|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Additional seats for NRI candidates: Twenty Four (24) seats are available for admission of NRI candidates at UIET and Nineteen (19) seats are available for admission of NRI candidates at Dr. SSBUICET.
Eligibility for admission under NRI seats
From the academic session 2017-18, there will be only NRI category, and no “Foreign National/NRI” category.
There will be no specific category for Foreign Nationals. However, admission of Foreign Nationals will be considered only if the case has been sent to Panjab University by ICCR or any Ministry of Govt. of India subject to the condition that the Foreign National is eligible to seek admission as per the regulations of the course.
As the eligibility conditions for admission under NRI category have been revised from the academic session 2017-18, so the admission under NRI category through any already approved scheme of Government of India, including DASA (UIET/UICET) is not permissible.
- Vacant seats in this category will not be converted into General Category.
- NRI candidates shall have to comply with visa requirement of Govt. of India.
- NRI candidates shall also have to comply with any other requirements prescribed by the Govt. of India and Panjab University, from time to time.
- NRI candidates shall have to Pay prescribed tuition fee (payable annually) and all dues and charges in full to the Panjab University, Chandigarh immediately after the admission is granted to the candidate as also during the subsequent year of study. Tuition fee shall be paid in U.S. Dollars/Pounds/Sterling/Euros or equivalent amount in Indian currency with a Bank certificate for encashment of foreign currency through Bank Draft in favour of the Registrar, Panjab University, Chandigarh. In addition to tuition fee he/she shall also pay all other dues and charges to the Panjab University as payable by other students of the same class belonging to same category in foreign currency or in Indian Rupees, as per university rules and regulations.
Only the following categories of students or candidates will be eligible or entitled for consideration for admission in the NRI Quota:
- Persons of Indian Origin who are citizens of countries other than India and hold the passport of the country concerned.
- Overseas Citizens of India.
- Children, i.e., sons/daughters of Persons of Indian Origin (who may, or may not be citizen of countries other than India), or of Overseas Citizens of India, provided they have resided in a country other than India for a minimum period of three years immediately preceding the year of admission in the University.
- The eligibility or entitlement under clauses (ii) and (iii) above would extend also to grandchildren, whose parents are not alive or, at least, whose father is not alive at the time of seeking admission in the University, and who can, therefore, be treated as being “wards” of their grandparents who are Persons of Indian Origin (who may, or may not, be citizens of countries other than India), or Overseas Citizens of India, provided such grandchildren have resided in a country other than India for a minimum period of three years immediately preceding the year of admission in the University.
The vacant seats in the reserved categories as remain unfilled shall be transferred to open category during SPOT round of Counselling after offering admission to eligible candidates of reserved categories. Any additional seat(s), if created for the reserved categories shall stand cancelled in such a case.
NOTE: Seats in reserved categories will be included in the General category right from the beginning of the admission in case there are no candidates belonging to these categories who have qualified the entrance test.