Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 – Jadavpur University is offering admission to Bachelor of Library and Information Science Course (BLISc) for the academic year 2020-21. The 5th provisional selection list for BLISc admission has released by the Jadavpur University. It has released in PDF format at jaduniv.edu.in. Candidates who are seeking admission to BLISc course in Jadavpur University can check all the details like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, etc from this page given below.
Latest: Jadavpur University has released the 5th provisional selection list for BLISc admission. Scroll down to check it.
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020
Interested candidates may apply for Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 from the official website or from the direct link which will be given below. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria. Selection will be made on the basis of merit.
Schedule of Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 is given below.
|Start of submission of Online applications||Available|
|Publication of 5th provisionally selected applicants list||29 Dec 2020|
|Date of online admission fees payment against 5th selection list||01 to 03 Jan 2021 up to 11:00 pm|
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 Selection List
Jadavpur University has released the provisional selection list for BLISc Admission 2020. It is available in PDF format at jaduniv.edu.in. The provisional selection list is prepared on the basis of information provided by candidates. Candidates can access the direct link of the provisional selection list which is provided below.
– Click here to check the Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 5th Provisional Selection List.
– Click here to download the Provisional Selection List for Jadavpur University BLISc Admission, Dated on 27 November 2020.
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 Application Form
Application form for admission to BLISc for the year 2020 has been released by the University. Eligible candidates may apply online from the official website or through the direct link which is given below. Candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility first before applying. It is also important that the candidate pay the requisite fee in order to complete the application process.
How to Apply for Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020?
The link to apply for Admissions 2020 will be given above. Before filling the application form, read the instructions given below carefully.
- Open the link on the official website or the application form link given above.
- Enter your personal information and educational information.
- Fields with ( * ) asterisk marks are mandatory.
- Click on the save button after filling in all the details.
- Note down your application number for future login.
- After this take a print out of the bank challan.
- After making payment at the bank, Click on “Fees acknowledgment” on the website and enter all the fees details asked.
Click here to download Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 Instruction to fill Application Form.
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for Jadavpur university BLISc admission 2020 is given below.
- 10+2+3 Honours Graduate (in any discipline) with 50% marks in Honours subjects (45% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 40% for SC/ST category) from any recognized university.
- 10+2+3 Pass Graduate with 55% marks in aggregate (49.5% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 41.25% for SC/ST category).
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Law are also eligible to apply.
- 10+2+3 Graduate (Honours / Pass) from the University, or any other university, plus Certificate in Library Science with 65% marks (58.5% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 48.75% for SC/ST category) from a recognized body.
For detailed eligibility criteria, Click here.
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 Exam Pattern
The Entrance Exam would be of objective type consisting of 100 MCQs. The paper will carry 100 marks and will be of 1.30 hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. No negative marking would be there. Marking scheme is as follows:
|History and geography||15|
|Indian Polity, Economy and Culture||15|
|Current events of National & International Importance||10|
|General Mental Ability||10|
How to calculate the marks obtained
For Secondary or equivalent
- On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained in class 10th board examination.
For Higher Secondary or equivalent On the basis of:
- W.B.C.H.S.E.: Best of 4 subjects excluding marks of Environmental Studies/Environmental Education/Environmental Science (out of 400 marks)
- Central Board of Secondary Education: Best of 4 subjects (out of 400 marks)
- Council for the Indian School Certificate: Best of 4 subjects (out of 400 marks)
- Other Boards: Best of 4 subjects (out of 400 marks)
For Honours Graduates
- On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained in Honours paper only
For Pass Graduates
- On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained
For Certificate Course
- On the basis of aggregate of all marks obtained
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2020 Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates would be based on merit as well as how they perform in their written examination. Selection will be made in order of merit ascertained on the basis of 50% weightage on the marks secured in the BLiSc examination and 50% weightage on the marks secured in the Written Admission Test. There will be two separate lists for Honours graduate and Pass graduate candidates on the basis of pro-rata. The marks obtained in H.S/ Equivalent examination will be considered to determine the merit position of the candidates who will secure the same score on the provisional merit list.
Official Website: jaduniv.edu.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.