JAC 2020 Eligibility Conditions for Chandigarh Engineering Architect Admissions, Before filling the Application Form candidate need to read the detailed eligibility criteria as laid down by official conducting body. Detailed eligibility criteria is availed on the official information brochure available on the official website as well on this page. In order to know more about JAC 2020 Eligibility Conditions for Chandigarh Engg. Arch. Admissions follow this page.
JAC 2020 Eligibility Conditions for Chandigarh Engg. Arch. Admissions
What is JAC Chandigarh 2020?
JAC Chandigarh 2020 is a central counselling process meant as an admission process which is mandatory for the candidates to attend if they want to take admission in engineering colleges of Chandigarh. Since JAC does not hold any qualifying examination of its own, therefore it asks for the rank or score obtained by the candidates in JEE Main. Every year candidates are selected in the same way. This year as well, the candidates who are willing to take admission in various UG courses must sit for the JEE Main 2020 Entrance Exam after 12th and obtain a rank in the paper.
The marks secured in 12th class and JEE Main 2020 will then be taken into consideration by Joint Admission Committee and then as per the cut off decided by CBSE, a merit list will be prepared and forwarded to JAC. The candidates will be called merit wise and in this counselling process, they are allowed to choose their course and college.
The counselling process is an online process with registration and registration charges. Candidates are invited to participate online and the results are also published online. Selected candidates are then called to attend the counselling as on prescribed dates. Candidates are required to report on time along with the documents and admission fee for the course. Finally the candidates get a seat. Now that you know what is JAC Chandigarh 2020, let us move to see what are the other criterias to participate in JAC Chandigarh 2020 Counselling process.
When will JAC Chandigarh 2020 Counselling take place?
The date of counselling for JAC Chandigarh 2020 will announce on the official website. Candidates can check all the details related to counselling on the Schedule Page.
Which courses/college is JAC Chandigarh 2020 Counselling being conducted for?
The JAC Chandigarh Counselling and admission process is to begin soon for admission to various B. E. and B. Arch. Courses at
- Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly Department of Chemical Engineering & Technology)
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur
- University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET), South Campus, Panjab University, Sector 25, Chandigarh
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology (CCET), Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Chandigarh College of Architecture (CCA), Sector 12, Chandigarh
The candidates are strongly advised to check their eligibility before they proceed to register themselves. Here is the eligibility criteria:-
JAC Chandigarh 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility condition is according to last year details!!!
Eligibility conditions for admission to various B.E./B.Arch./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)- MBA courses at the participating institutes given, are as detailed below:
The academic qualifications as prescribed in Information Bulletin and Application Form of JEE (Main)-2020 are applicable for this allocation/allotment, extract of which is reproduced below. “Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2020. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2016 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2020.
“Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in Class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2020. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main)-2020 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main) – 2020 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.”
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Arch./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)-MBA courses under JAC-2020 shall be as under:
|B.E./Integrated B.E. (Chemical)- MBA|
|B.Architecture||Only for B.Arch., the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in Qualifying Examination. No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she/ he has passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.”|
Important points regarding the eligibility conditions followed by JAC-2020 are:
- All India Rank prepared by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on the basis of score in JEE (Main)-2020 shall be used for admission to B.E./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)-MBA by JAC-2020.
- For admission to B.Arch., All India Rank prepared by the NTA on the basis of score in JEE (Main)-2020, Paper -2 (B.Architecture/B.Planning) shall be used.
- A candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD/BC category shall be considered for seat allocation under General Category if he/she fulfills the eligibility conditions under General Category (i.e. at least 60% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination). However, for other reserved categories (except General Category), such a candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD/BC category shall be considered for seat allocation with relaxed eligibility criteria (i.e. at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination).
- A candidate who gets a compartment in the 12th examination held in March/April 2020 will not be eligible for admission under JAC-2020 even if he/she clears the same (by appearing in the supplementary examination) before the reporting /counselling dates.
- Aggregate marks percentage in 12th or equivalent examination shall be worked out as suggested by the certificate awarding Board/University/Council. If the Board/University/Council awards letter grades without providing the equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the respective Board/University/Council specifying equivalent percentage conversion formula and submit at the time of reporting/counselling. In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of JAC-2020 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
- The admissions under NRI/ Foreign Nationals category shall be conducted by Direct Admissions of Students Abroad-2020 (DASA-2020). The aspirants are advised to refer to the website www.dasanit.org.
For admission to the B.E./B.Arch./Integrated B.E.(Chemical)-MBA courses, each candidate must
- bear a good moral character and should not have been debarred from any institution/university,
- be an Indian National (except for those seats which are open to NRIs),
- satisfy the prescribed medical standards of fitness as follows
- Standard of Physique
A candidate must be in good mental and body health, and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with effective performance of duties of his/her profession.
- Standard of Visual acuity with or without glasses should be:
- Distant Vision
- Better Eye : 6/6 or 6/9
- Worse Eye : 6/9 or 6/12
- Near Vision
- Better Eye : 0/6
- Worse Eye : 0/8
- Distant Vision
- Standard of Physique
The total amount of myopia including the cylinder shall not exceed – 600 D. The total amount of hypermetropia including the cylinder shall not exceed +600 D.
Inter-se Merit for Admission
The inter-se merit of the candidates for admission will be determined on the basis of All India Rank (AIR) obtained in JEE (Main)-2020 only, except in the Sports Category and the Defence Category.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.