Jamia Hamdard MD / MS Admission 2017 – Hamdard Institute of Medical Sciences & Research under Jamia Hamdard has issued a notification for admission to post graduate degree programme for the academic year 2017-18. Admission to MD/ MS courses will be made on the basis of marks/merit of NEET PG 2017. Candidates can check the detail of Jamia Hamdard MD / MS Admission 2017 through NEET PG like courses, seat intake, application process and some other important information on this page below.
Jamia Hamdard MD / MS Admission 2017 through NEET PG
Admission to PG Courses (MD/MS) in Anatomy, Pathology and Community Medicine at HIMSR will be made on the basis of marks/merit of NEET PG 2017. 50% of the seats are reserved for Muslim minority.
Number of Seats & Subjects
- Anatomy: 3(Three) seats
- Pathology: 3(Three) seats
- Community Medicine: 3(Three) seats
Application Form 2017
Eligible candidates are required to register online on website www.himsr.org. Prior to initiating the registration process, candidates should thoroughly read the Bulletin of Information 2017.
Certificate Required in original to register for Admission
- M.B.B.S. Degree Certificate issued by the University
- M.B.B.S. Course and conduct certificate issued by the Principal/Dean.
- Certificate of completion of compulsory rotating residential internship (CRRI) issued by the Principal or Dean.
- Migration certificate to be obtained from respective university.
- Medical Council Registration certificate for MBBS and additional qualification certificate.
- PG NEET 2017 admit card
- PG NEET 2017 score sheet
- Original and attested clear photocopy of date of birth certificate. (Eg. SSLC/HSC Marksheet)
- Four passport size colour photographs for issue of identity card and for University registration.
- Proof of identity (Passport /Voter ID /Driving License/Aadhaar card).
- PAN Card , if available
All Admission shall be based on the eligibility as per the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET PG 2017). The candidate must be an Indian National.
- A candidate who holds MBBS degree from a medical college recognized by MCI or a foreign medical degree included in the schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and who has obtained full registration from the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils after completing compulsory rotating internship shall be eligible for admission to HIMSR.
- Candidates who have obtained their MBBS from colleges which are not recognized by Medical Council of India will not be granted admission.
- An Indian National who qualified from a Foreign University/School must produce an eligibility certificate recognizing the qualifying examination as equivalent to MBBS, as recognized by Medical Council of India. This may be obtained from the The Secretary, Medical Council of India (MCI), Sector-8, Pocket-14, Dwarka- 1, New Delhi-110075.
- Medical Graduates and Interns who are likely to complete Internship Training on or before 31st March, 2017 from MCI recognized Medical colleges in India must apply online.
- No condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be accepted unless approved by the Medical Council of India along with necessary proof of the approval of the Medical Council of India. The condonation of compulsory rotating internship shall be restricted to the period up to 31.03.2017 and not beyond that date.
- Registration with the MCI / State Medical council is necessary and its documentary proof shall be furnished at the time of counselling
Age Limit – There is no Upper age limit for admission to PG Medical courses.
The selection for admission to the MS/MD postgraduate courses in Anatomy, Pathology & Community Medicine in Jamia Hamdard shall be based strictly on basis of All India overall rank obtained in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Postgraduate (NEET) 2017 conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. The procedure for selection is as follows:
- The merit list shall be prepared as per NEET score/ All India overall rank of the candidates. The candidates applying in Jamia Hamdard on the prescribed application form are required to clearly indicate their NEET Registration Number and Roll Number.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MS/MD Course, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in ‘National Eligibility cum-Entrance Test Postgraduate 2017 examination. However, in respect of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All-India common merit list in ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MD/MS postgraduate course’.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination on or before the date of admission. Candidate not reporting for admission and completing the admission formalities including deposit of fee etc. on the date and time fixed for admission, would forfeit his/her claim for admission and the seat so vacant will be offered to the next candidate on merit basis subject to his/her eligibility
- The candidates are required to fulfil all the eligibility criteria in terms of the education, age and such other eligibility conditions including deposit of the fee on the date and time of admission as specified in the selection list of admission.
Medical Examination: The selected candidates shall have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board set up by the HIMSR, consisting of Faculty members of the Institute. If, in the assessment of the Medical Board, a candidate is found medically unfit to be admitted to the course, then his/her candidature for admission will be rejected and he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board in this regard shall be final. The university shall not consider any other medical certificates except the certificate given by the Medical Board of HIMSR. In case, of such forfeiture the seat fell so vacant, shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.
- Admission Fee (One Time) : Rs. 10000
- Enrolment Fee (One Time) : Rs. 5000
- Library Deposit (Refundable): Rs. 8000
Annual tuition fee
- Anatomy- Rs 15 lakh
- Pathology- Rs 20 lakh
- Community Medicine- Rs 16 lakh
Stipend for PG Trainees: A P.G. Resident/P.G. Demonstrator is entitled to receive a stipend every month during the course of the training;
- 1st year: Rs.76,000/-
- 2nd year: Rs.78,280/-
- 3rd year: Rs.80,628/-
For more details of Jamia Hamdard MD / MS Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.