JEE Main 2020 Application Form – National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the JEE Main Application Form 2020 in the 1st week of September 2019 at jeemain.nic.in. The class 12 passed/appearing candidates are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020. The fee for JEE Main 2020 Application Form is around Rs. 500 but reserved candidates have to pay around Rs. 250. The application form is made available in the online mode only to access which the candidates have to register first by completing the authentication form. Check JEE Main 2020 application fee, date, and steps to apply online below.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The application form is the initial stage of capturing the candidate’s data. Note that the data filled this JEE Main 2020 Application form is used in the admisison process. therefore it is very important to complete the application form with correct details and documents. Check important dates below:
|JEE Main 2020 Application Form||Important Dates|
|Application Form available from||1st week of Sep 2019|
|Last date to submit applications||4th week of Sep 2019|
|Last date to pay application fees||1st week of Oct 2019|
|Form correction dates||2nd week of Oct 2019|
Application Form: JEE Main 2020 Application Form will be available as per the schedule on the official website, jeemain.nic.in
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
Candidates can check the JEE Main 2020 Registration fee below. Note that, the candidates make the payment in the online mode and via e-challan too.
|Exam||General / OBC (NCL)||SC/ST/ PwD/ Transgender and Females|
|Paper 1 OR 2||500/-||250/-|
|Paper 1 AND 2||900/-||450/-|
|Paper 1 OR 2 (Foreign students)||2000/-||1000/-|
|Paper 1 AND 2 (Foreign students)||3000/-||1500/-|
- Online: Through Debit card/ credit card/ net banking
- Offline: Via E-challan, which can be printed by the candidate and paid at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Documents Required to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Note that while applying for Joint Entrance Exam Main 2020 The candidates have to upload certain documents as proof and also they need certain documents for reference and fill the data in the form accordingly. Therefore below is the list of the documents for reference and uploading in the application form:
Documents that you need to upload are:
- Scanned passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
Documents that you need to refer are:
- A valid Id proof
- Class 12 certificate (if available)
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Valid ID proof -Aadhar Card Number, Passport Number, Ration Card Number, student and/or any other valid Government Id.
- NET Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card for Online Payments.
Checklist Of details to be entered in JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The candidates need to fill these fields in the JEE Main Application Form:
- State of eligibility from where the student has passed the class 12th exam
- State where class 12th School/NIOS Study Center is located – this should be the same as the state of eligibility.
- Identification Type- either of the following documents
- Aadhar Number
- Aadhar Enrolment number
- Student ID
- Ration Card
- Bank Account
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Or any other valid government ID
- Identity Card Number- the candidate has to enter the ID number
- Candidates Name – same as registered for class 12th exam
- Father’s Name – same as registered in class 12th exam
- Mother’s Name -same as registered in class 12th exam
- Gender – candidate’s gender should be the same as registered in class 12th exam
- Date of Birth – same as registered in class 12th exam.
- Category – General/SC/ST/OBC (Candidates who do not belong to the OBC Non-Creamy Layer list should register themselves as General)
- Person with disability (PwD) – yes/ no ( if yes, mention the percentage of your disability in the next dialogue box, and mention if you need a scribe to write your answer or not- only visually challenged candidates having 40% or more disability are provided a scribe).
- Are you Diabetic? – yes/no
- Nationality- select the nationality of the candidate.
- Place of Residence – urban/ rural setting of the residence of the candidate.
- Applying for – select the course the candidate wants to apply for ( paper 1 for B.E/B.TECH only and paper 2 for B.ARCH/B.PLAN only, or both if you wish to apply for both)
- Mode of exam – only Computer Based Examination is available for JEE Main 2020.
- Choice of exam city – the candidate has to provide four cities of their choice for giving JEE Main 2020 exam, in order of preference across India.
- Question paper medium – Select on language for question paper medium English/Hindi/Gujarat (only for students from Gujarat, Daman, and Diu)
Mailing address details
- Country – select your country of residence
- State – select your state of residence from the list available
- District – select your district of residence from the list available
- Address – enter your mailing address
- Locality – enter the name of your locality
- city/town/village – enter the name of your city/town/village of residence
- Pin code – enter your valid six-digit area pin code number
- Email address – enter a valid and active email address, as this is used for all future correspondence and verification.
- Mobile number – enter a valid and active mobile number as this is used for all future correspondence and verification.
- Landline number – enter your landline number with a valid STD code or any other alternative contact number
- Year of passing class 10th or it’s equivalent
- School Board of class 12th exam
- Name of the qualifying exam passed/ appearing
- Place of class 12th exam schooling – city/town/ village
- Year of passing/appearing in class 12th exam
- Percentage of marks in class 12th/ qualifying exam
- Class 12th roll number- if allotted
- Appearing/appeared for Improvement in class 12th/qualifying exam – yes/no
- Type of Institution of class 12th/qualifying exam – Government/Private
- Mode of preparation – ( for JEE Main) through self-study, individual tuition, coaching, correspondence courses or others.
- Name of school/ college from passing/appeared
- Address of school/ college from passing/appeared
- Mother and father’s
- Educational qualification
- Annual income details.
Choosing a Password
- At least one upper case alphabet (like A, B, C, D, E, etc.)
- At least lower case alphabet (like a,b,c,d,e etc.)
- At least one numeric value (like 1,2,3 etc.), and
- a special character (like @#%&, etc.).
- Confirm password – re-enter your selected password
- Security question – select one security question, whose answer only you know, as it can be used for verification in case you forget your password
- Security answer- give a proper, valid answer to the above-selected question, which you cannot forget.
Note: The candidate must keep the login id and password safe as it is needed again at the time of downloading the answer key and candidate response sheet.
How to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form?
Follow the instructions given below to fill JEE Main 2020 form:
Step 1: Go to the official website JEE Main and look for “Apply for JEE Main Jan 2020” button as shown in the image below.
Step 2: After clicking on the above button, the candidates are redirected to a new page, which looks as shown below, click on “PROCEED TO APPLY” button:
Step 3: Now the candidate are redirected to another page where you have to read all the given instructions from the Information Bulletin Board. When done, check the tab for “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions” and then click on “Proceed to Apply Online” button.
Step 4: Now, the JEE Main 2020 authentication form opens and in this, the candidates need to enter the following details:
- State of Eligibility
- State where class 12th/NIOS Centre is located
- Identification ID type
- Identification ID number
- Candidates Name
- Date of Birth
- Enter the security pin Captcha and click on submit
Step 5: The candidates are then redirected to the JEE Main 2020 Application form, as shown below. The candidate needs to fill in the following details:
- Personal Details like State of eligibility, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Category (General/SC/ST/OBC), Person with disability, etc.
- Exam Details like exam Applying for (select the course), Mode of the exam (online for everyone), Choice of exam city ( the candidate has to provide four cities of their choice for giving the exam in order of preference), Question paper medium (English/Hindi/Gujarati).
- Mailing address details like Country, State, District, Address, Locality, city/town/village, Pin code, Email address, Mobile number Landline number.
- Academic details like class 10th and 12th details.
- Guardian details : Parent’s education and income details.
Step 6: Now the candidate can submit the form and review it. The candidates must carefully verify all the details filled by them, check all the boxes and then click on submit.
Step 7: Candidates can find a dialogue box on the left-hand corner of the open window, where they have to verify their registered phone number and email id, as shown in the images below. They must then receive an OTP on both their mobile phone and email address after the verification is successful, the candidate can move on to uploading scanned pictures.
Step 8: Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature. And click on Submit. Your photo and signature are now uploaded.
Step 9: Select a mode of payment and fill in the details of your card or net banking and if you opted for e-challan, then print the challan and make the necessary payments in the nearest State Bank of India ( SBI) Branch.
Step 10: After successful payment of Application Fees you can download the Confirmation page. Print the same for future reference.
Image specifications for JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature should be in the following format:
- Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- The photograph should be colored or black/white (but clear contrast) with the name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph printed on it as shown below:
The Images should be in accordance with the following specifications:
|Photograph||between 10 kb to 200 kb|
|Signature||between 4 kb to 30 kb|
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should ensure the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2020 before applying. It is as follows:
- There is no age limit for the candidates to appear for the JEE Main exam.
- Only candidates who have passed or are appearing in their class 12th or equivalent examination in the years 2018, 2019 and 2020 are allowed to sit in the exam.
- The candidate must have studied at least 5 subjects in their class 12th or equivalent examination
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination :
- B.E/B.Tech: Physics and Mathematics (Compulsory subjects) and either Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical (Vocational subject).
- B.Arch./B.Plan: Mathematics (Compulsory Subject)
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction
NTA allows the candidates to update or correct the information in their application form through their correction window. The window is open for one week. The candidates can change all their details, except for the exam center details. To make corrections the candidates need their application number, password/date of birth. The candidates are charged a certain amount of fees to make correction in the certain field of the application form.
JEE Main 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Only those students who have passed their Class 12th Examination in 2018, 2019 or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
Ans : For appearing in the JEE Main examination there is no age limit for the candidates. However, the candidates should satisfy eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Ans : Yes
Ans : The State code of eligibility for improvement candidates will be from where he/she has originally passed Class 12th.
Ans : Indian Nationals passing the equivalent qualifying examination from an institution abroad, the State of Eligibility will be determined on the basis of permanent address in India as given in the Passport of the candidate.
Ans : Candidate passed / appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the State in which the study centre is located.
Ans : Application form for JEE Main 2020 can be submitted only online through website jeemain.nic.in
Ans : To appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE (Main) 2020 but his/her rank and NTA score for JEE Main will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission to NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main channel.
Ans : Yes, it is accepted. However, the candidates are advised to follow the instruction to upload the image with date and name.
Ans : The candidates can log in after submitting the application form to check their fee status in their dashboard.
Ans : Yes, the application form correction window opens to make final changes in the application form.
Ans : Multiple forms lead to cancellation of Application Form of JEE (Main). However, NTA will accept one Application Form and Admit Card will be issued on only single Application Form.
Ans : Candidate should Use Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer (above 9.0) and good internet connection.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be available for download at the JEE Main website, jeemain.nic.in from the third week of December 2019 ( for January exam). The JEE Main admit card contains important information like exam slot, date, time and venue. The candidate must carry a printed copy of the same on the day of the exam. The candidate can access their admit card online through application number and password.
Insofar, official details of JEE Main 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as NTA releases JEE Main 2020 information brochure, details will be updated here.
JEE Main 2020