The biggest engineering entrance examination, JEE Main 2018, is due to be held on April 8, 15 and 16, 2018. More than 10 lakh candidates are expected to apply this year and if you are one of them then all you need to know about JEE Main registration is given on this page.
Submitting correct information in application form is important. Every year, numerous candidates are only able to appear for the examination by filling valid details in form – like uploading image of correct format, ensuring all fields are filled, and so on. As the old saying goes, precaution is better than cure. So, know everything about the registration here and then apply for JEE Main 2018 between December 01, 2017, to January 01, 2018.
Are you eligible for JEE Main 2018?
First and foremost, you need to ensure if you are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2018 or not. CBSE has clearly mentioned in the information brochure that only an eligible applicant will be allowed to appear for the exam. Hence, it is fruitful to apply and pay the application fee if one can appear for the examination.
JEE Main is statistically biggest engineering entrance exam in India. However, it is advisable to apply to few other engineering entrance exams along with JEE. Some prestigious institutes have already released application forms for admission 2018-2019. You can apply for them here.
The norms of eligibility that you need to satisfy are:
- Your date of birth should be on or after October 01, 1993. However, if you belong to ST / SC / PwD category then you get relaxation of 5 year, hence, should be born on or after 1988.
- You must have passed class 12th (or equivalent) in the year 2016 or 2017 or appearing for it 2018. In 12th, you must have had at least 5 subjects.
- Each candidate is only entitled to three attempts in JEE Main. These attempts are consecutive. Those of you who have appeared for JEE Main earlier as well, do count your attempts.
This is all-sufficient if you want to appear for JEE Main 2018, but JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for NITs / IIITs / CFITs / SFIs admission is more specific.
Click here for complete eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2018.
Documents To Apply For JEE Main 2018
Now you must be knowing if you are eligible or not. So, the next step is to check if you have Aadhaar card or not. From last year, CBSE has made Aadhaar a mandatory requirement.
So, if you don’t have Aadhaar card then do get it. You can get it online from uidai.gov.in or get it from any Aadhaar facilitation centers established by CBSE, esp for candidates of JEE Main.
Certain important point that you need to know about Aadhaar requirement are:
- Candidates from Assam, Meghalaya, and Jammu & Kashmir do not need Aadhaar Card. They can apply on the basis of Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number, or on the basis of any other Government ID proof.
- Secondly, candidates who will apply for Aadhaar card at the facilitation center will get a 14 digit Enrollment Number, with the help of which candidates will be able to apply.
- If the facility to enrol for Aadhaar will not be available then the candidates will be issued a registration number which is to be put in the place of the Aadhaar Number.
Apart from Aadhaar, candidates will also need to few other documents while filling the application form.
Some documents are to be uploaded by the candidates, whereas, other documents will be needed in order to enter the correct details.
You can check the complete list from the table below:
Use these documents to verify data (date of birth, names of candidate and parents as in official documents, name and address of school). Some of these are supporting documents which help you claim relaxation / eligibility under categories.
|Name of document||Purpose|
|SSC (class 10) or equivalent mark sheet||Date of birth|
|HSC (class 12) or equivalent mark sheet||Spellings of names, school name and address|
|Aadhaar Card||Enrolment number|
|Passport / Voter ID / Other Govt ID proof||ID number if Aadhaar not applicable|
|Documents in support of education, finance details of parents||Could be useful to fill education, nature of work, salary details|
|Category certificate||Ensures you are eligible for that category if not general|
|PWD certificate||Ensures you are eligible for PwD category if applicable|
Upload Purpose Documents
You will have to upload scanned copies of some documents, they are:
|Name of document||Specification|
|Photograph of candidate||JPEG, 4 to 40 KB, 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature of candidate||JPEG, 1 to 30 KB, 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Signature of parent / guardian||JPEG, 1 to 30 KB, 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
Now that you know it all about the documents required the next most important thing to know is the significance of correct details. It is very important to submit authentic information in the application form.
In regard to JEE Main 2018 Application Form, authentic information means information as per the required particulars. Yes, CBSE is very particular about what is to be submitted in the application.
Enter Authentic Information In JEE Main 2018 Application Form
Check the fields that you need to fill in the application form, below:
- Nationality – Indian / OCI / PIO / Foreign
- State of Eligibility – Know about state of eligibility here.
- Candidate’s Name – As per ID proof
- Date of Birth – As per ID proof
- Gender – Male, female or transgender
- Applying For – JEE Main Paper 1 or JEE Main Paper 2 or Both
- Mode of Exam – Pen and Paper or Computer Based
- Choice Exam Center – As per list of exam centers
- Medium of Question Paper – Hindi / English / Gujarati
- Mother and Father’s Name – As in their official documents (within 46 characters)
- Category – General / OBC / ST / SC / PwD
- Person with Disability – Yes or No. Mention percentage of disability of yes is the answer.
- Whether You Need Scribe / Reader – Yes or No but read instructions.
- In Case of Girl Candidates, Are You the Only Child of Your Parents – Yes or No
- Place of Residence – Do you live in a rural or urban area.
- Complete Mailing Address – It should be the current one because the Pin code of mailing address will also be required.
- Year of Passing Class 10th or its Equivalent – Between 2000 to 2016
- Place of 12th Class Schooling – Here the name of the village, town, or city is to be mentioned.
- Year of Passing 12th – 2016, 2017, or 2018.
- Details about Class 12th – Like Roll Number is to entered if provided by the School Board.
- Qualification of father – Highest education, as in their documents.
- Occupation of father – Choose the most suitable option.
- Annual income of father – There will be numerous income slab. Choose the most appropriate one.
- Qualification of mother – As per the certificates
- Occupation of mother – Choose others option is she is a homemaker.
- Annual Income of mother – Choose among the income slab
- Declaration by the Candidates – You need sign it to ensure that you have read the term and conditions and agree with it.
- Declaration by Father / Mother / Guardian – The parents need to ensure that the data submitted by their ward is authentic and if any error is found then she / he will be disqualified.
Oh yeah!..quite a lot details are to be submitted in the application form but filling it correctly in one go is worthwhile.
The correct procedure to apply for JEE Main 2018 is that candidate first needs to register and fill details and upload documents in the application form.
For online registration, you will be needing following:
Once the registration is done, the candidates can submit the details correctly, following which they will be required to upload the above-specified documents.
The registration will end with payment of application fee.
The fee for JEE Main 2018 varies as per the category and number of Papers opted for.
Hence, it is advised that the candidates check the amount for payment carefully. You can check the application fee amount from the table below:
The amount of fee can be paid online, via NET Banking or Debit / Credit Card. With the payment of the application fee, the application process will end and the candidates will get a JEE Main Application Number.
The application number is important so keep it safe.
However, if you lost it then you may retrieve it from the login. The facility to retrieve password will also be provided by the Board.
One important factor to be taken care of after the fee payment is to choose the slot for the examination. Yes, slot booking is available this year but only for those candidates who opt for Computer Based Mode of JEE Main. The booking facility will be available after the fee payment. The candidates will have to choose date and time for the exam. The slots of JEE Main 2018 are:
- On April 15, 2018 – Shift I will be from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and Shift II will be from 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm.
- On April 16, 2018 – Shift I will be from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm and Shift II will only be held if it is required.
- In Dhaka, Kathmandu, Singapore, Colombo, Bahrain, Dubai, Sharjah, Muscat, Riyadh, Qatar, and Dhaka the exam will only be April 15, 2018.
Download Acknowledgement Page After You Apply For JEE Main 2018
We will also advise that you also download the confirmation page and save it in soft, as well as hardcopy format. Many a times, candidates need to cross the information or need to find Application Number and Password. At those cases, confirmation page is the easiest mode to seek the information. In addition to this, candidates might also have to carry it in future. So, do keep it safe.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.