IIT Kanpur has declared JEE Advanced 2018 Result. The result has been announced on June 10, 2018. The candidates can check it from jeeadv.ac.in or the link on this page. The result of JEE Advanced 2018 states the marks and category-wise All Indin Rank (AIR) of the candidates. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, has also send SMS to candidates regarding the JEE Advanced Result 2018 announcement. Candidates who will qualify JEE Advanced 2018 will now be called for JoSAA counselling and seat allocation. The allocation of seats will be done on the basis of JEE Advanced 2018 Rank. The candidates can read the process to check JEE Advanced 2018 Result, cutoff, rank determination, and more details.
JEE Advanced 2018 Result
Earlier it was speculated that the result of JEE Advanced 2018 might be delayed. However, now it is available on time. Madras High court has given the permission to announce the result after IIT Kanpur informed that the candidates who attempted the questions will get full marks, even if they have not answered in decimal. The important dates for JEE Advanced 2018 Result and more are as follows:
|JEE Advanced 2018||Important Dates|
|JEE Advanced 2018 was held on||20 May 2018|
|IIT K will announce JEE Advanced 2018 Result on||10 Jun 2018|
Result: Click Here to check JEE Advanced 2018 Result.
JEE Advanced 2018 Cut off
Following is the JEE Advanced 2018 Cut off :
How to Check JEE Advanced 2018 Result?
The IITs only announce JEE Advanced result online. Other than that candidates do not receive it via any other medium. The steps to check JEE Advanced 2018 Result are as follows:
- Access the link available on this page.
- A window will open and it will appear as shown below.
- To login and check JEE Advanced 2018 Result, the candidates will have to enter Registration Number, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and E-mail Address.
- When all the details are entered correctly, click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Lastly, check your JEE Advanced 2018 Result and download it.
Note:- Do maintain a copy of the result. You will have to carry it during the final admission and document verification.
What to do if Forgot JEE Advanced 2018 Registration Number?
If the candidate cannot remember JEE Advanced 2018 Registration Number then they need not worry. They can get it from the following mediums:
- Check application confirmation form.
- Get it from the JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card.
- Retrieve it from the candidate login
To retrieve the registration number from the candidate login, the candidates need to click on ‘Forgot Registration No?’ link at the bottom of the candidate login. Next, the candidates will have to enter JEE Main 2018 Roll Number and Date of Birth. Click on the ‘Submit’ button and the registration number will be sent to you.
Details Regarding JEE Advanced 2018 Rank List
The rank of JEE Advanced 2018 is important because the admission is granted on the basis of rank and score. The rank fo the exam is determined on the basis of the score but only for those candidates who appear for Paper 1 and 2.
To determine the rank, IIT Kanpur considers marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics section. For this, the body will consider the marks in Physics Paper 1 and 2 as the marks for Physics section and the same shall be done for marks in Chemistry and Mathematics section. Hence, the JEE Advanced 2018 Rank list will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks in these three sections.
Tie Breaking in JEE Advanced 2018
If the rank of two or more candidates clashes then IIT Kanpur will use the following strategy to break the tie.
- Firstly, the positive marks of candidates will be checked. The candidate with higher positive marks will be allocated higher rank.
- If the tie still prevails, then the marks in Mathematics section will be checked and the candidate with higher marks will be assigned higher rank.
- Even if the steps above do not break the tie then the marks in Physics section will be used to assign the rank.
- If none of the steps above are sufficient to break the tie then the same rank will be allocated to both the candidates.
JEE Advanced 2018 Cut Off
The cutoff of JEE Advanced is used to delimit candidates for admission. In the rank list, only those candidates featured who score above the minimum qualifying marks, which for this year are as follows:
|Rank list||Minimum % of marks in each subject||Minimum Percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common Rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PWD rank list (CRL-pwd)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
Admission on the Basis of JEE Advanced 2018 Result
Candidates qualified as per JEE Advanced 2018 Result will be eligible for admission into academic programs in IITs. To secure your admission, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Passed in class 12th (or its equivalent examination) with at least 75% marks. For SC/ST/PwD candidates aggregate marks should be at least 65%.
- Must be within category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective class 12th Board examination (or its equivalent examination)
Candidates who will fulfill these eligibility requirements have to participate in joint seat allocation process (JoSA) by filling in their choices of programs. JoSAA will conduct seven rounds of seat allotment to fill the seats in IIT.
JEE Advanced 2018 Result is considered for admission in various programs like Engineering, Sciences, Pharmaceutics and Architecture in various IITs:
- Bachelors (4 year)- B.Tech, B.S., B.Pharma
- Bachelors (5 year)- B.Arch
- Dual Degree (5 year)- B.Tech- M.Tech, B.S. – M.S.
- Integrated Masters (5 year)- M.Tech, M.Sc., M.Pharm Dual Degree
JEE Advanced consisted of two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both of them were compulsory and were of duration of 3 hours each. The question paper contained objective questions on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Question paper was available in two languages: English and Hindi. You could have chosen the medium of question paper at the time of registration of JEE Advanced 2018.