JEE Main 2020 Application Form – NTA has opened the JEE Main Application Form Correction window after the application submission is over. Candidates can make amendments in submitted forms at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The process to make the corrections in the application form of JEE Main 2020 is the same as before. Candidates need to click on the link provided below to access the form correction page. Know more details on JEE Main 2020 application form below.
Latest:The application form correction facility will be started from July 04-15, 2020 Do form correction here.
Why NTA Has Reopened JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The last date to apply for JEE Main 2020 was March 12, 2020. However, due the global corona virus pandemic a lot of Indian students had to cancel their plans to study abroad. Hence, they requested the government to allow them to appear for the national level examination.
Hence, in the recent tweet, HRD minister Nishank announced that the online registration for JEE Main 2020 has been reopened. All the candidates can apply for it provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria. The official notice for the same is as follows:
Link to apply for JEE Main 2020 is also given below.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Around 9 to 10 lakh candidates are expected to apply for JEE Main 2020. However, now it is expected that the number of JEE Main 2020 aspirants will be higher. Check crucial dates for JEE Main 2020 application form the table below.
|JEE Main 2020 application form||Apr Dates|
|JEE Main 2020 Registration open again||19 to 24 May 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 application form correction window restarts|
|Initial release of application form||07 Feb – 12 Mar 202|
JEE Main April 2020 Rescheduling and Candidates particulars correction Notification
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NTA Has decided the JEE Main 2020 Examination will now be conducted during September 01-06, 2020. The admit card will be displayed 15 days before the examination. The application form correction facility will start from July 04 -15, 2020. A notice has been released regarding the rescheduling of the exam. Candidates can download the notice from the provided link below.
Click here to download JEE Main April 2020 Rescheduling and Candidates Particulars Correction Notification
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
All the candidates have to pay application fee for JEE Main 2020. Even those candidates who applied earlier for the January exam. The amount of JEE Main 2020 application fee is as follows:
JEE Main 2020 application fee if opting for center in India – check list of exam center for Apr exam
- CAT-1 : If applying for B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plan paper
- CAT-2: If applying for B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch or B.E./B.Tech & B. Plan or B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Plan or B.Arch & B.Plan
|Male of Gen / Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL||Rs. 650||Rs. 1300|
|Female of Gen / Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL||Rs. 325||Rs. 650|
|Male & Female of SC / ST / PwD / Trans||Rs. 325||Rs. 650|
JEE Main 2020 application fee if opting for center outside India – check list of exam center for Apr exam
- CAT-1 : If applying for B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plan paper
- CAT-2: If applying for B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch or B.E./B.Tech & B. Plan or B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Plan or B.Arch & B.Plan
|Male of Gen / Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL||Rs. 3000||Rs. 6000|
|Female of Gen / Gen-EWS / OBC-NCL||Rs. 1500||Rs. 3000|
|Male & Female of SC / ST / PwD / Trans||Rs. 1500||Rs. 3000|
Mode of payment: Candidates can remit amount of fee by Debit card, Credit card, Net Banking, UPI, or PAYTM
Deadline to Submit JEE Main 2020 Application For and Fee
The JEE Main 2020 application form submission and the deadline to pay the application fee vary. Students have to complete the process based on these deadlines or else the registration for JEE Main 2020 shall remain incomplete. The deadlines are given below:
- ⏰ Submission and completion of application form – by 5:00 PM on the last date.
- ⏰ Payment of the application fee – by 11:50 Pm on the last date.
JEE Main 2020 Image Correction Open
The image correction facility in JEE Main 2020 application form is provided to all the registered candidates. Images uploaded during the registration of JEE Main 2020, forms the basis of a candidate’s identity and is used further in the whole admission process. Therefore it is important to upload correct images as per the specification provided in the application form.
Proper Specification for Uploading Images in JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The admit card of JEE Main is only issued if the form is accepted and images are one of the biggest reasons for rejection. So, do check specifications for images before filling the JEE Main 2020 application form:
|Specification||Photo||Signature||Class 12 admit card, or|
Class 12 marksheet or
Class 12 certificate
|Size||10 kb–200 kb||4 kb–30 kb||50 kb – 300 kb|
|Remarks||Can be coloured or|
black & white
|Do in running writing style|
Must not be in all cap
|Do not upload blurred image.|
All details must be visible
Are you eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020 April?
The candidates who fulfill the below given criteria can fill JEE Main 2020 application form:
A) Passed 10+2 in either in 2018 or 2019 or will pass it in 2020.
B) There is no age limit to appear for JEE Main.
C) Candidates who have passed 10+2 in 2017 or before, are not eligible for the exam.
Documents to Keep Ready Before Filling JEE Main 2020 Application Form
While filling the JEE Main 2020 application form, the candidates need documents and things for registering and for referencing. The list of these is as below:
✓Valid e-mail id.
✓Class 10 and 12 mark sheet and documents
✓One valid id proof
✓Information brochure of JEE Main for reference purpose
✓Debit card / credit card / net banking / UPI / paytm information etc
Aadhaar card is not mandatory while filling the JEE Main 2020 application form, but candidates need one valid id card while applying. It can be voter id card, aadhaar card, pan card, passport, qualifying exam admit card, etc. Candidates also have to carry the same Id card on the exam day, along with other documents.
Step by Step Process to Apply for JEE Main 2020
Candidates can only fill JEE Main 2020 application form from the official login. The steps to do so are as follows:
Step 1: Registration – This step is only for those candidates who did not apply for the Jan exam and are applying for the April exam for the first time.
- Click on the link above. It leads to the registration page, which looks as shown below. Candidates need to click on the “proceed to apply” button.
- Then the candidates have to click on the “New Registration” button in the next open window as shown in the image below:
- On clicking the button, an instruction page opens. Read all the instructions and when done, tab the “Click here to proceed” button to fill JEE Main 2020 application form.
After the step above, the candidates need to register. To do so, the candidates need to enter:
- State of Eligibility
- State where class 12th / NIOS Centre is located
- Identification ID type
- Identification ID number
- Candidates Name
- Date of Birth
- Password of choice for login
Lastly, the candidates need to enter captcha code and then click on the blue “Submit” button.
- Preview the registration form once before the final submission. The checklist for the checking the details in the form is given in the form. Check all of them and then click on the final submit button in red.
- As soon as JEE Main 2020 registration is done, the candidates get an application number and status of application process. Keep the number safe.
Step 2: Filling the online JEE Main 2020 application form – This step is to be carried by all the candidates.
Already registered candidates: Candidates who registered for 1st attempt, just need to login by entering application number and password.
- After entering the dashboard, candidates have to click on the button that says “complete application form” as shown in the image below:
- Next, the candidates need to fill the JEE Main 2020 application form. In the application form candidates have to enter the following details:
- Personal details
- Applying for – paper and exam city preference
- , Educational details
- Parents income details
- After entering all the details, candidates need to click on the “submit” button and review the entire form once Make sure to edit all the needed details before submitting it finally.
Candidates can edit JEE Main 2020 application form multiple times before submitting the application fee. However, once the fee is paid, the editing of detail closes.
Step 3: Uploading of scanned images
- On the dashboard click on the button that says “upload images”.
- On doing so, the below given screen opens. Here upload the images as per the specifications.
Step 4: Payment of the application fee
- Once the images are uploaded, candidates have to move to pay the application fee. The candidates have to click on the “pay examination fee” button on their dashboard, as shown in the image below.
- To pay the application fee on the dashboard click on the link that says “Application fee payment”. On doing so the below screen opens, select the payment mode and click on the “proceed to payments” button.
Step 5: Download the confirmation page
- On successful payment, you are redirected to your dashboard. Here click on the link that says “download confirmation page”. Download the page and save for future needs.
JEE Main 2020 application form confirmation page looks like the one below:
Details to be Filled in JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to fill in the details given below in the JEE Main 2020 application form:
- State of Eligibility – It is the state from where you have passed class 12 exam.
- State where class 12th School / NIOS Study Center is located – This must be same as the state of eligibility.
- Identification Type – You can enter any one of these
- Identity Card Number – Enter the ID number as mentioned on the ID Card
A valid id card can be – aadhaar enrolment number / student id / passport / ration card, bank account, voter id, pan card, etc.
- Candidates Name – As in class 12th certificates
- Father’s Name – As in class 12th certificates
- Mother’s Name – As in class 12th certificates
- Gender – As in class 12th certificates
- Date of Birth – same as registered for class 12th exam.
- Category – General / SC / ST / OBC (Candidates who do not belong to the OBC Non-Creamy Layer list should register themselves as General)
- Person with disability (PwD) – yes / no ( if yes, mention the percentage of your disability in the next dialogue box, and mention if you need a scribe to write your answer or not- only visually challenged candidates having 40% or more disability are provided a scribe).
- Are you Diabetic? – Choose yes / no
- Nationality – select the nationality of the candidate.
- Place of Residence – urban / rural setting of the residence of the candidate.
- Applying For – Choose any one paper, any two paper or all 3 out of B.E / B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Plan
- Mode of Exam – Only Computer Based Examination is available for JEE Main 2020.
- Choice of JEE main 2020 Exam City – Provide 4 test choices, in order of priority.
- Question Paper Medium – Select the language of the exam out of English / Hindi / Gujarati (Gujarati language can be opted by students from Gujarat, Daman, and Diu)
Mailing address details
- Country – Select your country of residence from the list
- State – Select your state of residence from the list available
- District – Select your district of residence from the list available
- Address – enter your complete mailing address
- Locality – enter the name of your locality that you live in
- City / town / village – enter the name of your city / town / village of residence
- Pin code – enter your valid six-digit area pin code number
- Email address – enter a valid and active email address, as this is used for all future correspondence and verification.
- Mobile number – enter a valid and active mobile number as this is used for all future correspondence and verification.
- Landline number – enter your landline number with a valid STD code or any other alternative contact number
- Year of passing class 10th or it’s equivalent
- School Board of class 12th exam
- Name of the qualifying exam passed / appearing
- Place of class 12th exam schooling – city / town / village
- Year of passing / appearing in class 12th exam
- Percentage of marks in class 12th / qualifying exam
- Class 12th roll number- if allotted
- Appearing / appeared for Improvement in class 12th / qualifying exam – yes / no
- Type of Institution of class 12th / qualifying exam – Government / Private
- Mode of preparation – (for JEE Main) through self-study, individual tuition, coaching, correspondence courses or others.
- Name of school / college from passing / appeared
- Address of school / college from passing / appeared
- Mother and father’s
- Educational qualification
- Annual income details.
- Are you a twin?
Choosing a Password
- At least one upper case alphabet (like A, B, C, D, E, etc.)
- At least lower case alphabet (like a,b,c,d,e etc.)
- At least one numeric value (like 1,2,3 etc.), and
- a special character (like @#%&, etc.).
- Confirm password – re-enter your selected password
- Security question – select one security question, whose answer only you know, as it can be used for verification in case you forget your password
- Security answer – give a proper, valid answer to the above-selected question, which you cannot forget.
Note: save the application number and password carefully, as it is needed at the time of checking JEE Main result, answer key, question paper and response sheets.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Status
You can check the status of JEE Main 2020 application form submission anytime, by logging into your account. To check the status enter your dashboard using application number and password. You can check the complete status of the application form in the following manner:
For the completed action, the status is shown as “complete”
For the action yet not takes the status is shown as “incomplete”
Status of application fee payment: There are 2 ways to know that your application fee has been paid and is complete:
a) Either the status on the dashboard shown complete, or
b) The confirmation page has been generated right after the payment.
Your JEE Main 2020 application form is submitted only after the fee payment is successful.
JEE Main 2020 April Application Form Process in a Nutshell
Two types of candidates are applying for JEE Main April exam, which are:
a) Candidates applying for the exam for the first time.
b) Candidates who appeared for Jan exam and are now applying for the second attempt.
The registration of JEE Main 2020 for both the candidates is as follows:
|Steps to apply||if applying for the first time||If applying for 2nd attempt|
|Registration||Have to||Already registered|
|Login details||As got after registration||As got after Jan registration|
|Application form||Fill all details||Fill all details|
|Uploading of images||Have to upload||No need to upload (it is prefilled)|
|Payment of fee||Have to pay||Have to pay|
JEE Main 2020 Query Redressal System (QRS)
Candidates who have registered for JEE Main 2020, can access QRS. This is an online platform, from where, candidates can easily submit their queries to NTA. It is available in the dashboard and candidates can access it after login. From it, candidates can even track the status of their query.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction
JEE Main 2020 form correction window opens for a limited duration. The correction in images and details is allowed by NTA. However, candidates cannot correct details entered during registration. Provision to correct centres is also not allowed.
What details can be edited in the application form?: Candidates can correct the complete application form. There is no restriction for editing the details. You can also make corrections in the uploaded images.
Is there any fee to change details in the application form?: Yes there is, however, the fee is not applicable for changing all the details. The fee is to be paid in the online mode only.
JEE Main 2020 Important Books for Preparation
The candidates registering for the exam can take help of some of the most used book for JEE preparations that we have given in the table below:
|Maths 40 + 16 Years Chapterwise Solutions||MTG Editorial Board||Get Here|
|Maths XI & XII||R.D. Sharma||Get Here|
|Problems in physics||A. A Pinsky||Get Here|
|Organic Chemistry||Arihant Prakashan||Get Here|
|A Textbook of Inorganic Chemistry||Arihant Prakashan||Get Here|
|New Pattern NTA JEE Main Quick Guide|
in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
with Numeric Answer Questions 3rd Edition
|O.P Agarwal||Get Here|
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The admit card of JEE Main April exam can be downloaded as per the schedule from jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates need application number and password or date date of birth to download it. Issuance of admit card is online, however, on the exam day candidates have to carry admit card as print copy.
With the admit card, candidates also need to carry id proof and passport size photograph. The photo and id should be same as that used during JEE Main 2020 registration. JEE Main admit card act as id proof and hall pass. It is a mandatory document for the exam day.
JEE Main 2020
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts Joint Entrance Examination (Main) to fill seats in B.Tech / B.E, B.Arch, and B.Plan course. It is an all India level exam and the score of it are accepted by NIT, IIITs, and CFTIs, and private colleges for admission. It is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced 2020. The candidates who qualify JEE Main are called for JoSAA counselling. On the basis of of JEE Main AIR, seat is allocated to the eligible candidates.
JEE Main 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Only those students who have passed their Class 12th Examination in 2018, 2019 or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
Ans : For appearing in the JEE Main examination there is no age limit for the candidates. However, the candidates should satisfy eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Ans : The State code of eligibility for improvement candidates will be from where he/she has originally passed Class 12th.
Ans : Indian Nationals passing the equivalent qualifying examination from an institution abroad, the State of Eligibility will be determined on the basis of permanent address in India as given in the Passport of the candidate.
Ans : Candidate passed / appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the State in which the study centre is located.
Ans : Application form for JEE Main 2020 can be submitted only online through website jeemain.nic.in
Ans : To appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE (Main) 2020 but his/her rank and NTA score for JEE Main will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission to NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main channel.
Ans : Yes, it is accepted. However, the candidates are advised to follow the instruction to upload the image with date and name.
Ans : The candidates can log in after submitting the application form to check their fee status in their dashboard.
Ans : Yes, the application form correction window opens to make final changes in the application form.
Ans : Multiple forms lead to cancellation of Application Form of JEE (Main). However, NTA will accept one Application Form and Admit Card will be issued on only single Application Form.
Ans : Candidate should Use Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer (above 9.0) and good internet connection.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.