JEE Main 2020 Official Answer Key Date – As expected, NTA has released JEE Main 2020 official answer key on today, on September 08, 2020. National Testing Agency (NTA) released JEE Main official answer key online, on jeemain.nta.nic.in. You can easily download it from the button below.
How to Check JEE Main 2020 Official Answer Key?
The answer key of JEE Main 2020 is released in the login and candidates can download it by following the steps below:
Step-1– Click on the link above.
- There are two links above, for download JEE Main 2020 answer key via application number and password or application number and date of birth. Click on anyone.
Step-2– On clicking the link, the login is displayed and the candidates have to enter:
- Application number and Date of Birth.
- OR Application Number and Password.
Step-3– After entering these details, at the end of the dashboard, the “Challenge Answer Keys” tab is given. Click on it, to download the JEE Main 2020 answer key.
Step-4– Following this, the answers will be displayed against each question.
How to Calculate Score Using JEE Main 2020 Official Answer Key?
Now that the JEE Main answer key, question paper, and response sheets are available the candidates can calculate raw score. The process to predict marks is simple. You just need to:
Step-1- First, download the answer key, response sheet, and question paper of JEE Main 2020.
Step-2- Next, match if the answer on the response sheet and answer key are the same or not.
Step-3- For each correct answer, allocated and deduct marks as per the marking scheme.
Step-4- When the candidates do the steps above for all the questions the raw marks will be calculated.
JEE Main 2020 Marking Scheme
To know the use the JEE Main 2020 answer key, the candidates should know the marking scheme, which is:
- Add (+) 4 marks for all correct answer.
- Minus (+) 1 marks for incorrect answers.
- For NVTs do not deduct any marks, if the answer is wrong. Put 0 is the answer is wrong
JEE Main Predicted Score = 4 x Number of Correct Answers – 1 X Number of Incorrect Answers
Challenge JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
The JEE Main 2020 answer key is open to challenges. If a candidate feels that the answer given in the key are not correct then they can submit objects against it. To do so, the candidates have to pay Rs. 1000 per objection. The amount of objection will be refunded if the objection stands valid.
How to submit objection against JEE Main 2020 Answer Key?
- Click on the link above to access the login.
- Enter application number and password / date of birth to access the login.
- Then, in the dashboard, click on “Challange Answer Key” tab.
- On clicking it, candidates will get to see Paper, Question ID, Correct Question(s), and Objection(s) ID Claimed.
- Candidates have to tick the box against the correct answer id and then click on the “Save Your Claims”
- After this, the candidates will have to upload the document of proof by clicking on the “choose file” button.
- Lastly, click on the “Save your Claims and Pay Fee” button. Once candidates pay the amount of fee, the objection will be submitted.
JEE Main 2020 Final Answer Key
Once the candidate submits the objection in the JEE Main 2020 Answer Key, the NTA appoints subject expert(s). The subject experts analyses the objection submitted by the candidate and if the challenge is relevant and correct, a change is made in the JEE Main Answer Key. NTA after making the relevant change, if required, then releases a Final Answer Key for JEE Main 2020.
The final key is released for Paper 1 and paper 2 separately in pdf format. JEE Main 2020 Result is compiled on the basis of the JEE Main 2020 Final Answer Key. The candidates are not allowed to submit any grievance in the JEE Main 2020 Final Answer Key.
JEE Main 2020 Official Answer Key Date
Since NTA has started conducting JEE Main, it releases answer key in 1-2 days after the last examination.
Hence, it is expected that NTA will release JEE Main official answer key 2020 on or before 8-9 September 2020.
This is because:
- JEE Advanced 2020 revised brochure has indicated that JEE Main 2020 result will be out on 11 Sep 2020.
- As per the trends, NTA also provides chance to submit challenges.To do so, it provided at least 2 days.
- Also, as per the trends, the final answer key is released with the result, almost 2 days after the challenge window closes.
So, NTA need to release the answer key as soon as possible. So, that the result of JEE Main 2020 can be announced on September 11, 2020.
Hence, going by the above points the following timeline can be drawn for the JEE Main 2020 official answer key date, as per the January timeline.
|JEE Main 2020 Examination||1 – 6 Sep 2020||–|
|Publishing of Official JEE Main Answer Key||7-8 Sep 2020||As per trends, the answer key is released|
on the same day of accepting the challenges.
|Dates to challenges against the JEE Main 2020 answer key||b/w 8-10 Sep 2020||The challenge window closes 2 days|
before the release of official key
|Release of final official JEE Main answer key||11 Sep 2020||Final answer key releases with result|
|Announcement of JEE Main 2020 Result||11 Sep 2020||As mentioned in JEE Advanced 2020 brochure|
JEE Main 2020 Official Answer Key Date for Jan Exam
In January, the official answer key of JEE Main 2020 was released 4 days after the exam and the result was announced in 8 days. As you can see below.
|JEE Main 2020||Dates|
|JEE Main 2020 Examination||6 – 9 Jan 2020|
|Publishing of Official JEE Main Answer Key||13 Jan 2020|
|Dates to challenges against the JEE Main 2020 answer key||13 – 15 Jan 2020|
|Release of final official JEE Main answer key||17 Jan 2020|
|Announcement of JEE Main 2020 Result||17 Jan 2020|
Note: This timeline cannot be followed by NTA because this year the examination has been delayed a lot due to the pandemic. The NTA must release answer key and result as soon as possible.
JEE Main Official Answer Key Released Date in Past Years
NTA started holding JEE Main 2020 from 2019 and made the exam complete CBT based. This revolutionized the result assessment process. Thus from 2019, the JEE Main 2020 answer key, challenging process and finally the result declaration is done within a week after the exam is over. Here is a trend of it:
|Year 2019||April Exam||Jan Exam|
|JEE Main exam for Paper 1||07 Apr||08 Jan|
|JEE Main exam for Paper 2||08, 09, 10, 12 Apr||09, 10, 11, 12|
|Release of JEE Main Question Paper and Response Sheet||14 Apr||13 Jan|
|Release of JEE Main Official Answer Key||14 Apr||15 Jan|
|Declaration of JEE Main Result for Paper 1||30 Apr||19 Jan|
|JEE Main Result date for Paper 2||15 May||31 Jan|
Going by the above table, in 2019, NTA has released the official answer key 2 days after the exam in April session and 3 days after the exam in January session.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.