JAM 2020 Syllabus for Biotechnology (BT) – From this page candidates can download JAM Biotechnology syllabus 2020. Biotechnology (BT) is one of the 6 papers in JAM 2020. The Biotechnology (BT) test paper comprises of subjects like biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics. Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is conducted every year for admission into the Masters of Science and other postgraduates programs in science. The aspirants who opt to appear BT paper must know JAM 2020 Syllabus for Biotechnology (BT) from this page.
JAM 2020 Syllabus for Biotechnology (BT)
It is important that the candidates only stick to the syllabus that is prescribed by IITs. The important thing to note is that the syllabus of JAM varies for all the test papers, therefore you must download the syllabus of JAM 2020 as per respective subject paper only.
Recommended Books for JAM 2020 Biotechnology (BT)
You can check the list of JAM 2020 recommended books for Biotechnology (BT) from below. With the help of these books, candidates can prepare as per the syllabus of the exam.
|Concepts of Physics – H.C. Verma||Buy now|
|Introduction to Mathematical Methods in Physics||Buy now|
|Introduction to Electrodynamics||Buy now|
|IIT JAM Biotechnology Solved Papers and Practice Sets||Buy now|
|IIT-JAM: M.Sc. (Biotechnology) Previous Papers (Solved)||Buy now|
For an extensive list of books refer to this article: Books for JAM Biotechnology Preparation
JAM 2020 Biotechnology (BT) Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for JAM 2020 BT paper is as follows:
- Mode: It is an online test that is a computer based test
- Number of questions: The total number of questions in the paper is 60
- Time Duration: Candidates get 3 hours to complete the paper
- Maximum Marks: The total paper is of 100 marks
- Type of questions: the paper has 3 type of questions – MCQs, MSQs and NATs
The distribution of marks and question in the paper is given below:
|Section||Type of questions||Number of Ques and marks|
|Section -A||30 Multiple Choice Questions||10 ques of 1 marks|
20 ques of 2 marks
|Section -B||10 Multiple Select Questions||10 ques of 2 marks|
|Section -C||20 Numerical Answer Type||10 ques of 1 marks|
10 ques of 2 marks
|Total||60 questions||100 marks|
Multiple choice questions: These type of questions have 4 choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer.
Multiple Select Questions: These type of questions have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given choices.
Numerical Answer Type: The answer to these type of questions is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad available on the screen of the system.
For clear understanding of the exam pattern, download JAM previous years question papers
Preparation for JAM 2020 Biotechnology (BT) Paper
The syllabus of Biotechnology is huge and in all, it has 4 different subject in itself. Thus, the candidates opting for JAM Biotechnology should devote a good amount of time in studies and in completing the syllabus. Below are some tips to complete the syllabus of JAM 2020:
1. Make good notes from the topics in the syllabus: Once done with the understanding of the syllabus, start by compiling the notes of the topics individually. Either handwrite them, get them print out or save them online. Whichever way suits you, follow that, but be just ready with the notes of every topic.
2. Set the schedule strategically to complete the syllabus on time: Now check how many months are left for the preparation and how much the syllabus demands. Compare both of them and separate the topics which need more time to get prepared and start with those topics first. Prepare a proper time table giving sufficient time to not only studies but to your personal time including refreshment, meals and proper sleep.
3. Separate the topics that you are strong at from the topics you are weak at: When you go through the syllabus, correspondingly maintain a separate list of the topics you know and the topics you don’t know. Start by learning and understanding the basics of the topics because mugging up things will lead to confusion and this will decrease the score in the paper.
4. Manage the time allotted to each topic of the syllabus wisely: When all the above are in position; your understanding of the syllabus, all notes and time allotted to each topic, then nothing can be a hurdle in your preparation. Anything in disorder, especially your notes, will lead to agitation and irritation and this will affect the process of preparation.
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2020 is conducted by IIT Kanpur and is for the admission in masters programmes of science like M.Sc, Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D dual degree. The candidates can admission to various Indian Institute of technology- IITs, Indian Institute of Science- IISc and other top Indian Institutes through JAM. For appearing in the exam, candidates can choose only two subjects out of the 6 subjects in the exam.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.