Jadavpur University PG Admission 2020 Eligibility – The candidates can check the detailed eligibility criteria for the PG programmes offered at Jadavpur University here. The PG courses that are offered at the university are M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Pharm / MMD. To apply for Jadavpur University PG admission 2020, the candidates must have completed their qualifying degree. Get more information regarding Jadavpur University PG admission eligibility criteria 2020 from this page.
Jadavpur University PG Admission 2020 Eligibility
There are 3 different categories under which admission Jadavpur University is sought. Check the information regarding the categories from below.
Category A – GATE / GPAT: The candidates who have qualified GATE / GPAT and have a valid score falls under this category. The candidates who have a valid GPAT / GATE score can also apply to the scholarship directly to the concerned regulatory authority.
Category B – Sponsored: This category is for those students who are in-service professionals with minimum experience after passing the qualifying examination and are duly sponsored by their employer.
Category C – Self Sponsored: This is for the candidates satisfying eligibility conditions with or without GATE / GPAT score for specified programmes only.
Eligibility Criteria for Jadavpur University PG Admission 2020
Check the general eligibility criteria given below for the courses offered at Jadavpur University PG admission 2020.
- The candidates must have obtained a qualifying degree with minimum grade point average (GPA) of 6.75 in a scale of 10 or 60% marks for those belonging to General category.
- The candidates belonging to OBC (both A & B) – Non-Creamy Layer candidates must have 6.15 GPA or 54%.
- The candidates belonging to SC & ST category must have 5.25 GPA or minimum 45%.
For PG Programme in Mechanical Engineering (All Specialisation):
- The candidates must have minimum 7.25 GPA or 65% for the General candidates.
- For OBC – A & B (NCL) candidates, the candidates must have 6.6 GPA or 58.5%.
- The candidates who belong to SC / ST category, must have 5.625 GPA or 48.75%.
Other Eligibility Conditions
- Candidates passing membership / associate membership examination in the appropriate discipline conducted by the Govt. of India approved professional bodies such as Institution of Engineers (India) / Indian Institute of Architects / Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers / Institute of Electronics Telecommunication Engineers / Indian Institute of Metals with the same GPA or marks as mentioned above.
- Candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination or due to appear can also apply under category A or C. For more details under this condition, check the image given below.
Category-Wise Additional Eligibility Criteria for Jadavpur University PG Admission 2020
Check the category wise eligibility crieteria given below for Jadavpur University PG admission 2020.
Category A – GATE / GPAT Qualified candidates: The candidates must have a valid GATE / GPAT score. The candidates must have also satisfied the cut-off according to the respective categories.
Category B – Sponsored: This category implies that the candidates must be in service and must be duly sponsored by his / her employer for the entire duration of the programme. Also, the candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of experience after completing the qualifying degree.
The relevant experience shall be counted from the date of joining the job after the qualifying degree but not earlier than the 1st August of the calendar year of passing the qualifying degree until the last date of submission of the application programme.
For Category C: Self Sponsored: Candidates under this category can apply only for the following courses.
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Printing Engineering & Graphic Communication
- Food Technology & Bio-Chemical Engineering
- Distributed & Mobile Computing
- Biomedical Engineering & Science
- Energy Science & Technology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Multimedia Development
- IT (Courseware Engineering)
- Nano Science & Technology
- Laser Technology
- Water Resources & Hydraulic Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Computer Technology
- VLSI Design & Micro Electronics
- Illumination Technology & Design
- Water Resources & Hydraulic Engineering
Department wise additional criteria
- For PG programmes in Civil Engineering (for all specialisation), minimum 2 years of experience is essential.
- For PG programmes in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering (all specilaisation) must have 65% in the qualifying examination and minimum 2 years of experience is needed.
- For PG programme in Power Engineering, those candidates who have a valid GATE score applying under this category, fulfilling all other eligibility criteria shall be considered over the candidates without a valid GATE score.
- For the PG programme in Production Engineering (both specialisation), candidates must have a valid GATE score.
Click Here to check qualifying degree of the PG courses offered at Jadavpur University.
Jadavpur University PG Admission 2020 Application Form
The candidates can fill the application form for Jadavpur University PG admission 2020 at jaduniv.edu.in. A candidate can apply for a maximum of 8 options and out of that 8 options, maximum 1 must be under Category B. The candidates need to fill the details in the application form first. After entering the details, the candidates need to upload the relevant documents. Later, the candidates have to pay the application fee and take the printout of the confirmation page.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.