JEE Main 2019 Application Form – The registration and application form submission for the JEE Main 2019 April exam ended on March 07, 2019 at 11:50 PM. The form correction window is open until March 15, 2019. The first time registering candidates had to register first and then fill the application form. However, the candidates who have already registered for the January exam, could skip the registration and log in directly to fill the application form. The payment had to be completed in the online mode. Check more details on JEE Main 2019 Application Form, fee, process, etc from this page
JEE Main 2019 Application Form
The application form of JEE Main 2019 April Exam is mandatory to be filled and submitted before the last date to be able to get the admit card to appear in the exam. The 10+2 qualified or appearing candidates can apply for JEE Main 2019. Check the JEE Main 2019 Application form date herein:
|JEE Main 2019 Application Form||Important Dates|
|JEE Main Application Form 2019 releasing on||08 Feb 2019|
|Last date to submit JEE Main 2019 Application Form||07 Mar 2019|
|Image correction login opens||07 Mar 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Form correction||11 to 15 Mar 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 exam date, city, and shift allotment||21 Mar 2019|
|JEE Main II 2019 exam date||07, 08, 09, 10, 12 Apr 2019|
- Apply Here: Click Here to Apply for JEE Main 2019 April examination (over)
JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction
The candidates who have already applied for the April exam can avail the facility to edit or correct their application form from March 11 – 15, 2019. The candidates are given one last opportunity to make any correction in this period. Note that, after this window closes, no other opportunity is available for any corrections.
New: The candidate who comes under the EWS quota can also claim this quota in the application form during the form correction window. This can be done by both the January registered candidates and the April registered candidates.
JEE Main 2019 Application Fees
Fresh and already registered candidates need to pay the application fee of JEE Main 2019. The amount of fee is as follows:
|Papers||General / OBC||SC / ST / PWD / Transgender / Female of All Category|
|1 or 2||Rs. 500||Rs. 250|
|1 and 2||Rs. 900||Rs. 450|
|1 or 2 in Foreign Country||Rs. 2000||Rs. 1000|
|1 and 2 in Foreign Country||Rs. 3000||Rs. 1500|
Mode of Payment: The application fee for JEE Main 2019 can be paid via following mediums:
- Online Mode: Credit Card, Debit Card or Net banking.
- E-Challan: Deposit the cash through e-challan at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Documents Required for Filling in Details in JEE Main 2019 Application Form
Here we have provided the checklist of documents which you will require for filling out JEE Main 2019 Application Form.
- ID Proof – Aadhaar Number / Aadhaar Enrolment Number / Student ID / Passport / Ration Card Bank / PAN Card / Account Other Valid Govt Identity Voter Id PAN Card.
- Email ID – It should be functional and your own
- Mobile Number – It is preferred that you give your own number or that of someone trustworthy.
- Class 10th / 12th Marksheet and Certificate – 10th certificates are needed to confirm the date of birth. Class 12th certificate is
- Income Certificate – Keep the income certificate ready to enter your Annual Income details
- Scanned Images – A passport size photograph and signature is to be uploaded in the JEE Main 2019 Application Form.
JEE Main 2019 Image Specification
One of the biggest cause for rejection of JEE Main application form is incorrectly uploaded images. So, do make sure that you upload image in the format below:
|Images to upload||Format||File size|
|Photograph||JPEG||10 – 200 kb|
|Signature||JPEG||4 kb – 30 kb|
Checklist for Uploading Photograph in JEE Main 2019 Application Form
✓ Photo should be coulored.
✓ If black and white then should have clear contrast.
✓ Make sure there is no red eye or glare in the photo.
✓ Selfi and polaroid photos will not be accepted.
✓ The signature should be clear and on a white sheet with either black or blue pen.
✓ Signature cannot be in all capital letters
✓ Signature should be in running hand writing.
Sample Image for JEE Main 2019 Application Form …
Note: Keep at least 6-8 copies of the identical photograph. You may need it in future. The photo uploaded in the JEE Main 2019 application form will also be displayed in the admit card of JEE Main 2019.
How to Apply for JEE Main 2019?
Let us first discuss the difference between the process to fill JEE Main application form for fresh candidates and already registered candidates.
- The Fresh candidates have to register, whereas, the already Registered candidates need not register again.
JEE Main 2019 Registration
Now, check the step by step process to apply for JEE Main 2019 from below:
Step 1 – Access JEE Main 2019 Application Form: First step to apply for JEE Main 2019 is online registration. This time there are two tabs for “Fresh Candidate Registration” and “JEE (Main) 2019 Registration Candidates”.
- Fresh Candidate Registration – This is for those candidate who did not apply for JEE Main Jan 2019 exam.
- JEE (Main) 2019 Registration Candidates – If you applied for JEE Main Jan exam then choose this tab.
After clicking on “Proceed to Apply” button, the instruction page will be displayed. Read all the instructions carefully and then click on the “Proceed to Apply Online Button”.
Step 2 – Register or Login: Now, the already registered candidates simply need to login by entering Application Number and Password.
Whereas, the New / Fresh Candidates will have to register by entering following details.
Details needed for JEE Main 2019 Registration, with the explanation.
|Details for JEE Main 2019 Registration||Explanation|
|State of Eligibility||This is the state from where you appeared for 10+2.|
|State where Class 12th School / NIOS Study Center Located||This has to be the same as state of eligibility.|
|Select Identification ID Type||Aadhaar Number / Aadhaar Enrolment Number / Student ID / Passport / Ration Card Bank / PAN Card / Account Other Valid Govt Identity Voter Id PAN Card|
|Enter Identification ID||Enter a valid one and do remember the password.|
|Candidate’s Name||As in class 10 and 12 certificates.|
|Date of Birth||As n class 10 certificate.|
|Gender||Male / Female / Transgender|
|Security Code||As displayed|
Filling JEE Main 2019 Application Form
Now, a candidate is registered and they just need to fill the application form, by following the steps below:
Step 1 – Fill in Details in JEE Main Application Form: On clicking the link, the candidates will have to fill details in the JEE Main 2019 Application Form. The details to be filled will be related to:
The details to be filled are as follows:
(A) Personal Details
- Father’s Name – As in class 10 / 12 certificates
- Mother’s Name – As in class 10 / 12 certificates
- In case of Girl candidate, Are you only child of your parents?
- Date of Birth – As in class 10 certificates
- Person with Disability (PwD)
- Are you Diabetic
- Place of Residence
(B) Exam Related Details
- Applying For – JEE Main Paper 1 or 2 or Both
- Mode of Examination – No option, only CBT
- 1st Choice of Exam City
- 2nd Choice of Exam City
- 3rd Choice of Exam City
- 4th Choice of Exam City
- Question Paper Medium – Hindi / English / Gujarati
(C) Mailing Address Details
- Locality –
- City / Town/ Village
- Pin code
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
(D) Academic Details
- Year of Passing Class 10th or its Equivalent
- School Board of Class 12th/Qualifying Exam
- Name of the Qualifying Exam passed/appearing
- Place of class 12th / Qualifying Exam Schooling
- Year of Passing or Appearing Class 12th/Qualifying Exam
- Percentage of Marks in Class 12th/Qualifying Examination
- Roll Number of Class 12th/Qualifying Exam (if allotted)
- Appeared/Appearing for Improvement of Class 12th/Qualifying Exam
- Type of Institution of Class 12th/Qualifying Exam – Government / Private
- Mode of Preparation
- Name of the School / College from where passed/appearing
- Address of the School / College from where passed/appearing
(E) Guardian Details
- Father’s/Guardian – Qualification | Occupation | Annual Income
- Mother’s – Qualification | Occupation | Annual Income
Step 2 – Review JEE Main 2019 Application Form: Once the form has been filled and submitted, the candidates will get the option to review their application. At this moment do make sure that all the entered details are correct. When sure about it, Check all the ticks for “I have verified” and click on “I Agree” and then “Submit” button.
Tick the parameters and click on “Submit” button.
Step 3 – Uploading of Images: Now, the candidates need to upload photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
Step 4 – JEE Main 2019 Fee Payment: This is the last step. Here, the candidates need to pay the application fee and make the final submit.
Note: After fee payment, the confirmation page will be generated. Make sure to save and download it.
JEE Main 2019 Payment Status
After the candidates have submitted the Application Form for JEE Main 2019, they should check the payment status of the Application Fee. The payment status can be checked online from the official website. If the status of payment is ‘OK’ then the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page. In case, the fee payment status is not ‘OK’ the candidates are advised as following:
- If the candidate paid the application fee through e-challan by depositing cash, then the candidate should contact immediately the concerned bank to update his/her fee status on the website.
- If you have paid the JEE Main 2019 Application Fee through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means that the transaction is cancelled and the amount will, automatically, be refunded to concerned credit/debit card within 7 – 10 days. Hence, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status.
JEE Main 2019 Application Form Correction
NTA begins facility for JEE Main 2019 application form correction after the registration ends. The candidates can edit almost all the details, except:
April Session Candidates Cannot Edit:
January Session Candidates Cannot Edit:
- Their Name
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- PwD Status
- Date of Birth
- State code of Eligibility
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
Candidates who will properly submit JEE Main 2019 Application Form will get JEE Main admit card 2019. The issuance will begin on March 20, 2019. Candidates will be able to download it by entering Application Number, Date of Birth / Password. Along with the admit card of JEE Main 2019, candidates will also have to carry:
- Passport Size Photograph
- PwD Certificate (If applicable)
- Valid ID Proof
Make sure that you carry JEE Main 2019 admit card as a print copy. The e-admit card will not be accepted.
JEE Main 2019 Test Centers
The exam for JEE Main 2019 is being conducted in 282 Cities (09 outside India). The candidates can check the list of JEE Main 2019 test centers from below:
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar / Naharlagun|
|Bhilai / Durg / Bhilai Nagar|
|Goa||Panaji / Madgaon|
|Palampur / Kangra|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel city|
|Manipal / Udupi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha / Chengannur|
|Ernakulam / Angamaly / Muvattupuzha|
|Kanyakumari / Nagercoil|
|Noida / Greater Noida|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh / Mohali|
|Daman & Diu||Daman|
|Delhi||Delhi / New Delhi|
|Puducherry||Puducherry / Cuddalore|
FAQs on JEE Main 2019 Application Form
Below we have answered some frequently asked questions on JEE Main 2019 application form.
Ques 1. I will be appearing for my Board’s exam in the year 2020. Can I apply for JEE Main 2019 for practice purpose?
Ans 1. Only those candidates who have their Class 12th examination in the year 2017, 2018 or those who are will appear in the year 2019 are eligible for JEE Main 2019. As per it, you cannot apply for JEE Main 2019.
Ques 2. I appeared for JEE Main 2019 Jan exam. Can I apply for JEE Main 2019 Second Attempt as well?
Ans 2. Yes, even if you have appeared for the First Attempt, you can still apply for JEE Main 2019 April exam.
Ques 3. From where can we choose the Date and Shift for the JEE Main 2019 exam?
Ans 3. The NTA randomly allots the date and shift to the candidates.
Ques 4. I made a mistake in the JEE Main Application Form. Can I submit another form?
Ans 4. No, there is no need to submit another application form for JEE Main. NTA will start the one-time form correction facility and using this, the candidates can edit/ change/ modify the details in the Application Form.
Ques 4. Will my JEE Main 2019 Application Form will be rejected if my name and date of taking the photo is not mentioned on it?
Ans 4. No, NTA will accept such application forms as well. The photograph uploaded by the candidates without Name and Date is accepted.
JEE Main 2019
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a national level test, held to allocate B.E, B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Plan seats in NITs, CFTIs, IIITs, etc. Numerous private colleges also consider score of JEE Main for admission.
Earlier, the exam was held online and offline. However, this year, JEE Main 2019 is only being held in computer-based mode. There are two Papers in JEE, 1 and 2. Paper 1 is for engineering admission and Paper 2 for architecture admission. Both the papers are of 360 marks and candidates get 90 minutes to solve the test. Marking scheme of the exam +4 for correct answers and -1 for incorrect answers.
If you have any question related to JEE Main 2019 Application Form, then ask us in the comment section below.