IIT ISM Dhanbad campus is spread over 393 acres. It was known as Indian School of Mines and was a Central University before it was converted into an IIT. IIT ISM Dhanbad offers courses in engineering, pure sciences, management and humanities with a major focus on engineering. IIT ISM Dhanbad is a fully residential campus with 10 hostels seven for boys and 3 for girls. The campus also provides world class indoor and outdoor sports facilities. The student activity centre at IIT ISM Dhanbad has a gym, club and a swimming pool. The institute also organizes annual inter college cultural and technical fest. Read the full article to know more about IIT ISM Dhanbad.
IIT ISM Dhanbad
IIT ISM Dhanbad has 18 departments and offers 8 programs and the selection for all these programs is done through scores of different competitive exams.
ISM Dhanbad Admissions
IIT Bhubaneswar, along with other IITs and IISc, conducts entrance examination for admission and pre-qualification of students for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- JEE (Advanced Joint Entrance Examination) for the B.Tech Admission
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for M.Tech and PhD Admission
- CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design) for M. Des and PhD Admission
- JAM (Joint Admission Test) for M.Sc. Admission
List of Courses
Check below the list of courses offered by IIT ISM Dhanbad for admission in undergraduate, postgraduate and Phd. courses.
- B.Tech (4 yr)
- Dual Degree integrated M.Tech (5 yr)
- M.Tech (2 yr)
- M.Sc. (2 yr)
- M.Sc. Tech course (3 yr)
- Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF)
Mode of Admission and Selection
Admission for undergraduate courses is done through JEE Advanced and admission to M.Sc. is done through Joint Admission Test (JAM). Admission to post graduate programmes is done through GATE and CAT score is required for MBA programmes followed by a Written ability test and a personal Interview.
Fee structure and Scholarship
Fee structure for B.Tech/Dual degree integrated M.Tech for 2017-18 session
- General/OBC = 293000
- SC/ST = 28,000
- Manjit K. Memorial Award (MGM)
- Pramod and Meera Thakur Trust (PMTT)
- Srimati Sushila Devi Tulli Memorial (SDTM)
- Dipak and Chitra Sarkar
- Zoeb and Shera Morgi
- Chugh Family Foundation
- Peggy and Avinash Ahuja
- Diwan Chand Gupta Memorial & Lila Vati Gupta Memorial
- Balkrishna and Prakash Agarwal Memorial
- Atul Arya
- Sriram Muralidharan
- Naresh Vashisht Foundation
- Mahendra Verma
- Neelima Verma
- Raj Prasad Excellence in Teaching award
- Inder Mohan Thapar Research Award (IMTR)
- ISM 89 Silver Jubilee B. Tech ScholarshipNagendra Kumar Memorial Award of Excellence
- ISMAA Research Awards
- Research Publication Award for JRF of Electronics Engineering Department
- Jagat Chandra Sarkar Memorial Award
- Bhaskar BhattacharjeeMemorial Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Canara Bank Research Award (Group/Individual)
- ISMAA Award for guiding highest no. of PhDs in last three years.
- SBI Award for maximum resource generation during a financial year
- ISMAA Award for maximum resource generation during a financial year
- ISMAA Best UG Student Award admitted through IIT-JEE
- ISMAA Best Sports Person Award
- Prof. S. P Banerjee Medal
- SBI non-teaching employees Group Award
- ISM 89 Silver Jubilee B. Tech Scholarship
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Endowment Scholarship
- Benevolent Fund
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
The exam is conducted for 2 papers. Paper 1 consist of multiple choice questions for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and is conducted in online whole. It is conducted for students who seek admission in B.E/B.Tech courses. Paper 2 is divided into 3 parts Mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test. Mathematics and aptitude test will be conducted in online mode whereas drawing test will be conducted in offline mode.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
It is an exam jointly conducted by IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs ) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. A candidate can appear only in one paper of the examination.
IIT Dhanbad has a dedicated career development centre. Career development helps the student to make the right choice for their career. Career development centre helps both the students, students who want to pursue higher studies and students who want to opt in for job. The institute aims to provide talented students to companies as well as develop a strong working relationship with them. IIT Dhanbad has a healthy association with over 200 recruiters. Some of the recruiters who visit IIT dhanbad every year are Samsung, Walmart, Flipkart, Box8, Droom, Indian OIl, ESSAR, KPMG, Reliance, Adani, HDFC Bank, TATA steel, EXIDE, Toyota, Hero, TIME, Sokrati.
About IIT ISM Dhanbad
It is a public engineering and research institution located in Dhanbad, India. It is the third oldest institute which got converted into IIT. It was established on 9th Dec 1926 on the model of Royal School of Mines, London. Its vision is to be a nationally and internationally acclaimed premier institute of higher scientific education. According to the statistics provided by the institution in 2018 IIT ISM Dhanbad has 18 Departments and 8311 students. IIT ISM Dhanbad also promotes and encourages student exchange programs.
IIT ISM Dhanbad rankings according to NIRF and QS Asia rankings.
Rank in 2019
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) (Engineering)
Check below some notable alumni of IIT ISM Dhanbad
- Harsh Gupta – Padma Shri awardee, Earth scientist
- R.K Khandal – Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Durga Charan – Scientist, author and former director of the institute.
Main Campus IIT (ISM), Dhanbad
Jharkhand, INDIA, 826004
Dean (Faculty) Office 9471192138
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org