JEE Advanced Exam Preparation – The exam is conducted every year after the result declaration of the JEE Main exam which is the qualifying exam to appear for JEE Advanced. The exam is conducted for admission into the most prestigious colleges of the country. The exam is conducted for candidates who seek admission in courses leading to a Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Architecture. Students just have to be focused and stick to the basics. To help you score big there are some expert preparation tips listed below.
JEE Advanced 2020 Preparation
Candidates should have full resources before they start preparing for the entrance exam.
Experts of various schools, subject matter experts, coaching centres give some expert tips for preparation of the entrance exam. Candidates can check some expert tips below.
- Try managing your time while practising previous year question paper. Distribute time accordingly give more time to sections which carry more marks.
- Complete the easy topics first and then move to difficult ones. It boosts candidates confidence which is very important when appearing for any entrance examination.
- Practice the questions as much as you can. Practise makes a man perfect. You’ll never forget things or questions you have practised. Only reading the answers makes you forget things easily.
- It is suggested by many experts that you should practise as many mock tests and previous year question paper as you can.
JEE Advanced Exam Preparation
– Reference Books
– Question Bank
– Practice Papers
– Question Papers
– Pre Exam Analysis
– Boards Cut Off for 20 Percentile
– Cut Offs – Official
– Opening and Closing Ranks
– First and Last Ranked Candidates
JEE Advanced 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the exam pattern for JEE Advanced 2020
JEE Advanced Paper 1 and 2 Exam Pattern in 2019
- Duration: 3 hours for paper 1 and 3 hours for paper 2
- Mode of the exam: Computer based test
- Papers: 2
- Parts in the papers: 3 parts in paper 1 and 3 in paper 2
Each 3 part in paper 1 and 2 has 3 sections each, which is given in the table below:
|I||MCQ questions with only 1 option correct|
|II||MCQ questions with 1 more than 1 option correct|
|III||Numerical value answers (Paper 1) Match the lists (Paper 2)|
The distribution of questions among the sections was common for both paper 1 and 2. The same is given in the table below:
|Parts||Number of questions|
Marking Pattern of paper 1 and 2
|Sections||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|MCQ questions with only 1 question||+3 for correct answers -1 for wrong answers||+3 for correct answer -1 for wrong answer|
|MCQ Questions with more than 1 correct options||+4 if all the options chosen are correct +3 If all the 4 options are correct but the candidate has chosen 3 out of them +2 If 3 or more options are correct and candidate has chosen only 2 and both are correct +1 if more than 2 options are correct and the candidate has chosen only 1 nd which is a correct answer -1 in all other cases||+4 if all the options chosen are correct +3 If all the 4 options are correct but the candidate has chosen 3 out of them +2 If 3 or more options are correct and candidate has chosen only 2 and both are correct +1 if more than 2 options are correct and the candidate has chosen only 1 nd which is a correct answer -1 in all other cases|
|Numerical value answers Paper 1 Match the lists (Paper 2)||+3 for correct answers and no negative marking||+3 for correct answers no negative marking|
Important chapters for JEE Advanced 2020 preparation
Candidates can check below some important chapters for JEE Advanced 2020 preparation. From past 3-4 years, candidates get questions from mainly these topics only.
JEE Advanced important chapters for physics
- Magnetic effects of current
- Electromagnetic induction and Alternating current
- Laws of Thermodynamics
- Ray optics
- Photoelectric effect and electromagnetic waves
- Properties of matter and fluid mechanics
- Rotational motion
- Atomic structure in modern physics
- Current Electricity
- Centre of mass conversion of momentum and collision
- Work, power and energy
JEE Advanced important chapters for chemistry
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Coordination Compounds
- p-Block Elements
- General organic chemistry
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Atomic structure
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Phenols, Haloarenes and phenols
- Biomolecules and Polymers
- Alkanes Alkenes and Alkynes – Hydrocarbons
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds – Aldehydes and Ketones
JEE Advanced important chapters for Mathematics
- Definite integration
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Matrices and Determinants
- Area Under Curves
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Equation
- Three-Dimensional Geometrical System
- Application of Derivatives
Preparation tips by toppers for JEE Advanced 2020
Everyone wants to know what was the strategy followed by the candidate who topped the exam. Below are some tips and tricks by toppers for JEE Advanced 2020.
- Divide time between sections – Candidates should divide the time wisely. Try attempting those questions only you are sure about.
- Syllabus and Preparation material – It is important to understand the requirements of the entrance exam to start preparing for it. JEE Advanced has given its particular set of syllabus for the entrance exam in the official brochure.
Practising with mock test and previous year papers – Candidates should make it a habit to practise mock tests daily. Practising mock tests gives an idea of the exam pattern. It gives you a habit of attempting exam in online mode.
Other JEE Preparation Articles
#1. How to Study for JEE Advanced – Last Month Revision Schedule
#2. IIT JEE Advanced – 10 Simple Ways to Handle Pressure Before IIT JEE
#3. IIT JEE Advanced Expert Revision Strategy
#4. IIT JEE Advanced Sure Shot Formula for Success
#5. 7 Must Dos a Day before IIT JEE Advanced to Ensure Success
#6. For JEE Aspirants – 7 Things to learn from the IIT JEE Advanced
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.