Jadavpur University, Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management, offers admissions for the PhD programmes. Online applications are invited from Indian Nationals for PhD Programmes Admissions for the January-June 2019 session. The University wishes to grow further as a diverse and socially responsible learning community, providing a high quality of scholarship and equal opportunity for all. Candidates seeking admissions for PhD Programmes at Jadavpur University may fill the online application form from the University’s’ official website. For further details about PhD Programmes like eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, result and more, check out this article.
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019
Application form for the admission in the PhD programmes at Jadavpur University is available now. Candidates can apply for the admission through the admission portal. Candidates have to submit their online application form for the admission before the last date of application form submissions. Go through the schedule of Ph.D. programme admission.
|Online application form start from||04 Feb 2019|
|Last date of online application form submission||18 Feb 2019|
|Last date of submission of print out of online application||29 Apr 2019|
|List of eligible candidates||Released|
|Date of Exam||28-29 May 2019|
|Provisional list of candidates called for interview.||28 Aug 2019|
Candidates List for Interview
Provisional list of candidates called for interview has been released. Candidates can check the list from the official website or from the link provided below.
Candidates List: Click here to check the provisional list of candidates called for interview.
Jadavpur University the online application form for Admission to the PhD Programme 2019 is over now. Eligible candidates may fill the online application form from the official website of Jadavpur University or from the direct link provided on this page. Candidates are must to ensure their eligibility first before filling up the online application form. Otherwise, the application form will be rejected normally if the candidate will not found eligible for the admission.
Application process is over…!!!
Instruction To Fill The Application Form
The application form consists of the following FIVE tabs:
- Application Information & Declaration
- Personal Information
- Academic Information
- Employment Information
- Upload Photo & Signature
The applicant needs to provide relevant information for each field. Once the applicant has duly filled the form, he/she needs to perform the following tasks.
- Make the “Payment” after two Bank working days through “S.B.I iCollect” using the Application Number and applicant’s Date of Birth
- Click here to get online payment link.
- After the payment is made re-login and enters the S.B. Collect Reference number starting with “DU”
- Take print-out of the Payment receipt and duly filled Application form.
- After payment they have to submit the print out of online application along with a photocopy of online payment receipt downloaded from SBI after online payment and other testimonials as mentioned below to the office of the Dean & Secretary, Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management (opposite University Press, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032).
Documents Required to be Attached With The Application Form
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Attested copies of all mark-sheets and certificates, Madhyamik admit card/certificate for verification of age, SC/ST/ OBC-A/OBC-B /PD certificate, where applicable
- NET/SET certificate, if any.
- Online payment receipt downloaded from SBI server after online payment.
It is mandatory for the candidate to make sure that he/she is eligible for the admission or not. The eligibility criteria for admission to the PhD Programme is stated below. Intended candidates may go through the eligibility criteria in order to take admission in PhD Programme Admissions for the January-June 2019 session.
- All applicants must have completed the results of 2-Year MA/M.Sc/M.E or equivalent degree from any university/institute recognized by the UGC.
- Applicants who have obtained an MA/M.Sc/M.E or equivalent degree of less than two (2) years’ duration, must have completed at least a total of five (5) years of undergraduate and post-graduate study in a recognized university/institute.
- M.Phil students of Jadavpur University who have successfully defended their viva-voice examinations and have valid Continuing UGC Fellowship (GATE/NETJRF/RGNF/Moulana Azad and the like) may also apply.
- Click Here for more details of the PhD Programme for 2019 session.
After the successful submission of the online application form of the PhD, Programme admit card will be generated. The candidates will be issued the admit cards before a few days of the test. The admit cards will be issued by Jadavpur University on its official website. When the admit card will release by the University, we will update you immediately on this page.
The following syllabus is for Ph.D (Science) is as follows:
- Candidates can apply online through Unversity website link or the direct link provided on this page from February 4, 2019 – February 18, 2019.
- Candidates have to pay the application fees of Rs.500/- (per subject) online through SBI Collect system using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking etc.”
- After payment, the candidates have to submit the filled up application form along with a photocopy of online payment receipt downloaded form SBI after online payment and have to submit other testimonials as mentioned to the Office of the Dean & Principal Secretary, Faculty Council of Science (U.G. Science Building, Ground Floor, Jadavpur University Main Campus) along with two passport size photographs, self-attested copies of all mark-sheets and certificates, Madhyamik admit card/certificate for verification of age, SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PD certificate (where applicable)/NET/SET certificate (if any) and the candidate should submit the filled up copies of the format for forwarding of Supervisor with consent to supervise from a permanent Teacher/Scientist, and the form be forwarded by the HOD concerned.
- In case of the candidates apply through the Affiliated Institutes, the application form at first be forwarded by the Director of the Institute and then by the HOD concerned.
- Candidates will be selected through a written test.
- Applications for Ph.D.(Sc.) programme 2019-20 for Admission Test considered up to 29 th April 2019 and the Admission Test will be held in 28th & 29th May 2019 tentatively
- Institutional fellowship is not available
- The candidate who has an M.Phil (Regular two-year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil programme through a written test, or have qualified NET/SET/GATE shall be entitled to get the exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview. Proper documents must be attached with applications for exemptions from the written admission test.
Note: A candidate who has a two-year M.Phil degree from any university other than Jadavpur University will be required to submit a certificate from the competent authority stating that the selection to the M.Phil course made through a written test and that a full paper of Research Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil course. Otherwise waiver from WRET and /or course-work shall not be granted.
An applicant shall not be considered for admission if
- she/he is already enrolled in a Ph.D. programme in any other university/institute or in any other department of Jadavpur University.
- s/he is pursuing 2-Year M.Phil in the relevant subjects and/or has submitted M.Phil dissertations but either the viva-voice on her/his dissertation has not been conducted or has failed in the viva-voice examination.
After filling up the application form, the only eligible candidate will appear in the test in order to take admission in the PhD Programme at Jadavpur University. The result of the test will be compiled and announced by the University after the conduction of the test. Candidates who will appear in the test will be able to check the result from the University website or through the direct link that we will provide you on this page.
Official Website: www.jaduniv.edu.in
For more details regarding the Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2019 session-
- Download Information Brochure – Faculty of Law & Managements
- Download Notice– Faculty of Science
- Notification– Interdisciplinary studies, Law & Managements
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.