JCECE 2020 – Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) conducts JCECE for the candidates who want to take admission in courses like B.V.Sc. & AH, B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc. (Forestry), B.Tech (Dairy Technology) etc. The test is conducted in the offline mode at the test centre situated at Ranchi only. Only those candidates can apply for JCECE who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology. Scroll down to know more about JCECE 2020 such as its application process, syllabus, eligibility, exam pattern etc.
Check the important dates related to JCECE 2020 given in the table below.
|Start of application form submission|
|Application form submission closes|
|Admit card issue date|
|JCECE 2020 exam date|
|Answer Key Releases|
Is JCECE 2020 Postponed?
JCECEB might postpone the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. This is assumed because no admission process has yet been started for JCECE 2020 due to the COVID-19 crisis in the country. So, there is a possibility of postponement of the exam in order to avoid any large gatherings at the examination centre.
According to the previous year trends, the application form for JCECE releases in the month of April. However, so far, no new information regarding the same or exam has been announced on the official website. Now, that the application form has not been released yet, it is assumed that JCECE 2020 will also be postponed.
Let’s check the previous year trends:
|Particulars||Release of application form||Exam date|
|2019||30 Apr||09 Jun|
|2018||16 Apr||28 May|
Courses Offered According to Different Subject Groups
Check the list of the courses that candidates can apply according to the subject groups they have studied in class 12th.
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture / B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry / B.Tech.(Dairy Technology)||PCM|
|B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture / B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry / B.V. Sc. & A.H. / B.H.M.S./ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)||PCB|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)Agriculture / B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry / B.V. Sc. & A.H. / B.H.M.S. / B.Tech.(Dairy Technology)/ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)||PCMB|
JCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for JCECE 2020 given below.
- Medium of the question paper: The question paper is available in English and Hindi
- Type of questions: There are multiple-choice questions in the test
- Marking Scheme: Each question carries 01 marks. For the wrong answers, -1/4 marks are deducted
Group – Wise Timings: Check the duration of the exam as per the groups selected by the candidates.
|PCM Group||3 hours 15 minutes|
|PCB Group||3 hours 15 minutes|
|PCB Group||4 hours 30 minutes|
Distribution of Questions
|Subject Group||Subjects||No. of questions|
|PCM||Physics, Chemistry &|
|PCB||Physics, Chemistry & |
|PCMB||Physics, Chemistry, Biology &|
JCECE 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for JCECE is according to class 12th CBSE syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Download the PDFs given below.
JCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Check the group wise eligibility criteria given below for JCECE 2020.
The candidate must belong to Indian nationality and must be a citizen of Jharkhand.
- For B.Tech courses (Dairy Technology and Agriculture Engineering): The candidates of any age can apply.
- For Agriculture and Forestry courses: The aspirants must be 17 years of age and maximum 22 years of age as on July 01, 2020. Age relaxation of three years in maximum age limit is given to SC / ST candidates.
- For Animal Husbandry course: The candidates must be 17 years old as on December 31, 2020.
For B.V.Sc. & AH: The candidates must have completed 10+2 in Science or equivalent with PCB and English as core subjects from a recognized board or university.
For B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture and B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry: The candidates must have completed 10+2 in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board or university.
For B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering) and B.Tech (Dairy Technology): The candidates must have completed 10+2 with PCM from a recognized board or university.
For B.F.Sc: The candidates must have completed 10+2 with PCM / PCMB from a recognized board or university.
Group Wise Educational Qualification
- PCM Group- An applicant who has passed or is appearing in I.S.C / 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics can appear in the examination for this group.
- PCB Group- An applicant who has passed or is appearing in I.S.C / 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology can appear in the examination for this group.
- PCMB Group- An applicant who has cleared or is appearing in I.S.C / 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and has Mathematics as an extra subject can appear in the examination for this group.
JCECE 2020 Application Form
Application form for JCECE releases online only at the official website of the Board, jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in. It must be noted that the name of the candidates and their parent’s name in the form must be the same as registered in 10th class certificate / I.S.C / 12th class certificate / equivalent exam. Check the process to fill JCECE application form given below.
- Click on the link given above
- Then, register by entering all the asked details like name, category, parent’s name, educational details, contact details etc.
- Next, fill the details of the test centers and course details.
- Then, upload the documents in the proper format.
- Lastly, pay the application fee and take 2-3 printouts of the submitted application form.
Application Fee: JCECE 2020 application fee can be paid via debit card / credit card / net banking. The amount specified below is as per last year’s information.
|SC / ST / Female of all categories||Rs 450||Rs 450||Rs 500|
|GEN / EWS / BC – I and II||Rs 900||Rs 900||Rs 1000|
JCECE 2020 Admit Card
JCECEB releases admit card for JCECE at its official website, jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in. Candidates can download JCECE 2020 admit card by entering the username and password. It is an important document that must be carried to the examination centre. It is not sent via post.
JCECE admit card consists of the details like:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Subject group
- Name and address of the exam centre
- Roll number
- Father’s name
Note: In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, the candidates can submit the queries to the concerned authorities in writing.
JCECE 2020 Result
JCECEB releases result for JCECE at jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in. Along with the result, the Board releases a combined merit list as well as a category-wise merit list. There is no provision for re-checking of the OMR answer sheets.
If two or more candidates obtain the same marks in the entrance test then, the tie-breaking criteria is applied to resolve the ties.
- First marks of Biology / Physics is considered.
- Then, if the tie is still there, marks of Chemistry is taken into account
- If the tie still persists, then, the preference is given to the older candidate
- Lastly, for resolving ties, the alphabetical order is followed (as per the first name)
JCECE 2020 Counselling
After the result declaration, the qualified candidates need to take part in the JCECE 2020 online counselling. There are 2 rounds of counselling. The candidates are required to pay the registration counselling fee as well.
Counselling fee: The candidates have to pay Rs 400 (Rs. 250 in case of SC/ST/ Female of all categories). It can be paid via debit card / credit card / net banking.
After the payment of registration fee, the candidates are required to appear at the concerned institute for admission with a proper set of documents. Check the list of the documents given below.
List of Original Certificates/Documents to be brought
- Admit Card, Marksheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional) of Matric or 10th
- Admit Card, Marksheet, Passing Certificate (Original I Provisional) of 12th Local Resident
- Certificate issued by S.0.0. (Civil) I D.C. of Jharkhand State
- Caste Certificate issued by S.D.O. (Civil) I D.C. of Jharkhand State (if applicable)
- Income Certificate issued by S.D.O. (Civil) I D.C.
- 1 passport size photograph
- Admit Card of Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE-2018)
- Disability Certificate issued by Medical Superintendent/CMO/ Head of Hospital
Official Website: www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
For more details on JCECE 2020, candidates can refer previous year – download notification.
FAQs for JCECE 2020
Where can I apply for JCECE 2020?
You can apply for JCECE 2020 at jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
In what mode JCECE is conducted?
JCECE is conducted in the offline mode.
Is there any negative marking in JCECE 2020?
Yes 1/4 marks is deducted in case of wrong answers.
What is the syllabus for JCECE 2020?
The questions are asked according to the class 12th CBSE syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
What type of questions in JCECE 2020?
JCECE is objective in nature which means that there are multiple-choice questions in the exam.
Can I get JCECE 2020 admit card through post?
No, the admit card for JCECE 2020 can only be downloaded via online mode only.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.