NTA has postponed JEE Main 2020. Official notification for the same was released on March 18, 2020. However on that day, NTA had decided to announce the new exam date or at least admit card release date on March 31, 2020. In a sudden twist of events, the country went under a 21 day lockdown which has now forced the MHRD to further postpone conduct of exams.
Now, NTA will decide upon the new admit card release date and exam date after April 15, 2020. And tentatively, says MHRD, the JEE Main 2020 stands postponed until last week of May 2020. Which means that now JEE Main 2020 will be held either in the last week of May, or after that, in June!
Initially, Joint Entrance Examination Mains was scheduled to be held on April 5, 7, 9, and 11, 2020.
When will NTA hold JEE Main 2020?
Update on 28th March: MHRD Secretary has officially informed that JEE Main 2020 (as well as NEET 2020) both will now be held tentatively in the last week of May 2020. A final decision on the matter shall be taken after April 15, 2020.
Update on 18th March: In pursuance of MHRD letter no. Secy (HE)/ MHRD)/ 2020 dated 18th March 2020, the competent authority of the National Testing Agency has postponed the ensuing JEE (Main) April 2020 examinations scheduled on the 5th, 7th, 9th and 11th April 2020. The New dates of JEE (Main) examinations will be announced on the 31st March 2020. Accordingly, the admit cards for the examinations which were to be issued on 20th March 2020 will now be issued after 31st March 2020 only. The candidates and their parents are advised to keep visiting jeemain.nta.nic.in and http://www.nta.ac.in for latest updates. They are also being informed individually through their registered mobile number/ email-id. The candidates can also contact at 0120-6895200 for any further clarification.
Thus reads the official notice that the National Testing Agency published on jeemain.nta.nic.in on March 18, 2020.
Official Notice By NTA On Postponing JEE Main 2020
NTA has published a single page notice announcing that the exam will be delayed. It also states the new date on which exam date will be announced, and states that admit card, which was initially supposed to release on March 20, 2020, will be delayed too. Furthermore, candidates can call 0120-6895200 for any clarification.
Official Notice By MHRD To NTA To Postpone JEE Main 2020
MHRD had sent a two page letter to the Chairman UGC, Chairman AICTE, Chairman NCTE, Chairperson CBSE, DG NTA, Chairman NIOS, and all autonomous organizations under MHRD.
Here is the complete letter.
And in case you missed it, here is the part where it says that JEE Main 2020 should be postponed.
Other Exams Postponed Due To Coronavirus
- CBSE Board Exams
- NIOS exams
- University exams
Reasons why MHRD has decided to postpone exams
- MHRD is taking steps to ensure the safety of students, their parents, as well as teachers in light of the Coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak.
- Board such as CBSE had already implemented measures at exam centers.
- However, exams are times when students, parents, teachers all have to aggregate in large numbers in the same place. They also have to travel. Putting them at the risk of exposure to infection.
- Moreover, CBSE has received several emails and messages on social media.
When will the exams be held now?
- All exams will now be held after March 31, 2020.
- Evaluation work will also start after March 31, 2020.
- Date of JEE Mains will be decided on the basis of new exam dates of CBSE board exams.
Steps that students should take
- Keep checking official websites of JEE Main and NTA to get official updates on the matter.
- If you are feeling anxious, talk to an elder. Boards and institutions have also been asked to keep channels of communication open, so talk to them when needed.
Steps that parents should take
- Avoid onset of panic.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.