Jammu University MBA Admission 2018 – The University of Jammu has invited applications for admission to the Master of Business Administration for the academic year 2018-19. The candidates who have appeared in CAT (2018)/ AIMA-MAT (May 2018/ September 2018/ December 2018) or are appearing in AIMA-MAT (Feb 2019) are desirous of seeking admission to MBA programme of the University of Jammu. Details of MBA Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria and other necessary information are given on the page.
Offered programme: MBA
The Application Forms are available in The Business School on all working days between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. against a Bank Draft of Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of the Director, The Business School, University of Jammu, Jammu payable at Jammu. The prospective candidates may choose to download the application form from the website, Such application/s must be accompanied by Bank Draft as per above.
- Candidates must have to fill the CAT/MAT registration number on the Application form.
- Candidates must attach all the required documents in a sequencing manner .
- Application forms without demand draft will not be accepted.
- Firstly the seats will be filled on the basis of CAT Score ,if the Seats left vacant the MAT Score will be Considered .
University of Jammu uses CAT score for short-listing the candidates for Postgraduate Programme in Management (MBA). IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the Programme. Also, IIMs reserve the right to change or cancel any test centre/venue and/or change the CAT Test Window time and dates at their own discretion. Further that, CAT score constitutes one of the parameters of selection, besides other components related to selection as per the statutes governing the MBA Programme/ Admission norms as specified for the Course by the University of Jammu.
*Affiliation is extended on year to year basis. The complete list of institutions affiliated to the University of Jammu for the year 2018-19 will be displayed at the time of centralized allotment of seats.
The prospective candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 pattern) with at least 50% marks of equivalent CGPA (40% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes as per the norms of University of Jammu), in any discipline from a recognized Indian University or any other equivalent examination with 50% marks. The candidates who have appeared or are appearing in the final year Bachelor’s Degree Examination in 2018 or as the case may be, can also apply provisionally.
However, such candidates shall have to produce the proof of having appeared and/or passed their Bachelor’s Degree Examination with the requisite percentage or marks by the date as may be specified by the University of Jammu.
|The Business School University of Jammu||
|Kathua Campus & Bhaderwah Campus, University of Jammu|
|Private Institutes affiliated* to University of Jammu|
The seats shall be filled as per the norms of the University of Jammu. Besides, there is also a provision of ‘selffinancing seats’ in The Business School and the Offsite Campuses, over and above the open/reserved category seats as per the University Statutes. There is also the provision of ‘management quota seats’ in the Private Institutes/Colleges over and above the open merit seats. However, self financing/management quota seats shall also be filled strictly as per merit and as per the University norms/statutes for the same.
Selection for admission to the course shall be made on the basis of:
- Valid CAT/MAT Score
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Academic Weightage
Instruction to Candidates
- Candidates interested in seeking admission to the MBA-IB Course are required to apply separately to University of Jammu along with relevant CAT/MAT score card etc.
- Incomplete/late application forms shall be rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard
- Final selection to these courses will be strictly based on the admission process applicable for a particular course.
- Please attach a Character Certificate (latest) from the Head of the Institution last attended or from a Gazetted Officer.
- Please make it sure that you have written your name, address, CAT/MAT Registration number (if applicable), the telephone number etc. at the prescribed columns in the application form.
- No certificate shall be entertained after the form is received in the Centre. Details of enclosures must be specified.
- The candidates called for group discussion and personal interview shall have to produce all the required certificates in original, along with photocopies of the same and copy of CAT/MAT score card (if applicable), failing which their candidature shall not be considered.
- If a selected candidate fails to produce original certificates and deposit the required fee within the specified period, his / her selection to the course shall be canceled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be allotted to the candidate next in order of merit.
- The candidates in their own interest should remain in touch with the Centre regarding the declaration of result/selection list(s) and other admissions-related information.