This page is here to answer your question on whether JEE Main 2020 has been postponed or not. We have created this resource in light of the rising number of queries from engineering aspirants on this matter. There are widespread reports that the trade union has called for a nationwide strike on January 8, 2020, due to which, the engineering entrance exam scheduled for that day has been requested to be called off, delayed. The final decision on what will happen, is in the hands of the National Testing Agency.
JEE Main 2020 Postponement Due To Strike: Latest News
📣 07 Jan 2020 Update: Three major exams were scheduled for 8th Jan (On Trade Union Strike date) – JEE Main 2020, UPTET 2020, and ICAR ASRB NET 2020. Until today morning, there was no news on any of them postponing any of the exams. But just now, ICAR has announced that ASRB NET 2020 scheduled on 8th Jan is being postponed to 11th Jan. However until now, NTA has not said anything about postponed.
Stay tuned to this page.
As soon as NTA says anything about postponement, we will update you here. Until then, you should make arrangements to leave home very early so that even if you face transportation issues you can reach on time.
📣 03 Jan 2020 Update: As per reports, central trade unions have decided to go on the nationwide strike on January 8, 2020.
Qs 1. Has JEE Main 2020 been postponed?
Ans 1. As on the date of publishing / updating this news story, NTA has not postponed JEE Main 2020.
Qs 2. What are the exam dates for JEE Main 2020 January exam?
Ans 2. The exam dates are January 6 to 9, 2020. That is, there are four exam dates, that are January 6, 2020; January 7, 2020; January 8, 2020; January 9, 2020.
Qs 3. Why is there news on postponement of JEE Mains?
Ans 3. The central trade unions in India have called for a nationwide strike or bandh on January 8, 2020, which is one of the four exam dates of the Joint Entrance Examination Mains January attempt. Since the strike is anticipated to affect traffic on roads, public transportation and other public facilities, the union had asked the government to postpone the JEE Main exam scheduled on that day.
Qs 4. Are there any chances of NTA cancelling the JEE Main 8th January 2020 exam?
Ans 4. Whether NTA will cancel the exam scheduled to be held on January 8, 2020, or not will be the final call of the National Testing Agency only. Chances of that happening are not predictable.
Qs 5. How will I get to know if NTA postpones the JEE Main 2020 exam?
Ans 5. You can see all the latest official updates of JEE Main 2020 at nta.ac.in, as well as jeemain.nta.nic.in. If there is any update on the conduct of exam, there will be widespread publicity of the same through these official websites. You can also subscribe to AGLASEM alerts as we strive to make only the most authentic and updated engineering entrance exams news reach you.
If you are still worried about anything, just drop a comment in the comments box below!
About the trade union strike 2020
There are different news reports on the anticipated strike by trade unions in the first month of the new year 2020. On this matter, the key points are as follows.
- The various labour unions who have met to decide on the strike include Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC), All India Congress Trade Union Cong (IATUC), Central Industrial Trade Union (CITU) and Hind Mazdoor Sabha (HMS).
- Rashtriya Colliery Mazdoor Sangh (RCMS) is a part of the INTUC and it too has been vocal about the demands discussed.
- The unions wish to strike to demand rights and facilities of workers, and against privatisation of public sector units, among other things.
- This trade union strike is supposed to happen on January 8, 2020.
About NTA JEE Main 2020 January Attempt
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains is a national level engineering entrance exam, conducted by National Testing Agency. Important details of the JEE Main 2020 are as follows.
- The JEE Main exam for admissions 2020 is to take place in January and April.
- Students can partake in either one or both attempts, and those who attempt both times, their best of the two percentiles will be used for admission.
- The January attempt is scheduled to be held from January 6 to 9, 2020, and the April attempt exam dates are as of now scheduled to be April 3 to 9, 2020.
- More than 9 lakh students are reported to have registered for the January attempt, from all over India.
- Admit cards of JEE Main 2020 are already available for download at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.