ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020- Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad has released the notification for admission in ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020. The deserving and eligible candidates qualified through national level tests and thus providing ample opportunities for carrying out research leading to the Ph.D. degree. The application form has been released online. Candidates can apply online through the official website or the direct link to apply that has been provided below. Candidates need to pay the application form fees in order to complete the application procedure. Candidates can check the complete information of ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 application process, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
– ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 Counselling will be held on October 06, 2020, as per media reports. Check the same from below.
– ISM Dhanbad has released the Extended Merit list of Ph.D. Admission 2020. Click here to check.
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020
IIT(ISM) JRF is open JRF is open to candidates who possess the minimum eligibility criteria given below. The eligibility of the candidate will be scrutinized by the respective department at every stage. The applicants should submit the correct information during online registration and application. The candidates are required to mark important dates for not missing any date. The schedule has been updated for the convenience of the candidates.
|Commencement of online application||16 Mar 2020|
|Last date for submitting application online|
|Interview of shortlisted candidates|
|Declaration of results – Merit list|
|Admission & Joining of the Merit List Candidates||24 Jul 2020|
Note- Written examination may be conducted for shortlisting of candidates, if desired by the department
ISM Dhanbad JRF Application Form 2020
Interested candidates should register their name using valid email id and phone number and submit their application online as per the schedule. The application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/ST/PC candidates) for the IIT(ISM) JRF program is to be paid online, by the available mode of payment supported. The candidates will be guided through the application process while registration and online application. Please read the on-screen instructions very carefully while filling online application. Candidates are advised to take utmost care while filling and NOT to give any false information or conceal any information.
If the claim by the candidate is found to be WRONG at any stage of IIT(ISM) JRF selection process, their candidature will be canceled and no communication in this regard will be made. Candidates will be responsible for any kind of mistakes occurred during the filling and consequent submission of online application.
Submission of hard copy of an application form
The hard copy of the completed application is NOT required to be submitted. However, candidates are advised to keep the copy of the application for further reference.
- Rs. 2000/- for Gen / OBC
- Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PC
Payment option: The modes of online payment are through Net banking / Debit card / Credit card.
How to Apply ?
The steps to apply online is as given below-
Step-1 Visit the official website i.e. iitism.ac.in
Step-2 When you open the website, you will find the link to apply for it, where first you need to register yourself by filling up the details.
Step-3: After the registration process, you need to make login for further application processes. You need to enter the registration number and password for make login.
Step-4 For completing the process you need to make final payment, you can check the procedure to pay fees from below.
Step-5 Make the payment and complete the application process.
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
For admission to Ph.D. programmes of different disciplines, an applicant possessing qualifications mentioned against the subjects mentioned below is eligible to apply:
Candidates in the final year of the qualifying degree may be considered for provisional admission, provided that they give an undertaking that the results will be made available to the Institute on or before the date of admission (July 24, 2020). The provisional admission of such candidates will stand canceled if they fail to produce the result by the specified date or fail to obtain the required class/division or CGPA/% of marks.
Essential criteria for Ph.D in Engineering:
An applicant must have a Masters degree in Engineering in the relevant subject with first class/division or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale),
or An applicant must have a Bachelors degree in Engineering with a minimum of 70% marks/CGPA of 7.0 (on a 10 point scale),
or An applicant must have a Masters’s degree in Science or an allied area with first-class/division or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale).
Essential criteria for Ph.D in Science:
An applicant must have a Masters degree in the relevant subject, Arts, Commerce, Humanities and Social Sciences with first class/division or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale), or
An applicant must have a Masters degree in Engineering / Technology/Science/ Commerce / Management with first class/division or a minimum of 60 % marks/CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale), or
An applicant must have a Bachelors’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 70% marks/CGPA of 7.0 (on a 10 point scale).
Essential criteria for Ph.D in Management:
An applicant must have a Masters degree or equivalent in Management or allied areas or Engineering / Technology with first class/division or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale), or
An applicant with a Bachelors degree in Engineering with a minimum of 70% marks/7.0 CGPA, or
An applicant must have a Masters degree in Science/Arts/Commerce with first-class/division or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale), or
An applicant who has qualified for CA/ICAI/ICMA/CS, with first-class/division or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) in Bachelors’s degree
Age limit for various categories as on the last date of online application [31 Oct 2020] are :
- For General Male Candidate – 30 yrs
- OBC/PC/SC/ST/Female Candidates : 35 years
Age relaxation as above will be allowed for candidates with valid documents. The original documents will be scrutinized prior to the interview and if found incorrect/insufficient the candidature will be canceled.
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 Syllabus
ISM Dhanbad has released the syllabus for the admission, you can download it from here. Syllabus helps the students to make their way clear in order for the preparation. You can check it from the official website as well as from the direct link that has been provided below.
Click here to download ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 Syllabus
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 Selection process
- The selection depends on the number of vacancies and the performance of the candidate. The department may adopt a screening test (if required) and interview for the selection of Ph.D. student.
- The list of short-listed candidates for the interview will be displayed in the notice board of the respective department or IIT(ISM) website on the same date of examination. The medium of examination will be English.
- The selection committee of the respective department approved by the competent authority will interview the shortlisted candidates, and marks will be awarded based on the performance of the candidate in the INTERVIEW ONLY.
- The merit list will be prepared from the above list by applying the reservation policy
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 Interview
- All candidates shortlisted for the interview have to appear for personal interview on the scheduled date (May 14, 2020 and May 15, 2020) at IIT(ISM), Dhanbad.
- No separate communication will be sent to these candidates. The short-listed candidates are required to bring all the necessary documents.
- Only the short-listed candidates will be interviewed if they are eligible after the verification of their original documents. Those who do not possess required documents during scrutiny will not be interviewed, and their candidature stands canceled.
- No TA/DA will be provided for the candidates appearing for the interview. Candidates have to make their own arrangements to attend the interview in the scheduled date and time.
ISM Dhanbad JRF Admission 2020 Required Documents
The short-listed candidates are required to bring all the necessary documents, especially the following while coming for the interview. Only the short-listed candidates will be interviewed if they are eligible after the verification of their original documents. Those who do not possess required documents during scrutiny will not be interviewed, and their candidature stands canceled.
- A print out of your REGISTRATION SLIP duly self-attested (downloaded online application form).
- One self-attested copy of all the supporting documents.
- All necessary documents IN ORIGINAL in support of their claim as given in the application form, especially the ones mentioned below:
- Age proof.
- Educational qualifications.
- Eligibility of qualifying examination.
- Proof of FIRST CLASS/the minimum prescribed percentage or grade point average as stipulated
- Proof for category [EWS/OBC/SC/ST/PC].
- Valid OBC certificate by the competent authority in the format as per the Central Educational Institutions.
- For PC candidates, proof of the same along with a certificate of their respective category.
- GATE certificate
- NET certificate for NET candidates
About ISM Dhanbad
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines) Dhanbad [IIT(ISM)], previously known as ISM Dhanbad, is one of the prestigious institutes of the country, built on the pattern of the Royal School of Mines, England, UK in the year 1926. The institute offers B.Tech, M.Sc., M.Sc. Tech., M.Tech, M.Phil, MBA, M.Tech. Dual Degrees, Integrated M.Tech./M.Sc. Tech. programmes, besides awarding Ph.D. and D.Sc. in all disciplines. IIT(ISM), a Deemed to be University, since 1967, started its programmes initially by offering degrees specialized in different earth sciences and engineering disciplines.
For more information regarding ISM JRF 2020, Admission – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.