Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad offers admission in M.Sc. / M.Sc.Tech programmes for the academic year through JAM only. Joint Admission Test (JAM 2020) for the above programmes has been held as per the schedule provided below. Candidate can check the complete information of ISM Dhanbad M.Sc Admission 2020 on this page below.
Latest: ISM Dhanbad M.Sc Admission 2020 Counselling will be held on October 06, 2020, as per media reports. Check the notice from below.
ISM Dhanbad M.Sc Admission 2020
IIT (ISM) admits student in all the following M.Sc. Programme through JAM only. Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in Chemistry, Mathematics & Computing, Physics. Three year Master of Science (M.Sc.[Tech]) in Applied Geology, and Applied Geophysics. Hence, the schedule for the admission to ISM Dhanbad M.Sc Admission 2020 though JAM 2020 is provided below:
|Online registration and JAM application on official website||Sep 2019|
|Closing of online application submission & uploading of documents||Oct 2019|
|Last date for payment of application fees through online mode||Oct 2019|
|Mock test link activated from||Jan 2020|
|Downloading of admit cards||Jan 2020|
|Date of JAM 2020 entrance examination||Feb 2020|
|Results declaration||Mar 2020|
|Submission of application form for admission in online mode on|
|Last date to request change in category and rectification|
of defective documents at IIT Bombay
|1st admission list publishing date||May 2020|
|2nd admission list publishing date||Jun 2020|
|3rd and final admission list publishing date||Jun 2020|
|Admission closes||Jul 2020|
Application Form 2020
Interested and Eligible candidates who want admission into ISM Dhanbad M.Sc Admission 2020 have to apply online for JAM 2020. The candidates first have to register from the official website of JAM. The candidates have to enter his/her name, email id, phone number and a password. The email id registered will be the sole means of communication.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
The candidates who qualify in JAM 2020 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ER) for admissions in ISM Dhanbad.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
For Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of the percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s). Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by September 30, 2020.
At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a physical fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the Candidate to prove that he/she satisfies the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission.
- The Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
Only candidates who qualify in JAM 2020 (whose names appear in the Merit List) will be eligible to apply for admission to ISM Dhanbad. Applicants should note that they have to apply for admission by filling an online Application Form for Admission (henceforth called Admission Form) available only at JAM 2020 website. Based on the test paper(s) qualified, an applicant can apply to one or more academic programmes covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institutes.
The following admission procedure shall be followed for the ISM Dhanbad Admission covered under JAM 2020. Candidates are also advised to refer to the JAM 2020 website for latest updates. After JAM 2020 results will be announced, a qualified candidate will have to apply ONLINE only using the prescribed Admission Form available at JAM 2020 website http://jam.iitb.ac.in, irrespective of IITs where the admission is sought.
- Verification of Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admission is the prerogative of the Admitting Institute(s) only and the Organizing Institute will not respond to any queries in this regard.
- The offer of admission to a candidate will be provisional, subject to the fulfillment of all the requirements by the dates specified.
- Candidates should note that being in the Merit List of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement for admission. Admissions shall be made in order of merit and depending on the number of seats available at the Institute(s).
- The candidate’s fingerprint will be captured before he/she takes the JAM 2020 exam. This captured data will be used for verification during the admission process. Hence, the candidate should avoid any coating (ink, Mehendi, henna, or tattoo) on their fingertips and have clean fingers on the examination and admission days.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.