JAM 2020 Syllabus for Geology (GG) – Candidates can download JAM syllabus for Geology (GG) from this page. Out of the 6 papers held in JAM, Geology with the paper code GG, is one for which the syllabus consists of planet earth, geomorphology, structural geology, petrology etc. Joint Admission Test for M.Sc is conducted every year for admission into the Masters of Science and other postgraduates programs in science offered by the IITs. To get the JAM 2020 Syllabus for Geology (GG) in PDF format, check this page below.
JAM 2020 Syllabus for Geology (GG)
The entire syllabus of Geology is given in PDF format via the link below. It is prescribed by the conducting IIT each year with the application brochure. The syllabus of JAM 2020 varies for all the 6 papers, and thus make sure you download the syllabus of your respective paper and prepare accordingly.
Recommended Books for JAM 2020 Geology (GG)
From below check the list of important books for JAM GG paper:
|Structural Geology by MP Billings||Click here|
|Physical Geography||Click here|
|Principals of Engineering Geology||Click here|
|Textbook of Physical Geology||Click here|
JAM 2020 Geology (GG) Exam Pattern
You can check below the exam pattern of geology paper for JAM 2020:
- Mode: The exam is held in computer based test mode
- Number of questions: The paper has a total of 60 questions
- Time Duration: 3 hours of time is allotted for each paper
- Maximum Marks: Total marks in the exam is 100
- Type of questions: Ther are 3 types of questions in the exam – MCQs, MSQs and NATs
Know the meaning of MCQs, MSQs and NATs from below:
- Multiple choice questions: Questions with 4 choices and of which one is correct
- Multiple Select Questions: Questions with 4 choices of which more than 1 can be correct
- Numerical Answer Type: Questions whose answer is to be typed in using the virtual keyboard. The answer is a signed real number.
The distribution of marks and question in the paper is given below:
|Section||Type of questions||Number of Ques and marks|
|Section -A||30 Multiple Choice Questions||10 ques of 1 marks|
20 ques of 2 marks
|Section -B||10 Multiple Select Questions||10 ques of 2 marks|
|Section -C||20 Numerical Answer Type||10 ques of 1 marks|
10 ques of 2 marks
|Total||60 questions||100 marks|
To know the exam pattern better, download JAM previous years question papers
Ways to complete the JAM 2020 Geology Syllabus
With every student having a different pace of preparation, the time taken for completion of syllabus may vary. However, here is a best way to complete the syllabus on time for all:
1. Read the syllabus and analyse it: One of the most important things before doing anything is to know the syllabus well and analyse what topics are hard for you and what are easy to cover. Cross-check the syllabus if you want from the official website as well.
2. Identify the important topics from the syllabus and do them first: Aspiring candidates can just make the list of units and topics which are coming in the exam. Then out of them separate the important topics. Start preparing them and do not miss any of those topics.
3. Time Division among the chapters: Candidates appearing for the JAM geology paper dedicate at least 10-12 hours daily for their subject to score good marks. But make sure the time is divided strategically among all the chapters in such a way that the entire syllabus is completed in the stipulated time.
IIT Kanpur is conducting Joint Admission Test for M.Sc 2020. In the exam, the candidates are given a choice of 6 papers of which they can choose any 1 or 2 papers. The 6 papers are biotechnology (BT), mathematical statistics (MS), physics (PH), chemistry (CY), geology (GG) and mathematics (MA). The exam is for admission in the M.Sc, joint M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-PhD dual degree, other post-bachelor degree programs. The exam is held in the online mode and candidates with a bachelor’s degree can apply for it.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.