JEE Main 2018 Result has been declared. CBSE has announced it for Paper 1 and Paper 2. Aspirants of B.Tech / B.E / B.Arch. / B.Plan can check their JEE Main score and rank from the links provided on this page. Candidates need roll number and date of birth to access the result login. The score, as well as, the rank has been announced via the result of JEE Main 2018. The JEE Main 2018 cutoff to qualify for JEE Advanced is CRL, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD is 74, 45, 29, 24, -35. Check more details regarding JEE Main 2018 Result from this page.
For JEE Main 2019 Result – Click Here
JEE Main 2018 Result
For now, CBSE has only announced JEE Main Paper 1 result. The result for Paper 2 of JEE Main will be available on May 31, 2018. Candidates can check the complete schedule for JEE Main 2018 result form the table below.
|JEE Main 2018||Important Dates|
|Date for JEE Main 2018 pen and paper based exam||08 Apr 2018|
|Date for JEE Main 2018 computer based test||15 and 16 Apr 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 Result will release on||30 Apr 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Cutoff Notification by CBSE
CBSE had recently released this notification announcing the cutoff marks for JEE Advanced 2018.
Rank List of JEE main 2018 by CBSE
This is how JEE Main 2018 Result for Paper 1 Looks Like
JEE Main 2018 Cutoff
There is no such thing as JEE Main 2018 cutoff. In JEE Main, everyone gets a rank, including those who score in negative. The cutoff given on the scorecard is minimum JEE Main marks to qualify for JEE Advanced. Then how to know if you will get the admission or not?
- Well, you can do so by checking the opening-closing rank. Check it from here.
And what will be the JEE Main 2018 Cutoff for JEE Advanced this year? Various experts have given their expected cutoff and you can check it from below:
|Category||Last Year’s Cutoff||Expected Cutoff by Sri Chaitanya||Expected Cutoff by Resonance||Expected Cutoff by Motion IIT|
|General||81||80||70||82 – 90|
|OBC-NCL||49||45||38||55 – 60|
|SC||32||30||28||38 – 42|
|ST||27||25||25||32 – 38|
How to Check JEE Main 2018 Result?
Follow the steps below to check JEE Main Result 2018:
- Click on the link provided on this page.
- A new window will open and it will appear as shown below:
- Once the result portal opens, enter Roll Number and Date of Birth in the provided space (check the arrow above).
- Click on the submit button and check your result.
How will be Your JEE Main Result 2018?
The scorecard or rather JEE Main 2018 Rank Card will look as shown below.
It will contain: –
- Roll Number
- Mother’s Name
- State Code of Eligibility
- Father’s Name
- Marks in Paper 1 – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Marks in Paper 2 – Mathematics, Aptitude Test, Drawing Test
- JEE Main 2018 AIR in B.E / B.Tech and / or B.Arch / B.Plan
- JEE Main 2018 Rank Category Wise
- JEE Main 2018 Cutoff Marks for JEE Advanced
Note: Download your JEE Main 2018 Rank Card and keep it safe until the end of the admission process. During the counselling you will have to carry your JEE Main 2018 Rank card. It is important to note that the rank card will not be sent via SMS or e-mail to the candidates.
How is JEE Main Result (Score and Rank) Prepared?
The score of JEE Main is prepared on the basis of the marking scheme. Which is 4 marks for a correct answer and deduction of 1 marks for an incorrect answer. On the other hand, the Rank of JEE Main is prepared on the basis of marks in the exam.
Earlier class 12th scores were also used in JEE Main but now the rank is only made on the basis of score in JEE.
JEE Main 2018 Tie Breaking Method (Inter-Se Merit)
There arises a possibility that while detremining the rank tie happens. To break the tie, following process is used.
Rank list for admission to B.E. /B. Tech. (in institutions other than IITs)
- Mathematics marks in JEE (Main) – 2018. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Physics marks in the JEE (Main) – 2018. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
- If the resolution is impossible after this criterion, candidates will be offered the same rank.
Rank list for admission to B.Arch. /B. Planning (in institutions other than IITs)
- Aptitude Test marks in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main) – 2018. Candidate acquiring higher marks will be given better rank.
- Drawing Test marks in Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) in JEE (Main) – 2018. Candidate having the higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate gaining higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.
Statistics of JEE Main 2018 Result
JEE Main 2018 result statistics will be available on April 30, 2018.
Last year’s statistics of JEE Main were as follows.
JEE Main Highlights Numbers
|1||Boys who registered for offline exam||856897|
|2||Girls who registered for offline exam||329554|
|3||Boys who registered for online exam||137098|
|4||Girls who registered for online exam||46574|
|5||Total candidates who registered||1186454|
|6||Boys who appeared for offline exam||692559|
|7||Girls who appeared for offline exam||264156|
|8||Boys who appeared for online exam||125249|
|9||Girls who appeared for online exam||40385|
|10||Boys who qualified for JEE Advanced||175267|
|11||Girls who qualified for JEE Advanced||46160|
Seat Allocation and Admission Process
For past few years, JoSAA has been conducting counselling for JEE Main 2018. However, as per an official notice, CSAB will conduct JEE Main 2018 Counselling this year. Candidates will first have to register and then submit thier choices for the course and the college. On the basis of their JEE Main rank, seat shall be allocated to them.https://admission.aglasem.com/jee-main-2018-admit-card-answer-key-result/
About JEE Main 2018
Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) conducts Joint Entrance Examination – Main (JEE-Main) in India. Previously, the exam was known as All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). However, in the year 2012, it was decided that it will be called as JEE Main and IIT-JEE will be called as JEE Advanced.
To sum up, 31 National Institutes of Technology (NIT) and 23 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) all of them accepts JEE- Main. This time the exam will be held on April 8th, 2018 (for Pen & Paper based examination) and again on April 15th & 16th (for Computer based examination).
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main 2018 Result, please ask in comments below.