Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology, Guna has released notification for eligible candidates to direct admission to 2nd year (III Semester), Full time B.Tech Programme through Lateral Entry for the academic year 2017-18. Candidates can fill their application for admission in said course as per schedule date. Candidates can check the complete information of Jaypee B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Mechanical Engineering (MEC)
Jaypee B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2017
Interested and Eligible candidates can fill their application as per schedule mention. Few seats are available for admissions in second year (3rd semester) of B.Tech. Programmes in Chemical Engineering (CHE), Civil Engineering (CE), Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) & Mechanical Engineering (MEC). The number of students admitted shall be solely dependent upon the performance of the candidates and minimum cut of limit applied by the selection committee on the merit to be drawn.
Schedule for the Jaypee B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2017 is given below.
|Issue of Application Forms||15 Apr 2017|
|Last date of receipt application forms||10 Jul 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test||—|
Jaypee B.Tech Lateral Entry Application Form 2017
Application forms and Information Brochure can be procured from the Registrar, Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology, A.B. Road, Raghogarh, Distt.- Guna (MP), India, Pin 473 226 in person by payment in cash of Rs. 500/- or by post through a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- in favour of Jaypee University of Engineering & Technolog, payable at Guna. The same may also be downloaded from the university website www.juet.ac.in/admission2017.php and sent along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- mentioning candidate’s name and date of birth at the back of Demand Draft.
All filled application forms along with enclosures i.e. copies of marks sheets of 10th, 12th , B.E./B.Tech. First year/ Diploma/B.Sc. programmes will be sent on the following address:-
Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology,
A.B. Road, Raghogarh, Dist. – Guna (MP) Pin-473226
The candidates should have passed:-
- First year of B.E./B.Tech. Programme from a recognized Institution/University with 60% marks. OR
- Three years diploma programme after 10 or 10+2 in related engineering stream with minimum aggregate of 60% marks from AICTE approved / recognized State Technical Board or Technical University. OR
- Three years B.Sc. with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Computer Science or Electronics for relevant branches with minimum 60% marks.
- Candidates likely to pass the above said qualifying examinations in 2017 are also eligible to apply. However, they have to produce the pass certificates before 30th September 2017 for regularising admissions.
- Admission through Lateral Entry Scheme will be given in branches in which the candidates have passed B.E./B.Tech./Diploma/B.Sc.
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01st, 1995 (Date of Birth as recorded in the High School/Secondary Education Board/University Certificate only will be taken as authentic) are eligible to apply for admission.
Jaypee B.Tech Lateral Entry 2017 Exam Pattern
- The question paper for the entrance test will be for duration of 1:30 Hrs.
- The maximum marks will be 100.
- All the questions will be of objective type with four alternatives each.
- There will be a total of 50 questions of two marks each.
- If the question is not attempted, ZERO mark will be awarded.
- There shall be a different question paper for every branch/ specialization. Therefore, student must carefully go through the syllabus of that branch/ program and attempt the correct question paper.
The admission will be purely on merit, determined by:-
- Marks obtained in relevant examination i.e. Diploma from AICTE approved institutions, B.Sc. and 1st year B.E./B.Tech. programme from recognized UGC approved Universities.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. and B.Sc. background are required to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test 2017 conducted at JUET, Guna.
- The merit list will be displayed on the University Notice Boards and Website and candidates will be informed through letters, e-mails and SMS also.
Fee for the students being admitted in Academic Session 2017-18 through Lateral Entry Scheme is as follows:-
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 60000/- per Semester|
|Development Fee||Rs. 32500/- per Semester|
|Hostel, Mess and Laundry Charges etc.||Rs. 50000/- per Semester|
|Caution Money||Rs.10000/- Once (Refundable)|
Note: Above fee structure is subject to revision from time to time as decided by the management.
Successful placement of graduating students (Offer wise more than 100 % ) is achieved every year in reputed organizations such as Infosys, Accenture, HCL Technology, Tech-Mahindra, Wipro, Ericssion, Torry-Harris, Birla Soft, iGate, NIIT-Tech, Nuclear Soft, Sapient, Bharti Telesoft, Capital IQ, Huwai Telecom, Ansaldo Switch, Infogain, Jaypee Cement, Ambuja Cement, NOCIL, ERCOM, HOLTECH, Gwalior Chemical, CMC Meghalay, JK-Cement Jaypee Associates, Jaypee Cement, Jaypee Infra, Taj Expressway, ERA Construction, APEX-ENCON, Simplex, Kalpatru Synergy, TCE, L&T, BLKasyap, B&S Engineering Consultant, IF&LS. and others. Highest Package Offered: – Rs. 27 Lac per annum.
Jaypee B.Tech Lateral Entry 2017 Syllabus
Section A- Common for all
Electromagnetics: Laplace’s Equation, Poisson’s Equation, Maxwell’s Equations, Electromagnetic waves, Poynting vector, Reflection and Refraction of EM waves from dielectric surfaces, Total internal reflection. Optics: Interference, Diffraction and Polarization. Special Theory of Relativity: Lorentz Transformation, Length contraction, Time dilation, Mass-energy relation. Laser: Statistical Distribution, Spontaneous and Stimulated Emission, Ruby Laser and He-Ne Laser,
Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiability and Integrability of functions of real and complex variables, Taylor’s theorem, Ordinary differential equations, Multiple Integrals with applications.
Vector Analysis: Differentiation of Vectors, Gradient, Divergence and Curl. Line and Surface Integrals, Gauss Divergence theorem.
Matrices: Algebra of matrices, Inverse of a matrix, Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors.
Section- B: Only for ECE & CSE
Computer, Programming and Basic Data Structures: Introduction to computers, Structured programming in C, Data types, Control flow, Selection, Looping, Array, String, Pointer, Function, Structure, Union, Iteration, File I/O, Linked list. Number system and representation, Fixed and Floating point numbers, Binary arithmetic, Character representation, Recursion and its Removal, Stack, Queue, BST.
Basic Electric and Electronic Circuits: Analysis of simple DC and AC circuits, Resonance. Thevenin and norton theorems. Transformers and electrical machines. Basic semiconductor devices. Transistors, amplifiers, Feedback amplifiers and oscillators. OP-Amps and circuits. Boolean algebra, Logic gates and circuits, Flipflops. Shift registers and counters.
Section C: – Common to CHE, CE & MEC
Engineering Mechanics: Statics of Particles and Rigid Bodies: Fundamental laws of mechanics, Principle of transmissibility, System of forces. Centroid and Moment of Inertia. Basic Structural Analysis: Plane Truss and Frames, Method of joints and Method of section. Beams. Friction. Kinematics and Kinetics of Particles and Rigid Bodies. Work, Energy and Power. Impulse and Momentum: Linear and angular momentum.
Work Shop Practice: Introduction: Manufacturing Processes and its Classification. Carpentry Shop: Timber, Wood Working tools: Wood working machinery, joints & joinery. Fitting Shop: Study and use of Measuring instruments, Different types of files, Fitting operations: Chipping filling, Drilling and tapping. Foundry: Pattern Making, Moulding: Composition of Green , Dry and Loam sand, Methods used to prepare simple green and bench and pit mould dry sand bench mould using single piece and split patterns. Welding: Study and use of tools used for Brazing, Soldering, Gas & Arc welding. Safety precautions.
Engineering Graphics: Scales. Conic sections and Special Curves. First and third angle projection, Projection of points and lines, Projection of planes and solids. Section of Solids. Development of Surfaces. Isometric Projections. Computer Aided Drafting (CAD).
Engineering Chemistry: Molecular orbital theory and its applications in diatomic molecules. Polymers, its classification and their applications. Stereochemistry with special reference to optical isomerism. Hardness of water. Fuels. Plaster of Paris. Lubricant. Corrosion; causes and prevention.
For more details Jaypee B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.