JEE Main 2020 and NEET 2020 has been postponed until September. Aspirants of both the exams were waiting for this decision for a long time now. Finally, National Testing Agency (NTA) and HRD has announced the postponing both the national level UG entrance test.
JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and NEET 2020 New Exam Dates
JEE Main 2020 – 1 to 6 September 2020.
JEE Advanced 2020 – 27 September 2020.
NEET 2020 – 13 September 2020.
The announcement has been made by Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank via a video on his official twitter account.
Keeping in mind the present situation and the safety of he students the exams have been postponed. The minister state that safety of all is our priority, then comes education and that too quality education.
The minister also state that this is an opportunity for all aspirants to better their skills and prepare well for the exams, without anymore stress. He has also wished all the aspirants good luck for the exams.
JEE Main was scheduled from July 18 to 23, 2020 and NEET was to be held on July 26, 2020. The decision on NEET and JEE Main was eagerly anticipated by the students. With CBSE and center cancelling class 10 exam and postponing class 12 boards the anticipation for a decision on JEE Main and NEET grew. However, after a long wait, the decision came late, but it is as per the hopes and demands of the students and parents.
Now that JEE Main 2020 has been postponed, naturally, JEE Advanced 2020 dates have been pushed back too. IIT Delhi is conducting JEE Advanced 2020 and a new announcement for the dates of Advanced examination can be expected soon too.
Why NTA had to Postpone JEE Main 2020 and NEET 2020?
Reasons, why NEET and JEE Main 2020 has been postponed, are:
- Offline exams like NEET, require physical movements of assets like question papers, answer sheets, and more. This would have been difficult due to lockdown and social distancing norms.
- Heath of students and their families would have been at risk if exposed to the virus during the exam.
- NEET is taken by around 15 lakh+ students across the nation. Maintaining social distancing would have been next to impossible in such a huge crowd.
- Traveling to centers when most cities are under containment zones is troublesome. many cities have restricted public commutes and private transports are not feasible by many candidates.
- The demands of students, parents, and student bodies have been continuously demanding the postponement of the exams. Parents have been writing to MHRD for the past few days to consider the postponement of the exams.
- Students had raised concerns like lack of nearby centers, travelling issues, mental distress, and more to the MHRD over social media.
All these and many more factors have led NTA to postpone the exam bringing in some sort of relief for the JEE Main and NEET 2020 aspirants.
Why the Decision on NEET 2020 and JEE Main 2020 Exam Came With Such Delay?
COVID-19 has led everything uncertain out there. The government is trying its best to take decisions keeping numerous factors in mind one of which is the health and safety of the students. Continuous change in dates and schedule of national level exams effects so many preceding processes like counselling and admissions.
Therefore it usually takes time for the government and the authorities to decide on such exams.
Changes in NEET 2020 and JEE Main 2020 Dates So Far
NEET and JEE Main 2020 dates have been changed twice with the postponement decision taken today.
JEE Main 2020 initial dates were: 05, 07, 08, 09, 11 April 2020
These dates changed to: 18 to 23 July 2020
Now the dates have been changed to: 1 to 6 September 2020
NEET 2020 was to be held on: 3 May 2020
This date changed to: 26 Jul 2020
Now further the dates had to be pushed back to: 13 September 2020
JEE Main 2020
JEE Main stands for Joint Entrance Examination Main. It is one of the biggest engineering entrance examinations of India. NTA conducts it for admission of candidate in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, etc., in B.Tech / B.E / B.Arch / B.Plan courses. .
Other than this, IITs also consider JEE Main a mandatory eligible for JEE Advanced examination. Only top 2.5 lakh qualifiers of JEE Main are eligible to apply and appear for JEE Advanced and get admission in prestigious IITs.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is India’s biggest medical entrance exam. 100% MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS seats are filled on the basis of NEET. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in pen and paper mode. In the exam, 180 MCQs are asked on biology, physics, and chemistry. Each question is of 4 marks and a negative marking of 1 marks is done.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.