JEE Advanced AAT Syllabus for 2021 / 2022 for AAT – From this page, candidates can download the syllabus for Architecture Aptitude Test. This detailed syllabus depicts the important topics and chapters that candidates are required to prepare for AAT. The syllabus for JEE Advance 2021 AAT specifies the topics from 5 sections. Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is conducted for granting admission in B.Arch course at two IITs. Check the pdf of AAT syllabus 2021 and other important information related to it here.
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2021/2022 for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
IIT Delhi provides the syllabus for JEE Advanced AAT at its official website. However, we have provided the PDF to download for the students who have to appear for AAT 2021.
|Exam Name||Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)|
|Applicable for||Year 2021 and Year 2022|
The aim of the exam is to test the architectural capabilities of the candidate. A particular syllabus is provided by the conducting institute for AAT. Candidates can check and download the PDF of the syllabus given via the direct link below. Get the details here –
This would comprise of simple drawing depicting the total object in its right form and proportion, surface texture, relative location and details of its component parts in appropriate scale. Common domestic or day-to-day life usable objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
Exercises in geometrical drawing containing lines, angles, triangles, quadrilaterals, polygons, circles, etc. Study of plan (top view), elevation (front or side views) of simple solid objects like prisms, cones, cylinders, cubes, splayed surface holders, etc.
Understanding and appreciation of three-dimensional forms with building elements, colour, volume and orientation. Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
Composition exercise with given elements. Context mapping. Creativity check through the innovative uncommon test with familiar objects. Sense of colour grouping or application.
General interest and awareness of famous architectural creations – both national and international, places and personalities (architects, designers, etc.) in the related domain.
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus for Other Subjects
Candidates can also check the syllabus of Physics, Maths and Chemistry from the links below:
Topics in JEE Advanced Syllabus 2021/2022 for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
Candidates can check below the topic included in AAT 2021 syllabus:
- Freehand drawing
- Geometrical drawing
- Three-dimensional perception
- Imagination and aesthetic sensitivity
- Architectural awareness
How to complete AAT 2021 Syllabus efficiently
Candidates should collect all the resources required to prepare for AAT 2021
- Candidates should do more focus on important topics and last year question papers. It would help them to understand the question paper properly.
- Candidates should collect important books, should know the syllabus and exam pattern properly.
- Divide sections and then start studying, start completing important topics first.
- In the last months candidate should practise more test papers and mock tests as it will increase their speed.
AAT 2021 Preparation and Tips
Candidates can check below some expert tips and tricks for preparation for AAT 2021
The test consists of one paper conducted in a duration of 3 hour. The test will only be conducted in english language.The test comprises of topics such as freehand drawing, Geometrical drawing, three dimensional perception and imagination
NOTE: Candidates have to carry their own drawing and sketching box for the exam. Authorities are not responsible to provide any material.
- Proper time management: Make sure you decide well in advance which section has to be prepared first and then, move ahead with your preparation.
- Check the syllabus carefully: Before appearing in the examination, make sure to observe the syllabus properly. Check important topics and chapters and then start your preparation.
- Prepare from good study material: The candidates are required to prepare from best available in the market. Make sure the book you study from has the concepts clearly stated in it.
- Watch Youtube videos: If any concept is not clear to you, then, search about that topic on youtube and watch the video regarding that concept.
- Practice previous year question papers: For appearing the examination, it is important to practice the previous year question papers. So, practice from them and then appear for the examination.
- Revise: This is the most important technique to score well in the examination. The candidates are required to every topic time and again in order to remember the details on the day of examination.
How is JEE Advanced different from JEE Advanced 2021 Architecture Aptitude Test?
Check the information provided here to distinguish between JEE Advanced and JEE Advanced Architecture Aptitude Test.
|JEE Advanced 2021||JEE Advanced AAT 2021|
|Pre-requisites: To appear in JEE Advanced test, candidates need to qualify JEE Main first and math the minimum cut-off.||Pre-requisites: To appear in AAT, it is mandatory to qualify JEE Advanced.|
|Subjects: After qualifying JEE Advanced, the candidates can take admission in courses like B.E./ B.Tech, B.S, Dual Degree.||Subjects: After qualifying AAT, the candidates can take admission in B.Arch course.|
|No. of papers: There are 2 papers in JEE Advanced 2021||No. of papers: There is only one paper required to qualify for AAT.|
|Programme duration: The duration of the programme is 4 / 5 years||Programme duration: The duration of Architecture programme is 5 years.|
Some Important Books to Refer for the Preparation of AAT
Check the list of the important books to prepare for AAT given below.
|NATA, JEE B.Arch / B.Plan Entrance Exam 2021||Buy Here|
|Study Guide for B.Arch 2021||Buy Here|
|NATA / B.Arch Architecture Entrance Question Bank||Buy Here|
|NATA & B.Arch Complete Study Material: Entrance Examination||Buy Here|
|Steps to Architecture : B.Arch (NATA / JEE Main Exam Guide)||Buy Here|
|JEE Advanced (For B.Arch / B.Design Aptitude Test)||Buy Here|
JEE Advanced AAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for JEE Advanced 2021 AAT.
- Duration: The duration of the test is 3 hour
- Medium of question paper: The test will be displayed in English language
- Number of papers: AAT is going to have only one paper
About Architecture Aptitude Test
JEE Advanced 2021 Architecture Aptitude Test will be conducted by IIT Delhi (AAT) this year. It is mandatory to qualify JEE Advanced before appearing for AAT. This test is conducted for the students who want to take admission in B.Arch at IIT Kharagpur or and IIT Roorkee only. The test is conducted for the duration of 3 hours in total. The test consists of the questions on topics related to Freehand drawing, Geometric Design, Architectural Design etc.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.