Jadavpur University has released notification for eligible candidates for admission into Bachelor of Physical Education course for the academic year 2018-2019. The course duration is two years. Candidates can check the complete information of Jadavpur University B.P.Ed Admission 2018 like application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, selection process, etc through this page below.
Jadavpur University B.P.Ed Admission 2018
Candidates seeking admission in Bachelor of Physical Education Course fill their Application form from the official website. Selection of the candidates is made on the basis of an admission test (Practical), academic results and written test.
|Application Form available from||21 Dec 2017|
|Last date for submission of Form||15 Jan 2018|
|List of eligible candidate for appearing in the Admission Test||19 Jan 2018|
|Admission Test (Practical & Written test)||For Boys – 30 & 31 Jan 2018
For Girls – 01 Feb 2018
|Merit List published on|
|Revised Merit List published on||16 Mar 2018|
Notice: Click here to check Notice regarding Admission to B.P.Ed Against Vacant Seats.
The list of candidates provisionally selected for admission to Bachelor of Physical Education Course for the 2018-19 session has been released by Faculty of Arts, Jadavpur University. The candidates who want to take admission can check their names and another important detail in the link provided below.
Candidates who are going to fill the Application form for Jadavpur University B.P.Ed Admission 2018 will be able to download their Admit Card from here. Admit Card will be available online. No Separate Call Card will be sent to individual candidates. Also. a list of eligible candidates for admission test has been published which can be checked below.
Admit Card downloading Process Over…..!!
Application Form 2018
Application forms (Price Rs.100/-) are available either at the University Information Counter between 11 am and 4 pm (2 pm – 2.30 pm recess) from Mondays to Fridays (except holidays) or by downloading it from the Jadavpur University website www.jaduniv.edu.in. While submitting the downloaded application form a bank draft of Rs.100/- drawn in favour of Registrar, Jadavpur University payable in Kolkata is to be enclosed.
- Download Application form – Process Over..!!
The forms duly filled-in, are to be submitted at the Office of the Dean & Secretary, Faculty Council of Arts. No form will be received by post and after the due date.
Conditions of Eligibility (Female candidates can also apply for admission):
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks and having at least participation in the InterCollege/Inter-Zonal/District/School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education with 45% marks. OR
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks and studied Physical Education as compulsory/elective subject. OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 45% marks and having participated in National/ Inter University/State competitions or secured 1 st, 2nd or 3rd position in Inter College/ Inter-Zonal/District/School competition in sports and games as recognized by the AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India. OR
- Bachelor’s degree with participation in international competitions or secured 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in National/Inter-University competition in sports and games as recognized by respective federations/AIU/IOA/SGFI/Govt. of India. OR
- Graduation with 45% marks and at least three years of teaching experience (for deputed in-service candidates i.e. trained physical education teachers/coaches)..
Age relaxation: The relaxation in the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the reservation of seats for SC/ST categories shall be as per the rules of the State Government. Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes of the States other than West Bengal are not entitled to get the benefit of reserved quota in Educational Institutions in West Bengal.)
All eligible applicants will be required to appear at the Admission Test (Practical & Written) on the specified date and time and also at an interview after the Practical Test on the same day.
Admission test (Practical) is likely to be held at 6.00 a.m. on 30th January & 31st January 2018 (for Boys) & 1st February 2018 (for Girls) at the Jadavpur University Playground.
Candidates should inquire about the schedule of the Admission Test at the Department of Physical Education on January 19, 2018. He/she must produce fitness certificate from a registered Medical Practitioner at the time of practical test, otherwise, he/she will not be allowed to appear in the test. Selected candidates will be required to submit another fitness certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner at the time of reporting for the course on July 1, 2018.
Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of
- An admission test (Practical)
- Academic results
- written test.
Out of 50 seats, 38 seats are earmarked for male students and 12 seats for female students. There will be separate merit lists for male candidates and female candidates.
List of eligible candidates for appearing in the Admission Test and the schedule of Admission Test will be put up on or before 19.01.2018. on the Notice Board of the Office of the Head, Department of Physical Education, Jadavpur University and the website www.jaduniv.edu.in.
Official Website: www.jaduniv.edu.in