The National Testing Agency (NTA) has taken over to conduct JEE Main from this year and has brought many major changes in the pattern and type of examination for candidates taking the test this year. to make it easy for the candidates here we are sharing the most important instruction that must be known by candidates appearing for the test. The major change is that the examination is to be conducted twice a year in two different sessions that are one in January and the other session in April 2019. The examination to be held in January is from January 06-20, 2019. To get the complete schedule and all-important instructions for JEE Main 2019 keep reading!
JEE Main 2019 Bell Time Schedule and Important Instructions
As the examination is a computer-based test(CBT) and there are almost 9.5 lakhs candidates taking the tests just in one session that is in January 2019, NTA is conducting the examination in two different shifts. The complete schedule for JEE Main 2019 session is given in the table below.
JEE Main 2019 Schedule explained here !!
|Dates of Examination||06 Jan 2019 (Sunday) to 20 Jan 2019 (Sunday)|
|Timing of Examination||First Shift: 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m||Second Shift: 2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.|
|Duration of Examination||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|(a) Entry in the Examination Centre||7.30 a.m. – Up to 8.30 a.m.||12.30 p.m. – Up to 1.30 p.m|
|(b) Entry in the Examination Hall/Room||8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m.||1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.|
|Checking of Admit Cards by the Invigilator||9.00 a.m. to 9.15 a.m.||2.00 p.m. to 2.15 p.m.|
|Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall||9.15 a.m.||2.15 p.m.|
Instructions by the Invigilators
|9.15 a.m. to 9.25 a.m.||2.15 p.m. to 2.25 p.m.|
|Test Commences||9.30 a.m.||2.30 p.m.|
|Test Ends||12.30 p.m.||5.30 p.m.|
As can be seen in the table above the pattern and timings the test is provided for candidates. Here let us understand in details the importance and meaning of the timings in the schedule:
- There are two shifts in which the examination is to be conducted that is morning from 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m and an afternoon shift from 2.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Entry in the Examination Centre: Candidate has to be there at the examination center as per the time assigned by NTA so that there is no confusion or chaos created at the center.
- Entry in the Examination Hall/Room: The candidates will have to check the roll number in the admit card and as per the seating arrangement will have to enter the classroom, that is morning shift: 8.45 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. Afternoon shift: 1.45 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- Checking of Admit Cards: The invigilator’s the particular rooms will check the admit card and other documents in the time allotted to them.
- Sitting on the seat in the Examination Hall: till 9:15 a.m for the morning shift and 2:15 p.m for afternoon shift candidates will have to sit in their respective places.
- Instructions by the Invigilators: The invigilator will then instruct the candidates about the test and other mall details to be filled in the attendance sheet.
- Test Commences: Test will then start from 9:30 for the morning shift and 2:30 for the afternoon shift.
- Test Ends: The time allotted for the test is 3Hours for both the shifts and there the morning shift will end at 12:30 p.m and afternoon shift will end at 5.30 p.m.
JEE Main 2019 Important Instructions
- Candidates must start to download the admit card from December 17, 2019, from the official website only.
- It must be noted that admit cards will not be sent through post to any candidate.
- Candidates will have to appear for the examination as per the exam time and shift mentioned in the admit card only.
- In case a candidate is not able to download the admit card or in case of any discrepancy, approach the Help Line between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from 10.12.2018 to 16.12.2018.
- Candidates must carry the admit card, one passport size photograph and any one authorized photo identification proof to the examination center.
- Candidates shall not be permitted to enter the Examination Center after 8:30 a.m.
in the first shift and after 1:30 p.m. in the second shift.
- Calculations are to be done only on the rough sheets provided by NTA on the test center also after the completion of test candidates will have to return the used rough sheets to the invigilator.
- Any kind of baggage is to the examination center.
- Any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables and Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, Blue-tooth devices, pager or any other electronic gadget/ device etc.
- Smoking, Spitting, chewing is strictly prohibited.
- Any Instrument/Geometry/Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, Any kind of Paper/ Stationery,
Eatables/snacks and Tea/coffee/cold drinks/Water (loose or packed) are NOT allowed in the examination Room/Hall
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination all before the completion of full exam duration.
About JEE Main 2019
The national testing agency is to conduct the joint entrance examination ( JEE). The examination is conducted for candidates who have just passed their higher secondary school and are willing to be apart of any of the NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs. The candidates will be allocated seats as per the Central Seat Allocation Board only if they have secured at least 75% marks 12th or are in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination. Till 2018 CBSE was the conducting body of JEE although this year with many major changes it will be conducted by NTA.
About National Testing Agency
The National Testing Agency widely known as NTA is a registered autonomous self-sustained premier testing organization society to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. It is about to take over many of the examinations that were conducted by the Central Board Of Secondary Education(CBSE) such as JEE Main, NEET, CMAT etc as approved by the union cabinet. There are some major changes that have been brought into action by NTA and although it will not affect the examination pattern or syllabus and is for the benefits of the candidates.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.