Central Board of Secondary Education successfully conducted the JEE Main 2018 in online mode today. JEE Main 2018 online paper was held in two shifts: first from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm, second from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm.
JEE Main 2018 online paper review of exam held on 15th April 2018, in short would be that chemistry was easiest, physics was tough for some and moderate for others, math was moderate to tough. There was no difference in difficulty level of online paper compared to offline one. CBSE will now release JEE Main 2018 Answer Key on April 24, 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Online Paper Review: Summary
- There were three sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Each had 30 questions.
- All questions were multiple choice questions with single answer correct.
- Marking scheme was +4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer, 0 for unattempted question.
- Chemistry – Easy
- Physics – Medium to Tough
- Math – Medium to Tough
- Overall difficulty was medium and similar to that of JEE Main 2018 offline exam held on 8th April 2018.
- CBSE will declare JEE Main 2018 Result on April 30, 2018.
Did you appear in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018? Tell us your review of the exam in comments below!
JEE Main 2018 Online Paper Review: Mathematics
According to few students, Mathematics was not really difficult but also not very easy. Some felt it was a bit lengthy, however, not exorbitantly so. There were said to be many questions on conic sections.
- Calculus was toughest
- Conics was easy but lengthy
- Algebra was tricky
- Vector 3D was very easy
JEE Main 2018 Online Paper Review: Chemistry
Students find it easiest to score in Chemistry. Though this also means that one has to score very high in Chemistry to get ahead in the race. Some of the questions that were asked in the exam were
- % of p character in Diamond and Graphite
- Arrangement in anti ferromagnetic substances
- Application on faradays law
- I3–, NH3,PH3,BF3 bond angle order
- Ni(CO)4 structure
- Order of Nitration of aromatic compounds
- Question on collides
- Radius order of o2–,f-,ne,na+mg2+
- Some practical question was given asked about anion?
- Which is Lewis acid? ans: BF3
- Which undergoes Hydrohalogenation
- Zwitter ion ph
JEE Main 2018 Online Paper Review: Physics
There was divided opinion on physics. Some felt it was tough, some found it moderate. Some definitive reactions said
- Questions required a lot of calculations.
- 14 questions were from class XI and 16 were from class XII.
- 3 questions were difficult or tricky, 9 were easy, 11 questions were moderate, 7 were time consuming.