For the programmes for which Common Entrance Tests are not being conducted, the University will prepare a list of qualified candidates separately for each CET Code in order of merit based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying examinations and other conditions. The university will be conducting online counseling for thirty six programmes and also offline counseling for the rest of the programmes.
On-line Counselling/Admission will be held for thirty six programmes such as B.Tech, Lateral Entry to B.Tech for diploma Holders, BBA, BCA, MBA, MCA, LLB, B.Ed BJMC, B.COM (H), BA Eng (H), BA Eco (H), LLM (Regular), MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, MBA(IT), MA(MC), MA(English), MA (Criminology), M.Sc. (Forensic Sc.), M.Ed., MAHERIT, M.Sc.(NRM), MA(Eco.), MCA (LE), B.Ed.(Special Education), BHMCT, M.Sc.(Yoga), M.Sc.(Nursing), B.Tech.(Biotech), B.Sc.(H)(Nursing), Para-Medical (BPT/BPO/BOT/B.Sc.(MLT)/BASLP), M.Sc.(EM) and M.Sc.(BC) on the basis of merit of rank obtained in the Common Entrance Test (CET) 2019. However, the candidates who will qualify CET-2019/National Level Tests as mentioned in Part A, must also fulfill the eligibility criteria of the qualifying examinations.
IPU Counselling 2019 Dates and Schedule
The Counselling/Admission for all the other programmes will be conducted offline by the University for all CET qualified candidates. However the candidates must also fulfill the eligibility criteria of the qualifying examination as laid down in the Admission Brochure 2019-20
Schedule of Counselling
Here we mention the this year schedule of IPU Counselling 2019.
- The spot counseling shall be conducted offline, at designated centres by the University, between 01/08/2019 – 10/08/2019.
- This round shall be held after completion of the admission process, only for the purpose of filling up vacancies, if any.
- After completion of all rounds of online counselling „Spot Counselling‟ shall be done offline. All eligible candidates desirous of participating in the “Spot Counselling” shall have to pay a counselling (separate) participation fee. The participation fees in the “Spot Counselling” shall be INR 2000/= (non-refundable / transferable).
- The “Spot Counselling” shall be done for vacancies remaining after reporting of allocated candidates to Schools of Studies / Colleges / institutions alloted and arising during the process of “Spot Counselling” as enumerated below. Since, all conversions of categories / region-wise divisions are completed in the last round of online counselling, the spot counselling shall consider all seats to be filled as unreserved.
- The vacant seats left after reporting /admission of candidates to institutions only shall be considered for filling in the spot counselling.
- Any CET qualified candidates who have not taken admission in the rounds of Online counselling will be eligible to participate in the spot counselling, against the available vacant seat (if any).
- The candidates who are allotted seat in rounds of online counselling and have paid the part Academic Fee of Rs 40,000/- to confirm admission in any institute/ college and have also reported to the concerned University School of Study / college / institutions will be treated as “admitted” at the time of Spot Counselling. Such candidates, if they desire to participate in the “Spot Counselling” shall be required to pay a transfer fees of INR 5000/=, these candidates shall be considered as per their rank only, if they do not appear at the time of counselling for their rank, they shall not be allowed to participate. Moreover, the seats thus vacated by these candidates shall be offered to candidates participating in “Spot Counselling” with lower rank as compared to the candidates thus transferred. For such “transferred” candidates, the part academic fees paid by the candidate of INR 40000/= shall be adjusted during counselling. If a change of institution / college occurs of such candidates, then the institution / college from which the candidate is being transferred shall refund the balance fees paid (if any), that is the component of the fees paid by the candidate at the institution directly to the candidates on application by the candidate, and the candidate shall have to pay the balance fees (if any) of the institution to which the candidate is transferred as per schedule to be notified by the candidates.
- Any candidate, who was admitted in any round and subsequently withdrawn as per procedure, will be eligible to participate in the Spot Counselling.
- All admissions in the University shall be provisional till regularized by the University.
- Result of qualifying examinations to fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission in a specific programme of study (as specified in admission brochure) for the admissions to the University must be declared on or before the grant of admission to the candidate.
In case of admissions offered / granted through offline counseling / open house counseling / spot counseling / supplementary rounds of counseling, the mark-sheet / grade-sheet / authenticated copy of result (by office of controller of examinations / registrar of the University, or designated officer of the board of examinations) of qualifying examination fulfilling the eligibility criteria is to be compulsorily submitted by the candidate at the time of offer of admission to the candidate. Failure to submit the mark-sheet / grade-sheet / authenticated copy of result at the time of reporting on the said date / time would lead to cancellation of provisional admission offered / granted to the candidate
- After completion of all admissions (after 14th August, 2019, the concerned Dean/Principal/Director must submit the details of the results / proof of eligibility for admissions of these provisionally admitted students latest by August 19, 2019, to the Incharge (Admissions), Academic Reception Counter, Administrative Block, GGS Indraprastha University, Sec 16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078, duly signed by the concerned Dean/Principal/Director;
- All “not admitted” candidates will be eligible to participate in the Spot Counselling.
- Seats left vacant, if any, after spot counselling only shall be considered for admission process of filling up of vacancies after 31st July of the admission year.
Filling of seats (if any) after Spot Counselling
If any seats are left vacant (out of the seats reported as vacant, after the reporting of “admitted / allocated” candidates to concerned University School of Study / College / Institution and taken to the spot counselling phase for filling up) out of the seats considered in the spot counselling, the procedure for filling up these seats shall be notified by 4th of August, of the admission year by the University on its website www.ipu.ac.in.