JEE Main 2020 Application Form – NTA has released JEE Main Application Form on new website jeemain.nta.nic.in. Last date to apply is September 30, 2019. Candidates can only apply for JEE Main January exam if they passed class 12 in 2018, 2019 or will be appearing in 2020, in addition to fulfilling other eligibility criteria. JEE Main Application Form 2020 process includes registration, entering details in the form, uploading images, and fee payment. Aadhaar is not mandatory but candidates need 1 photo id proof to register. Application fee for the exam is Rs. 325 for SC / ST / PwD / Transgender / Female and Rs. 650 for rest of the candidates. Check how to fill JEE Main 2020 form, fee structure, important documents and more information here.
Latest: NTA opens the JEE Main 2020 image correction facility. Check details here.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The JEE Main is held twice in Jan and Apr. Candidates who apply for JEE Main January 2020 can also apply for JEE Main April 2020. The details of January candidates will be mostly auto filled in the form but they will have to pay the application fee again. Check all the important JEE Main application form 2020 dates from the table below:
|JEE Main 2020||January Dates||April Dates|
|Application Form available from||07 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit applications||30 Sep 2019||07 Mar 2020|
|Last date to pay application fees||01 Oct 2019||1st week of Mar 2020|
|Form correction dates||11 – 17 Oct 2019||2nd week of Mar 2020|
Application Form: Click Here to fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
What is New in JEE Main 2020 Application Form
- Application fee has been increased.
- Now there are 2 websites for registration, i.e. jeemain.nic.in and jeemain.nta.nic.in.
JEE Main 2020 Application Demo
JEE Main 2020 application form demo is now available. You can check it from the link below.
- Click Here to check JEE Main Application Demo PDF by NTA.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Last Date
It is very important that the candidates do make note the last date to apply for JEE Main 2020. NTA usually does not provide the opportunity to submit application form with late fee. Hence, it is better that you submit the application form in prescribed format before the last date, i.e. September 30, 2019.
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
The application fee for JEE Main 2020 has increased. You can check the new fee from the table below.
|Exam||General / OBC (NCL)||SC/ST/ PwD/ Transgender and Females|
|(Center in India)|
B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plan
|(Center in India)|
B.Tech and B.Arch
OR B.Tech and B.Plan
Or B.Plan and B.Arch
Or B.Tech and B.Plan
|(Center Outside India)|
B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plan
|(Center Outside India)|
B.Tech and B.Arch
OR B.Tech and B.Plan
Or B.Plan and B.Arch
Or B.Tech and B.Plan
Payment modes: The amount of application fee can be paid via JEE Main 2020 login, through following modes:
- Online: Through Debit card/ credit card/ net banking
- Offline: Via E-challan, which can be printed by the candidate and paid at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI).
Documents Required to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form
While filling application form of JEE Main 2020, candidates need few important documents and things. It is not necessary that all the documents are to uploaded online but are needed for cross-checking information. The list of these documents and things is as follows:
Documents that you need to upload are:
- Scanned passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
Documents that you need to refer are:
- A valid Id proof
- Class 12 certificate (if available)
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Valid ID proof -Aadhar Card Number, Passport Number, Ration Card Number, student and/or any other valid Government Id.
- Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card for Online Payments.
Image specifications for JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature should be in the following format:
|Size||10 KB – 200 KB||4 KB – 30 KB|
|Format||.jpg or .jpeg||.jpg or .jpeg|
|How to Upload||Scanned copy||Scanned copy|
Other specification for the photograph and signature to be uploaded in the JEE Main 2020 application form are as follows:
– Should not be in all caps.
– Image of it should be clear.
– Write it on white sheet with black or blue pen.
– Should be clear, with more than 70% face visible
– No red-eye, glare, hat, etc.
– Mention name and date on it.
How to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form?
NTA does not releases offline application form JEE Main 2020. The candidates can only access it from jeemain.nic.in or nta.ac.in. Only those candidates get admit card of JEE Main who submit the form in the prescribed format, as explained below:
Step 1: Go to the official website wither at jeemain.nic.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in and look for “Fill online application form” button as shown in the image below.
Step 2: After clicking on the above button, the candidates are redirected to a new page, which looks as shown below, click on the “Registration” button:
Step 3: Now the candidate is redirected to another page where you have to read all the given instructions from the Information Bulletin Board. When done, check the tab for “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions” and then click on “Proceed to Apply Online” button.
Step 4: Now, the JEE Main 2020 registration form opens and in this, the candidates need to enter the following details:
- State of Eligibility
- State where class 12th/NIOS Centre is located
- Identification ID type
- Identification ID number
- Candidates Name
- Date of Birth
- Enter the security pin Captcha and click on submit
Step 5: The candidates are then redirected to the JEE Main 2020 Dashboard as shown in the image below. There they can cjeck the statu of their application form. Also they can proceed to complete yhe application form using the button that says – “complete the application form”
Step 6: On click te link the candidates are redirected to the Application form, as shown below. The candidate needs to fill in the following details:
- Personal Details like State of eligibility, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Category (General/SC/ST/OBC), Person with disability, etc.
- Exam Details like exam Applying for (select the course), Mode of the exam (online for everyone), Choice of exam city ( the candidate has to provide four cities of their choice for giving the exam in order of preference), Question paper medium (English/Hindi/Gujarati).
- Mailing address details like Country, State, District, Address, Locality, city/town/village, Pin code, Email address, Mobile number Landline number.
- Academic details like class 10th and 12th details.
- Guardian details : Parent’s education and income details.
Step 7: Now the candidate can submit the form and review it. The candidates must carefully verify all the details filled by them, check all the boxes and then click on submit.
Step 8: Next the candidates are again redirected to the dashboard. There the candidates have to clcik on the button in blue that says “upload images”. Or if the candidates wish to change any details in the application form thay can click on the “edit application form” button. The candidates can check the image below for reference:
Step 9: Upload the scanned Photograph and Signature. And click on Submit. Your photo and signature are now uploaded.
Step 10: Next the candidates are again redirected to their dashboard where they can check the next step that is the application fee payment. Select a mode of payment and fill in the details of your card or net banking and if you opted for e-challan, then print the challan and make the necessary payments in the nearest State Bank of India ( SBI) Branch.
Step 11: After successful payment of Application Fees you can download the Confirmation page. Print the same for future reference. Also, a confirmation meessage is sent to you via SMS and email in the registered contact details. To get the confirmation page the candidates can click on the tab in their dashboard as shown in the image below:
The confirmation page looks like the one below:
Details to be entered in JEE Main 2020 Application Form
The candidates need to fill these fields in the JEE Main Application Form. make sure all the details are correct as the details affect the candidates’ admission after the JEE Main Result is out.
- State of Eligibility – From where the student has passed the class 12th exam
- State where class 12th School/NIOS Study Center is located – this should be the same as the state of eligibility.
- Identification Type – It can either of following:
- Aadhar Enrollment Number
- Student ID
- Ration Card
- Bank Account
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Or any other valid government ID
- Identity Card Number – Enter the ID number on the ID Card
- Candidates Name – As in class 12th exam
- Father’s Name – As in class 12th exam
- Mother’s Name – As in class 12th exam
- Gender – As in class 12th exam
- Date of Birth – same as registered in class 12th exam.
- Category – General/SC/ST/OBC (Candidates who do not belong to the OBC Non-Creamy Layer list should register themselves as General)
- Person with disability (PwD) – yes/ no ( if yes, mention the percentage of your disability in the next dialogue box, and mention if you need a scribe to write your answer or not- only visually challenged candidates having 40% or more disability are provided a scribe).
- Are you Diabetic? – yes/no
- Nationality – select the nationality of the candidate.
- Place of Residence – urban/ rural setting of the residence of the candidate.
- Applying For – JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 or 2
- Mode of Exam – only Computer Based Examination is available for JEE Main 2020.
- Choice of Exam City – Provide 4 test choices, in order of priority.
- Question Paper Medium – Select on language for question paper medium English/Hindi/Gujarat (only for students from Gujarat, Daman, and Diu)
Mailing address details
- Country – Select your country of residence
- State – Select your state of residence from the list available
- District – Select your district of residence from the list available
- Address – enter your mailing address
- Locality – enter the name of your locality
- city/town/village – enter the name of your city/town/village of residence
- Pin code – enter your valid six-digit area pin code number
- Email address – enter a valid and active email address, as this is used for all future correspondence and verification.
- Mobile number – enter a valid and active mobile number as this is used for all future correspondence and verification.
- Landline number – enter your landline number with a valid STD code or any other alternative contact number
- Year of passing class 10th or it’s equivalent
- School Board of class 12th exam
- Name of the qualifying exam passed/ appearing
- Place of class 12th exam schooling – city/town/ village
- Year of passing/appearing in class 12th exam
- Percentage of marks in class 12th/ qualifying exam
- Class 12th roll number- if allotted
- Appearing/appeared for Improvement in class 12th/qualifying exam – yes/no
- Type of Institution of class 12th/qualifying exam – Government/Private
- Mode of preparation – (for JEE Main) through self-study, individual tuition, coaching, correspondence courses or others.
- Name of school/ college from passing/appeared
- Address of school/ college from passing/appeared
- Mother and father’s
- Educational qualification
- Annual income details.
- Are you a twin?
Choosing a Password
- At least one upper case alphabet (like A, B, C, D, E, etc.)
- At least lower case alphabet (like a,b,c,d,e etc.)
- At least one numeric value (like 1,2,3 etc.), and
- a special character (like @#%&, etc.).
- Confirm password – re-enter your selected password
- Security question – select one security question, whose answer only you know, as it can be used for verification in case you forget your password
- Security answer- give a proper, valid answer to the above-selected question, which you cannot forget.
Note: The candidate must keep the login id and password safe as it is needed again at the time of downloading the answer key and candidate response sheet.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Center
You can check exam centers of JEE Main 2020 from below:
JEE Main 2020 Application Confirmation Page
Once the application form of JEE Main 2020 is filled properly, the confirmation page is generated. Candidates should download it and keep it safe. The confirmation page of JEE Main holds various details, including registration number. The details are needed during downloading of admit card, as well as during the counselling. Hence, candidates should keep it safe.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction
After the application process of JEE Main 2020 ends, NTA opens the JEE Main 2020 Application Form Correction window at jeemain.nic.in. The window opens for a period of around 1 week or so. The students are allowed to change certain details in the application form and not all the details are available for editing.
To do any correction in the application form te students have to login using their application number and password/date of birth. There are certain charges that are applicable against some of the changes in the application form of JEE Main 2020.
Changes allowed in the JEE Main 2020 Application Form:
– Educational Qualification
– Personal Details
– Choice of papers – Paper 1/Paper 2 or both
Changes not allowed in the JEE Main 2020 Application Form:
– Exam Center Preferences
– Email ID
– Contact number
– State of Eligibility
– ID Card details
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should ensure the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2020 before applying. It is as follows:
- There is no age limit for the candidates to appear for the JEE Main exam.
- Only candidates who have passed or are appearing in their class 12th or equivalent examination in the years 2018, 2019 and 2020 are allowed to sit in the exam.
- The candidate must have studied at least 5 subjects in their class 12th or equivalent examination
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination :
- B.E/B.Tech: Physics and Mathematics (Compulsory subjects) and either Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical (Vocational subject).
- B.Arch./B.Plan: Mathematics (Compulsory Subject)
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The admit card is released only for the properly registered candidates, on the official JEE Main website, jeemain.nic.in. For the JEE Main 2020 January exam, the admit card is released in 3 week of December 2019. The JEE Main admit card contains important information like exam slot, date, time and venue. The candidate must carry a printed copy of the same on the day of the exam. The candidate can access their admit card online through application number and password.
It is important to carry the admit card, on the exam. It has to be carried as a print copy. Make sure the print is clear, and on a clean A4 sheet. Along with the admit card, you also need to carry one photo id proof and a passport size photograph. Make sure the photo is the same as that you uploaded in the JEE Main 2020 application form.
JEE Main 2020
NTA conducts the JEE Main 2020 exam in online mode and twice a year. JEE Main is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced 2020. The top 2 lakh candidates (approx.) of JEE Main 2020 are allowed to take the JEE Advanced 2020 exam for admission in the IITs. JEE Main 2020 has 2 papers – Paper 1 for the B.E./B.Tech aspirants and Paper 2 for the B.Arch/B.Plan aspirants. More than 11 lakh candidates appear for the exam every year across the nation. In JEE Main, the candidates have to attempt a total of 120 questions of 360 marks. The time to attempt the 120 questions is 3 hours.
JEE Main 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Only those students who have passed their Class 12th Examination in 2018, 2019 or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination in 2020 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
Ans : For appearing in the JEE Main examination there is no age limit for the candidates. However, the candidates should satisfy eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Ans : The State code of eligibility for improvement candidates will be from where he/she has originally passed Class 12th.
Ans : Indian Nationals passing the equivalent qualifying examination from an institution abroad, the State of Eligibility will be determined on the basis of permanent address in India as given in the Passport of the candidate.
Ans : Candidate passed / appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the State in which the study centre is located.
Ans : Application form for JEE Main 2020 can be submitted only online through website jeemain.nic.in
Ans : To appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE (Main) 2020 but his/her rank and NTA score for JEE Main will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission to NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main channel.
Ans : Yes, it is accepted. However, the candidates are advised to follow the instruction to upload the image with date and name.
Ans : The candidates can log in after submitting the application form to check their fee status in their dashboard.
Ans : Yes, the application form correction window opens to make final changes in the application form.
Ans : Multiple forms lead to cancellation of Application Form of JEE (Main). However, NTA will accept one Application Form and Admit Card will be issued on only single Application Form.
Ans : Candidate should Use Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer (above 9.0) and good internet connection.