What is JAC Chandigarh 2018?
JAC Chandigarh 2018 counselling is to begin soon and all the participants are preparing to participate in it. But lets us get some facts clear before we begin to get to eligibility criteria.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 is a central counselling process meant as an admission process which is mandatory for the candidates to attend if they want to take admission in engineering colleges of Chandigarh. Since JAC does not hold any qualifying examination of its own, therefore it asks for the rank or score obtained by the candidates in JEE Main. Every year candidates are selected in the same way. This year as well, the candidates who are willing to take admission in various UG courses must sit for the JEE Main 2018 Entrance Exam after 12th and obtain a rank in the paper.
The marks secured in 12th class and JEE Main 2018 will then be taken into consideration by Joint Admission Committee and then as per the cut off decided by CBSE, a merit list will be prepared and forwarded to JAC. The candidates are then called merit wise and in this counselling process, they are allowed to choose their course and college.
The counselling process is an online process with registration and registration charges. Candidates are invited to participate online and the results are also published online. Selected candidates are then called to attend the counselling as on prescribed dates. Candidates are required to report on time along with the documents and admission fee for the course. Finally the candidates get a seat. Now that you know what is JAC Chandigarh 2018, let us move to see what are the other criterias to participate in JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling process.
When will JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling take place?
The date of counselling for JAC Chandigarh 2018 has been announced. Candidates can check all the details related to counselling on the schedule page or by Clicking Here
Which courses/college is JAC Chandigarh 2018 Counselling being conducted for?
The JAC Chandigarh Counselling and admission process is to begin soon for admission to various B. E. and B. Arch. Courses at
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly Department of Chemical Engineering & Technology)
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur
- PEC University of Technology, Sector 12, Chandigarh (Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh)
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Sector 12, Chandigarh
The candidates are strongly advised to check their eligibility before they proceed to register themselves. Here is the eligibility criteria:-
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility conditions for admission to various B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)- MBA courses at the participating institutes given, are as detailed below:
The academic qualifications as prescribed in Information Bulletin and Application Form of JEE (Main)-2018 [Sections 2.9.2 and 2.9.3 of JEE (Main)-2018 Information Bulletin] are applicable for this allocation/allotment, extract of which is reproduced below. “Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 or 2017; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2018. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2015 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2019 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2018. Candidates who appeared in Class 12th/equivalent qualifying examinations in 2015, did not pass in 2015, but passed in 2016 are also not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2018.”
“Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in Class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2018. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main)-2018 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main) – 2018 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.”
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)-MBA courses under JAC-2018 shall be as under:
|B.E./B.Tech/ Integrated B.E. (Chemical)- MBA||
|B.Architecture||Only those candidates are eligible who have passed 10+2 scheme of Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent with Mathematics as subject of examination at the 10+2 level along with at least 50% marks in aggregate.|
Important points regarding the eligibility conditions followed by JAC-2018 are:
- All India Rank prepared by the CBSE on the basis of score in JEE (Main)-2018 shall be used for admission to B.E./B.Tech./B.E.(Chemical)-MBA by JAC-2018.
- For admission to B.Arch., All India Rank prepared by the CBSE on the basis of score in JEE (Main)-2018, Paper -2 (B.Architecture/B.Planning) shall be used.
- A candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD/BC category shall be considered for seat allocation under General Category if he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions under General Category (i.e. at least 60% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination). However, for other reserved categories (except General Category), such a candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD/BC category shall be considered for seat allocation with relaxed eligibility criteria (i.e. at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination).
- A candidate who gets a compartment in the 12th examination held in March/April 2018 will not be eligible for admission under JAC-2018 even if he/she clears the same (by appearing in the supplementary examination) before the reporting /counselling dates.
- Aggregate marks percentage in 12th or equivalent examination shall be worked out as suggested by the certificate awarding Board/University/Council. If the Board/University/Council awards letter grades without providing the equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the respective Board/University/Council specifying equivalent percentage conversion formula and submit at the time of reporting/counselling. In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of JAC-2018 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
For admission to the B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)-MBA courses, each candidate must
- bear a good moral character and should not have been debarred from any institution/university,
- be an Indian National (except for those seats which are open to NRIs),
- satisfy the prescribed medical standards of fitness as follows
- Standard of Physique
A candidate must be in good mental and body health, and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with effective performance of duties of his/her profession.
- Standard of Visual acuity with or without glasses should be:
- Distant Vision
- Better Eye : 6/6 or 6/9
- Worse Eye : 6/9 or 6/12
- Near Vision
- Better Eye : 0/6
- Worse Eye : 0/8
- Distant Vision
- Standard of Physique
The total amount of myopia including the cylinder shall not exceed – 600 D The total amount of hypermetropia including the cylinder shall not exceed +600 D.
Inter-se Merit for Admission
The inter-se merit of the candidates for admission will be determined on the basis of All India Rank (AIR) obtained in JEE (Main)-2018 only, except in the Sports Category and the Defence Category.