JEE Main 2021 Result – NTA will announce JEE Main result online at jeemain.nta.nic.in. The result is announced in the form of a scorecard under the respective logins of the candidates. Application number and date of birth are used to login and check the result. On the result, NTA scores in B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Plan in physics, chemistry, maths, etc along with the total scores are mentioned. The JEE Main 2021 result for the January attempt is just the indication of marks in the exam, the AIR and cutoff for admission are released after the 2nd attempt in the month of April. To know all about JEE Main 2021 result like how to check the result, how is the result prepared, and more read below.
JEE Main 2021 Result
JEE Main 2021 result shall have the percentile or NTA score of the candidates. The raw marks of the candidates are converted in percentile marks so as to remove any differences in the difficulty level amongst the shifts.
|JEE Main 2021||Result Date|
|JEE Main 2020 Jan exam date||to be announced|
|JEE Main Result Date 2020||to be announced|
Check result: The candidates can check the JEE Main 2021 result as per the schedule above at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
JEE Main 2021 result declaration date: NTA declares JEE Main result a few days after the exam is over. Once the objection against the provisional answers keys are received, the scrutiny of the challenges is done. If any challenge is found valid then amendments in the answer key are made and the final answer key is prepared with changes. based on the final answer key the calculation of the scores for the result is done and the result is declared. This process takes almost a week.
We can check the result declaration dates of JEE Main to get an idea of when the result of JEE Main 2021 can be expected:
|Attempt||Exam date||Result date|
|Jan 2021||Jan 2021||Jan 2021|
|Apr 2020 rescheduled to Sep 2020||1 to 6 Sep||11 Sep|
|Jan 2020||6 – 9 Jan||17 Jan|
|Apr 2019||7, 8, 9, 10, 12 Apr||29 Apr|
|Jan 2019||8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Jan||20 Jan|
How is the JEE Main 2021 Result Compiled?
JEE Main 2021 result is prepared by converting the raw score of the candidates into the percentile scores. The raw score is calculated using the marking scheme of the exam.
Raw score: The calculation of the raw score is done using the formula below:
JEE Main 2020 raw score = 4 X no. of Correct Answers – No.of Incorrect Answers
What is a percentile score and how it is calculated?
The percentile score is obtained based on the relative performance of all the aspirants appearing in the exam. The topper in each session will get the same Percentile of 100 which is desirable. After which the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate Percentiles. It is calculated by using the following formula:
The percentile score calculated separately for each section of the paper. The overall percentile score is not the sum of percentile scores of all the 3 sections, but it is also calculated separately. Check the image below to know how is the percentile score is calculated in each section and overall:
How to Check JEE Main 2021 Result?
The JEE Main 2021 result is declared online only. The candidates have to access the JEE Main login and download the scorecard. The steps to check the JEE Main 2021 login is given below:
Step 1 – To check the result, first of all, candidates need to go to the official website or click on the direct link on this page.
Step 2 – In the official website, candidates need to look for “View JEE Main 2021 Result and Rank” button.
Step 3 – On clicking this link, candidate get 2 options for:
- Through application number and password.
- Through application number and date of birth.
Step 4 – Next, the candidates need to click on any of the 2 options.
- If the candidates select “through application number and password” then they need they enter application number, date of birth, and security pin.
- If candidates select “through application number and date of birth” then they need to enter application number, date of birth. and security pin.
Step 5 – After entering all the details, candidates need to click on the red “Submit” button.
Step 6 – On clicking it, the dashboard opens and from there candidates can check JEE Main 2021 scorecard and download the same.
JEE Main 2021 All India Rank
The JEE Main 2021 AIR is released based on the best scores of the candidates out of both the attempts. Hence, the AIR is released after the declaration of the second attempt result. The rank is given to the candidates based on the overall percentile score of the candidates. Now if 2 or more candidates get the same percentile score then the tie breaking is done. The tie breaking is done as per the preferences given below:
Tie Breaker Criteria for Paper 1 (B.Tech)
- Candidates who secure a more percentile score in Mathematics will be placed higher.
- If there is still a tie, aspirants who secure more percentile score in Physics will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is still not resolved, those who secure a more percentile score in Chemistry will be ranked higher.
- Lastly, if the tie still persists, the age of the candidate will be taken into consideration. The older candidate will be ranked higher over the younger candidates.
Tie Breaker Criteria for Paper 2 (B.Arch)
- Candidates who secure higher marks in mathematics will be given a higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, then the aspirant with a higher score in the aptitude test will be allotted a higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, then aspirants with higher scores in the drawing test will be given a higher rank.
- In case, the above criteria do not resolve the tie, aspirants having a lesser number of negative responses in the paper will be ranked higher.
- Lastly, if the tie still persists, the older candidate will be given preference over the younger candidates.
Tie Breaker Criteria for Paper 3 (B.Plan)
- Those who obtain higher marks in mathematics will be given a higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, then the aspirant with higher scores in the aptitude test will be given a higher rank.
- If the tie still persists, then the candidate will higher marks in planning based questions will be given the higher rank.
- Even if the above criteria do not break the tie, aspirants with less number of negative responses in the paper will be ranked higher.
- Even if the tie still remains, then the age of the candidate will be considered. Older candidates will be given preference over the younger candidates.
JEE Main 2021 Cutoff
There are no cutoff marks to qualify the JEE Main exam. This means all the candidates that take the exam is given rank. However, only the top 2.5 lakh candidates are allowed to register for JEE advanced exam for admission in the IITs. The final result of JEE Main after the 2nd attempt has the cutoff marks to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2021 exam.
The cutoff from last few years is as follows:
Details on JEE Main 2021 Scorecard
The below given details are available in the scorecard of JEE Main 2021 Jan exam:
- Application number
- Roll number of Jan attempt
- Candidate’s name
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- PwD status
- Date of birth
- State of Eligibility
- NTA scores in all 3 subjects
- Overall percentile score
- Important details
JEE Main 2021 Toppers
The toppers are announced after the result declaration of the final attempt. Last year the toppers were:
|JEE Main 2020 B.E / B.Tech toppers||Percentile||State code of Eligibility|
|Landa Jitendra||100||Andhra Pradesh|
|Thadavarthi Vishnu Sri Sai Sankar||100||Andhra Pradesh|
|Rongala Arun Siddardha||100||Telangana|
|Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy||100||Haryana|
|JEE Main 2020 B.Arch toppers||Percentile||State code of Eligibility|
|JEE Main 2020 B.Plan toppers||Percentile||State code of Eligibility|
|Kanumuri Bheemeswara Vijay Varma||100||Andhra Pradesh|
About JEE Main 2020
Joint Entrance Examination – Main is a national level engineering entrance test. It is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in institutes accepting the JEE-Main score, which mainly consists of National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs). The examination consists of three papers – Paper 1 for B.E./BTech courses, Paper 2 for B.Arch, and Paper 3 for BPlan courses.
JEE Main 2021 Result FAQs
For JEE Main 2021, there is no qualifying marks needed in 10+2. However 75% marks will be needed in 10+2 for admission in NITs and IITs. This criteria was removed in 2020 due to COVID-19, however it will be most probably applicable in 2021
No, the JEE Main Results declared by NTA after the publishing of the Answer Key will be final and binding.
The process of normalization helps in creating a uniform and just parameter of judgment for all the candidates who give the exam in a different session. To give an equal opportunity to all the candidates the process of normalization has been introduced in the declaration of the JEE Main result.
Class 12th boards Result only certifies the candidate’s eligibility for the exam. However, for taking admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs are based on All India Rank as explained above along with at least 75% marks in the 12th class exam or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.