Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2018 – Jadavpur University is offering admission to Bachelor of Library and Information Science Course (BLISc) for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates who are seeking admission to BLISc course in Jadavpur University can check all the details like application procedure, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page given below.
Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2018
Interested candidates can apply for Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2018. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria. Selection will be made on the basis of merit.
Schedule of Jadavpur University BLISc Admission 2018 is given below.
|Start of submission of Online applications||05 Apr 2018|
|Last date of submission of online applications||20 Apr 2018|
|Last date of deposit fees at SBI||22 Apr 2018|
|Publication of List of candidates eligible for admission test||24 Apr 2018 after 4:00 pm.|
|Admission test of candidates for Bachelor of Library and Information Science||10 May 2018|
|Publication of list of provisionally selected candidates||21 May 2018|
|Date off counselling of provisionally selected applicants||05 Jun 2018|
|Commencement of classes||02 Jul 2018|
Jadavpur University has published the Provisional Merit list for Admission to Bachelor of Library & Information Science Course (Session 2018-19). The provisional merit list can be seen from the official website as well as the link provided below.
Selected Candidates: Click here to check the provisionally selected candidates.
Application Form 2018
Application form for admission to BLISc for the year 2018 has been released. Eligible candidates can apply online from official website admissionas.jdvu.ac.in/ or through direct link given below.
Application process over.
How to Apply
The link to apply for Admissions 2018 is given above. Before filling application form, read the instructions given below carefully.
- Open the link on the official website or the application form link given above.
- Enter your personal information and educational information.
- Fields with( * )asterisk marks are mandatory.
- Click on the save button after filling in all the details.
- Note down your application number for future login.
- After this take a print out of the bank challan.
- After making payment at the bank, Click on “Fees acknowledgement” on the website and enter all the fees details asked.
Eligibility criteria for Jadavpur university BLISc admission 2018 is given below.
- 10+2+3 Honours Graduate (in any discipline) with 50% marks in Honours subjects (45% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 40% for SC/ST category) from any recognized university.
- 10+2+3 Pass Graduate with 55% marks in aggregate (49.5% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 41.25% for SC/ST category).
- Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medical/ Law are also eligible to apply.
- 10+2+3 Graduate (Honours / Pass) from the University, or any other university, plus Certificate in Library Science with 65% marks (58.5% for PD/OBC-A/OBC-B category & 48.75% for SC/ST category) from a recognized body.
For detailed eligibility criteria, Click here.
The Entrance Exam would be of objective type consisting of 100 MCQs. The paper will carry 100 marks and will be of 1.30 hours duration. The standard of the paper will be of the level of knowledge as expected of a graduate of any faculty of a recognized University. No negative marking would be there. Marking scheme is as follows:
|History and geography||15|
|Indian Polity, Economy and Culture||15|
|Current events of National & International Importance||10|
|General Mental Ability||10|
Selection of candidates would be based on merit as well as how they perform in their written examination. Selection will be made in order of merit ascertained on the basis of 50% weightage on the marks secured in the BLIS examination and 50% weightage on the marks secured in the Written Admission Test.
Official Website: www.jaduniv.edu.in