Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 – Jadavpur University is offering admission to Bachelor of Library and Information Science Course (BLISc) for the academic year 2020-21. The application form for the same will be released by the University. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online through the official website. Make sure that you are eligible for admission in Jadavpur University otherwise your candidature will be canceled by the University. Candidates who are seeking admission to BLISc course in Jadavpur University can check all the details like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, etc from this page given below..
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020
Interested candidates may apply for Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 from the official website or from the direct link which will be given below. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria. Selection will be made on the basis of merit.
Schedule of Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 is given below.
|Start of submission of Online applications||Second week of Apr 2020|
|Last date of submission of online applications||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Last date of deposit fees at SBI-Collect System||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Publication of List of candidates eligible for admission test||First week of May 2020|
|Admission test of candidates for Bachelor of Library and Information Science||Second week of May 2020|
|Publication of list of provisionally selected candidates||Third week of May 2020|
|Date off counselling of provisionally selected applicants||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of Jul 2020|
Eligibility criteria for Jadavpur university BLISc admission 2020 is given below.
- 10+2+3 Honours Graduate (in any discipline) with 50% marks in Honours subjects (45% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 40% for SC/ST category) from any recognized university.
- 10+2+3 Pass Graduate with 55% marks in aggregate (49.5% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 41.25% for SC/ST category).
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Law are also eligible to apply.
- 10+2+3 Graduate (Honours / Pass) from the University, or any other university, plus Certificate in Library Science with 65% marks (58.5% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 48.75% for SC/ST category) from a recognized body.
For detailed eligibility criteria, Click here as per last year.
Application Form 2020
Application form for admission to BLISc for the year 2020 will be released by the University. Eligible candidates may apply online from the official website or through the direct link which will be given below. Candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility first before applying
How to Apply
The link to apply for Admissions 2020 will be given above. Before filling the application form, read the instructions given below carefully.
- Open the link on the official website or the application form link given above.
- Enter your personal information and educational information.
- Fields with ( * ) asterisk marks are mandatory.
- Click on the save button after filling in all the details.
- Note down your application number for future login.
- After this take a print out of the bank challan.
- After making payment at the bank, Click on “Fees acknowledgment” on the website and enter all the fees details asked.
The Entrance Exam would be of objective type consisting of 100 MCQs. The paper will carry 100 marks and will be of 1.30 hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. No negative marking would be there. Marking scheme is as follows:
|History and geography||15|
|Indian Polity, Economy and Culture||15|
|Current events of National & International Importance||10|
|General Mental Ability||10|
How to calculate the marks obtained
For Higher Secondary or equivalent On the basis of:
- W.B.C.H.S.E.: Best of 4 subjects excluding marks of Environmental Studies/Environmental Education/Environmental Science (out of 400 marks)
- Central Board of Secondary Education: Best of 4 subjects (out of 400 marks)
- Council for the Indian School Certificate: Best of 4 subjects (out of 400 marks)
- Other Boards: Best of 4 subjects (out of 400 marks)
For Honours Graduates
- On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained in Honours paper only
For Pass Graduates
- On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained
For Certificate Course
- On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained
Selection of candidates would be based on merit as well as how they perform in their written examination. Selection will be made in order of merit ascertained on the basis of 50% weightage on the marks secured in the BLiSc examination and 50% weightage on the marks secured in the Written Admission Test.
Official Website: www.jaduniv.edu.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.