IPU CET 2020 application form
The basic steps to apply for IPU CET 2020 is given below. There are 2 parts of filling the application form, First applicants have to create their applicant profile and then apply for the course of their choice.
Creation of the applicant profile
- Step 1: Provide general information. This step includes filling of exam category, name of the applicant, mailing address, contact details, uploading of photo, signature, left-hand thumb impression.
- Step 2: Provide the qualification details
- Step 3: Read and check the declaration. On the next page, the candidates can check their Login Id and password. Note them and keep it safe.
- Step 1: Click on the button that says “apply for the course”
- Step 2: Enter the course details and check the payment details
- Step 3: Pay the application fee using the available online modes.
Application Fee: The application fee is Rs. 1200/- excluding processing charges and taxes
Payment Mode: The payment for the application fee is to be done via online mode only. Candidates can opt for any of the below given payment modes:
- Debit card, or
- Credit card, or
- Net Banking
Documents to be uploaded in the application form of IPU CET 2020:
|Photograph||JPG / GIF||10 KB – 100 KB|
|Signature||JPG / GIF||10 KB – 100 KB|
- Scanned photo with white background and must be taken on or after 01 January 2020
- Scanned left thumb impression
- Signature in running hand
Changes In IPU CET 2020
IPI CET will be held in online mode in 2020. Until last year all the CETs by IPU was being held as written test. However, now the University has announced the CETs to be held in CBT mode via the information brochure.
Another change is that the scheme of the exam has been revamped. The changes in the pattern are as follows:
- The number of question have decreased so is the total of marks.
- Now the number of questions will be the same for all the CETs, unlike earlier where the marks and the number of questions varied from one CET to another.
- Also, the time for all the CEts is 2.5 hours, which earlier varied for the CETs.
IPU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for all the CETs is different. The candidates have to satisfy the below-given points of eligibility before they apply for the CET of their choice:
- Qualifying exam and marks
- Age limit, if any
Now the detailed eligibility and admission criteria of IPU CET 2020 is available in this PDF file – Download here.
Admission Process of IPU
There are 3 channels of admission in IPU. The first channel is via the national level entrance exam score, via IPU CET or via qualifying exam marks.
The courses for which the CETS are not held and the admission is based on national level scores are:
- All B.Tech programmes via JEE Main 2020
- BA LLB and BBA LLB via CLAT UG 2020
- LLM via CLAT PG 2020
- MBA promgramme based on CAT > CMAT > IPU CET 2020 scores
- B.Arch courses based on NATA 2020
- Medical Programmes via NEET UG / PG / SS 2020
- PG Ayurveda via AIA PGET 2020
GATE Scholarships: For the below given M.Tech courses the GATE scholarship is applicable:
1. M.Tech (CSG)
2. M.Tech (EG)
3. M.Tech (TE)
4. M.Tech (BT)
5. M.Tech (EP)
6. M.Tech (CE)
IPU CET2020 Exam Pattern
As per the new scheme of IPU CET 2020, the pattern of the exam is as follows:
- Mode of the exam: The CETs shall be held in CBT format
- The duration: All the CETs have to be completed in 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Total questions: All the CETs shall have 100 MCQs
- Type of questions: MCQs with 4 option of which 1 answer is correct
- Marking scheme: +4 for each correct attempt and -1 for any wrong attempt (except Ph.D and M.Phil courses)
- Medium of the CETs: All the CETs are to be held in english, except for B.Ed where the modes shall be english and hindi both.
IPU CET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of IPU CET is different and specialised for each. IPU prescribes the syllabus of all the CEts with the brochure. To check the detailed syllabus of IPU CET 2020, candidates can follow the link below:
IPU CET 2020 Preparation Tips
Serious candidates willing to score good rank in IPU CET 2020 are requested to diligently prepare for their chosen subject. Some of the tips that can be followed for preparation of the exam are:
Strategic Planning: Applying candidates need to focus properly in the areas that they are weak at. Then they must strategise for their preparation accordingly.
Time Management: As IPU CET 2020 will have 100 MCQs that are to be answered in a duration of 2:30 hours, candidates have to manage their time accordingly. It is advisable that sections which are strong for a said candidate should be answered first in less amount of time on the day of the chosen IPU CET 2020.
Previous Year question papers: Candidates are advised to give a few mock tests that can be easily found on the internet for their chosen CET Code or solve previous year question papers in order to get a better understanding of the kind of questions to be asked in IPU CET 2020. Doing so will only prepare the candidate gain familiarity with the upcoming CET 2020 of their choice.
Saving Time: Candidates on the day of IPU CET 2020 are hereby advised that while giving IPU CET 2020, they should try and answer as many questions as they can instead of wasting time on one question. Also, if a candidate is good at chemistry, solving maths based questions by using shortcuts and tricks will prove beneficial for them as less amount of time will be wasted per question.
IPU CET 2020 Important Books
Some important books for the preparation of IPU CET 2020 is given below:
|GGSIPU BJMC Guide 2020||Click Here|
|GGSIPU BCA Guide 2020||Click Here|
|GGSIPU BBA Guide 2020||Click Here|
|GGSIPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide 2020||Click here|
|GGSIPU B.Com Hons Guide 2020||Click here|
IPU CET 2020 Schedule
The schedule of IPU CET 2020 is given below. The exam shall be held in more than one shift as per the table below:
|First||8:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Second||12:30 pm to 3:00 pm|
|Third||5:00 pm to 7:30 pm|
IPU CET 2020 Reservation of Seats
The reservation policy that is to be followed while allocating the seats are as follows:
- Delhi region candidates – 85% seats
- Outside Delhi region candidates – 15% seats
Apart from this, other reservation criteria shall be also applicabel at the time of admission.
IPU CET 2020 Counselling
The counselling for IPU CET 2020 is held in 2 modes: online counselling and offline counselling. The qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling rounds as per the schedule and instructions uploaded after the result is out.
Candidates appearing for any round of counselling, pertaining to the availability of seats, have to carry a few mandatory documents along with them. These are to be carried both in original along with two photocopies of each document. These are as follows:
- Class 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Graduation mark sheet
- Graduation degree
- Permanent Resident proof
- Demand Draft carrying a said course’s fee
- Migration Certificate of the last attended college/university
- Valid GATE scorecard, as applicable for admission into M.Tech programmes
- Invigilator-Signed Admit Card of IPU CET 2020
- 4 copies of colored Passport size photographs
- Supporting Category Document, if applicable
- Hardcopy of IPU CET 2020 rank card
Note: Candidates might not be offered admission if they fail to carry any of these above-notified documents. Also, the photocopied version of these documents must be self-attested.
IPU CET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi conducts IPU CET Examination.
Ans : Candidates can apply for IPU CET Examination on the official website of Indraprastha University i.e. ipu.ac.in.
Ans : For all IPU CET examinations, the duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes except for B.Tech and M.A. English where the duration of the exam will be 3 hours. IPU CET, as based on the previous year’s exam pattern, will be conducted in a pen-paper based i.e. offline mode.
Ans : Candidates applying for IPU CET in order to seek admission in graduate courses like B.Tech or BBA will have to maintain a minimum aggregate of 55% in their 10+2.
Ans : Candidates can check the list of the different courses offered by IPU below. Engineering/Professional/M.Phil/PG Diploma/PG Ayurveda Programmes, PhD Postgraduate Medical Courses/Super Speciality Medical Courses/Undergraduate Medical Courses/B.Sc. (Yoga).
Ans : Candidates must go to the IPU CET Examination Center along with a hard copy of their Admit Card and a valid identity proof.
Ans : Candidates must reach to the IPU CET Examination Center 2 hours prior to the examination.
Official Website: ipu.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.